Jump to content
GBTM101

Awkward Hello

Recommended Posts

GBTM101

(by awkward I mean it feels weird just saying hello in the title)

So... hey! I'm just a dude who grew up with LEGOs... and eventually discovered LEGO games, both on LEGO.com and offline games. I've owned a lot of the classic games over the years... except Rock Raiders, ironically enough. I get the feeling I'm seriously missing out. Gonna have to try and track down a copy sooner or later.

 

Among my favorites:

  • LEGO Island: Xtreme Stunts (PC)
  • LEGO Racers (PC)
  • LEGO Racers 2 (PC)
  • LEGO City Undercover
    (really all the TT LEGO games are good but they start getting repetitive after awhile. This is my favorite out of the bunch that I actually own, though.)
  • Beltz (Web Game)
  • Dreamz (Web Game)
  • Junkbot (Web Game)
  • Junkbot Undercover (Web Game)
  • Worldbuilder (Web Game)
  • Worldbuilder 2 (Web Game)
  • Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident (Web Game)
  • Mars Mission: Crystalien Conflict (Web Game)
    (This game was so good that I  honestly wished they had made a fully-fledged premium video game out of it instead of being simply a web game.)

Oh, I also used to own LEGO Fever. Sadly, the game's been lost to time at this point, and I doubt I still have a backup of my files when I did have it installed. From what I remember, the game was basically Junkbot 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aidenpons

Welcome to RRU!

 

Unfortunately most of the games you listed aren't ones that RRU really does a lot of modding... but you're welcome to start :PLR1 in particular just has pesky file formats and while cool stuff is doable it can be a little sloooow....

 

I must say, I agree on CrystAlien Confliect... a Lego RTS could go down extremely well. Sure, there was Lego Battles, which would have been quite nice if it was on PC, but no, it was on the DS.  Whyyyyyy, Lego, the DS is not the platform you push strategy games to :P

 

Also, most of the web games (except Spybotics, who nobody has got to work) are playable over here on a reptuable site (as opposed to www.flashgames.com or something extremely silly-sounding :P); dunno if you have other waysof still playing them. This is their main site, and they have a very well-laid-out section on Bionicle, but the Lego section is more or less still under construction (but usable!)

 

except Rock Raiders

:(

 

As I said before, welcome to RRU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GBTM101
35 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

I must say, I agree on CrystAlien Confliect... a Lego RTS could go down extremely well. Sure, there was Lego Battles, which would have been quite nice if it was on PC, but no, it was on the DS.  Whyyyyyy, Lego, the DS is not the platform you push strategy games to :P

Oh, I forgot about LEGO Battles! I actually own that. Was able to satisfy my CrystAlien Conflict nostalgia somewhat after its webpage vanished and before I was made aware of the existence of an entire community devoted to fixing bugs with the game... and they've even recently come out with a map editor for it! I could hardly believe it myself when I discovered it.

 

35 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

Also, most of the web games (except Spybotics, who nobody has got to work)

The Nightfall Incident used to be playable on jayisgames.com but due to the EOL of Shockwave, it isn't anymore unless you already have Shockwave and its compatability components installed for Internet Explorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aidenpons
3 hours ago, GBTM101 said:

Oh, I forgot about LEGO Battles! I actually own that. Was able to satisfy my CrystAlien Conflict nostalgia somewhat after its webpage vanished and before I was made aware of the existence of an entire community devoted to fixing bugs with the game... and they've even recently come out with a map editor for it! I could hardly believe it myself when I discovered it.

I knew about that and the map maker, but I clearly didn't read it clearly enough: I recall that they could create levels but not inject them into the game. Evidently now they can! :D I shall have to give this a play, as the last time I played CAC was within the year  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GBTM101
10 hours ago, aidenpons said:

I knew about that and the map maker, but I clearly didn't read it clearly enough: I recall that they could create levels but not inject them into the game. Evidently now they can! :D I shall have to give this a play, as the last time I played CAC was within the year  :P

Unfortunately the editor's a little buggered right now (the AI can get pretty wonky. This can be a real issue for Crystal Miners/Extractors. For now I'd recommend setting up levels to use the Ops Ship & Drillers to get around this if you run into issues with the miners/extractors) but it does work and the maps can be loaded into the game. Now if only there was a good place to share these maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.