Request: Building LEGO Game

bradleybrand

bradleybrand

I understand we have LEGO Worlds which exists.

But I would like to see a flat world building game. Where a minifig can walk around. Place bricks and join them together like LEGO.

Is this possible? Is anyone willing to put in the time to create such a thing?

bradleybrand

On advice of building a LEGO game, what advice would you give? Does anyone know what software would be easiest to use and any good tutorials?

I loved LEGO Racers 2 back in the day. I remember when I was little. I loved Sandy Bay. I kept losing at a race so I was stuck on Sandy Bay, which was very beautiful. I loved the idea of having a peaceful little LEGO island. I know the island was not LEGO, but all the models on the island were made of LEGOs which I loved.

From what I've read, there is no way to really edit LEGO Racers 2 but there are some things you can do like change the race tracks around. I am not sure of the game engine of LEGO Racers 2, I think it was all written from scratch. I loved being able to custom build your own minifig and vehicle, but I used premade vehicles.

I want to first construct my own island - making it look nice. Then get some LEGO assets and place them into a world. Then have some mechanics. Racing would be very good but that is when the whole vision becomes very complex and I would be unable to complete.

MinifigRenderer

Brickadia is something of a brick placing game in development: https://discord.gg/SCFjC6w that's it's discord here

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.