stud.io Part Designer has launched! Design/texture your own lego pieces

baraklava

If anyone of you is using stud.io, they just launched the beta of a great plugin called Part Designer. Essentially it lets you create your own parts and customize the textures on those, and import them into stud.io easily. That means you can now e.g. make builds with the original Rock Raiders without hassle (If you get a hold of vector/png textures for these guys)

Feel free to post textures/images below of parts that you've done that are not in the stud.io official catalogue! I'll get around to making some of my own when I have time

(basically no Rock Raiders-unique parts are in the official catalogue)

Link to site: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/partdesigner.page

2 quick, terrible examples:

Pasting textures onto pieces 

yNshhfD.png

Placing studs on pieces

KThz4Zy.png

4 hours ago, mumboking said:

Speaking of designing parts... I found this a few days ago: https://marian42.de/article/partdesigner/

Yep.

Oh man, that's so neat... if only I had a 3D printer

5 hours ago, aidenpons said:

What is stud.io ? Like a Lego Digital Designer v2 and not made by Lego?

Yep, and it's pretty great! Can't remember how LDD was though but in stud.io you have tons of old parts, and even starting to get hose posing functionality, meaning you can actually make Chrome Chrusher with bent hoses by only making two connections and watching physics do its work! Maybe pull the sides a little to adjust, but it's like magic when in action. Chains also are posable. Although they still haven't made the smaller hoses for the Teleport Pad / Tool store bendable... but in a future update?

The rendering is also top notch, giving results like this at non-maximum quality:

1JwFRis.png

• Like 1
  • Suprised 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.