Lego Island 2 Settings Reset On Game Launch

shaggy08251993

shaggy08251993

Hey all, I've been following this community for years now and have used many of the Lego Rock Raiders (a childhood favorite), but I've been a ghost till now. I made a post in the Game Guides section but am making one here as well because I don't know which is more fitting and/or active. I come to you today to ask for assistance because I have no idea what is causing my issue, which is exactly what the title says. Every time I start up Lego Island 2 my video settings (just fog adjustment) and controls keep resetting to default. I run the game as administrator, and even tried making sure the settings file (and the folder that contains it) are NOT read-only.

I even scoured the internet for over an hour trying to find a program that could open the settings.set file so that I could manually change what the default was, but to no avail. I couldn't find one.

Does anyone have suggestions? It isn't game-breaking, but highly annoying.

lol username

I've never had issues with controls/graphics/audio settings not saving, except for screen resolution - it's never remembered screen resolution for me, on any version of the game, on any computer. You've already tried the only things I could think of to fix it, though, so, hmmm.

shaggy08251993

@Jamester, you just gave me an idea that I didn't try. Perhaps if I could find an update for the game available for download that would fix the issue. If I'm able to make that work, I'll put it in this post.

lol username
45 minutes ago, shaggy08251993 said:

@Jamester, you just gave me an idea that I didn't try. Perhaps if I could find an update for the game available for download that would fix the issue. If I'm able to make that work, I'll put it in this post.

There's not really any updates available for download per se. The game had two released versions, with only minor known differences between them:

shaggy08251993

Yeah, after searching around more I didn't find anything so I figured there was no update. The last thing I tried was actually chatting with someone from the Lego company (and I'm surprised they actually have live chat support) to see if they kept a copy of development tools around anywhere that might allow me to open the settings.set file. The support agent was super friendly, but had nothing for me because they don't support the game anymore (obviously).

I'm all out of ideas and don't think I'll ever get a fix :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.