Wizard "Agent" Missing Voicelines

GBTM101

So coming back to this game after about a decade or so, I find out that it generally crashes on modern systems because the game relied on the Microsoft Agent (think Clippy) framework to make that "wizard" helper guy work. Okay, so I just have to install the framework, right? Oops, Microsoft discontinued it and no longer provides downloads. All was not lost though as I tracked down a third-party program that basically emulates the original Agent software. I boot up the game and lo and behold, it actually works.

... up to a point. Some things seem to crash the game, others soft locking it. But probably one of the biggest issues is that the Agent helper doesn't have any voice lines, which prevents me from figuring out how this game works or in the case of the challenges, what my objectives are.

3 hours ago, LDD Mods said:

What are you using as your agent emulator?

DoubleAgent. But it's a little more than an emulation issue, I think. I've gone looking for the files on my computer and they're not present at all. I think I have a corrupted disc or something.

Also of note is that on the first install, I did find one voice file, but when I uninstalled and reinstalled it to try and fix this, that voice file was completely missing.

MinifigRenderer

I used double agent on Windows 10 though my copy worked perfectly fine. Not sure what's up with yours though. I did do a tutorial on how to install the game and how to get it working on W10.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.