5h3i1ah

While I work on my LSW TCS mod, I think it'd be fun if I could share my progress with everyone, so I decided to make this. If anyone wishes to contribute their efforts, it'd be greatly appreciated!

================================================================================================================

Jon Burton, a.k.a. GameHut, director of The Complete Saga, recently released this video showing off early LEGO Indiana Jones content as well as animations for Lara Croft and James Bond. I figured it'd be a fun idea to add these characters into TCS, and with their similar animations to other characters, I feel it can be pulled off well.

I decided to start with James Bond for no reason in particular other than the fact that I could quickly think up a good set of animations for him. Here's what I have so far:

Base: Han Solo. He has the right gun, the right hair, generally badass manner, perfect place to start.

Standing gun hold and firing animations: Luke Skywalker. Might change the standing gun hold animation to someone who holds it up behind their head if such a character exists, but the gun shooting animation is perfect. Left foot forward and dual-handed hold, perfect match to the video. Speaking of the gun, I'll switch it out for the chrome gun (like the gray one, but shinier), considering how shiny the gun looks in the video.

unknown.png

Tiptoe animation: Stormtrooper. I knew immediately that this would be the right animation for tiptoeing, with him inching forward sideways as if backed against a wall.

unknown.png

I also plan to adjust the facial animations as I see fit, since some of the ones paired with the animations don't really fit Bond's personality (the current standing gun animation shows this discrepancy pretty well, bond would never have such an open smile). Since facial animations are handled by .BSA files, I should easily be able to switch them out for any other without breaking the animation itself.

James Bond texturing WIP

unknown.png

Original LEGO James Bond for reference

PGLVMaPbBSQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

The front of the shirt is still Han Solo, the black might be better as a dark-ish gray, and the white cuffs of the sleeves are currently absent (the texture mapping on the arms is completely whacked since it's intended to just be a solid color), but it's a start. His teeth are now completely black since they share the same white texture area as the arms, but that shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't imagine James Bond really ever showing his teeth anyway.

lol username

Cool idea. Looking forward to more.

3 hours ago, K1d_5h31d0n said:

the black might be better as a dark-ish gray

Yeah, that's what folks usually do to keep more lighting visible. I personally usually use 12/12/12 in my own stuff but for consistency's sake, maybe see what other characters with black clothes use?

unknown.png

12/12/12 looks nice, but 34/34/34, taken from the Imperial Shuttle Pilot, seems to really closely match the original video.

unknown.png

I think I'll go with 34/34/34, in that case.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.