Lego Loco On 64bit Windows 10

shaggy08251993

shaggy08251993

Hey all, I'll start by mentioning the problem that I'm having. I managed to get Lego Loco installed, but whenever I click the shortcut, either nothing happens, or the screen will flash black for less than half a second but still nothing happens. I've tried compatibility settings and running as an admin. I've also tried disabling fullscreen optimization.

So, I can only assume that the setup.exe for Lego Loco is a 16bit installer since I can't initialize it by normal means on 64bit Win 10. However, I found a program that emulates 16bit executable files called OTVDM (version 1056). With this program, I was able to run the setup file and install the game, but I keep getting an error about needing to run in high color mode and at a certain resolution. I've tried enabling 16bit color in compatibility (though I haven't tried changing the resolution). On the IGN (I think) wiki, it said the alternate installer could fix this, but it didn't seem to make a difference for me.

Anyone have input on what I should do from this point?

PS. If anyone is interested, OTVDM allowed me to get Legoland working on 64bit Win 10 as well. Seems the setup.exe is 16bit, but the rest of the files run on 32bith architecture.

EDIT: Okay so I should tried all options and fixed the resolution. The game starts and runs now (mostly) okay. The mouse is a little buggy, but the only thing really bothering me that is left is the intro video not being full screen. Any way to fix this?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
shaggy08251993
On 7/13/2019 at 6:21 AM, BrickDelver said:

where do you get OTVDM from?

Holy smokes, sorry for the late reply. I'm really not on this site much. If you still need it, I'd be glad to put it on my Google Drive for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.