5h3i1ah

As a bit of an expenditure into LEGO modding, I've been working on a mod for LSW:TCS that expands the character roster. It adds many characters that can't be freely selected and played as in the original game, as well as some that aren't even present in the original game, to the roster. This first release adds 16 characters and 7 vehicles to the roster. You can download the mod here.

Note: Sadly, this mod is not compatible with existing saves made before installation of the mod. Any characters that unlock through clearing levels cannot be unlocked if those levels are already cleared, and if characters have been purchased in the shop in a save prior to installing this mod, the shop will break on that save.
If you have any existing saves that you wish to keep intact but wish to try out this mod, it is advised that you back up your saves (They can be found in 
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\LucasArts\LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga\SavedGames\.You can put %localappdata% in the address bar to instantly jump to the Local folder, then navigate from there). However, as long as you don't select those saves with the mod installed, they should remain intact.

• Characters
    • Story. These are characters that can be unlocked by playing the levels they appear in.
      1. Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
        Description: Darth Vader, but with the animations of Anakin Skywalker and a scarred gray head under his helmet.
        Gameplay: Anakin Skywalker (Jedi) with Dark Force, Force Choke, and Imperial Access. Also can wear hats!
        Unlock Criteria: Clear the A New Hope bonus level.
    • Shop. These characters appear in the shop after clearing their associated levels, and can be bought for a certain amount of studs.
    1. Anakin Skywalker (Scarred)

Description: Anakin Skywalker after being burned in the lava but before being put in his signature Darth Vader outfit. He has no hair and a scarred face.
      Gameplay: Anakin Skywalker (Jedi) with Dark Force.
      Unlock Criteria: Clear Darth Vader (Episode III, Chapter 6) or use the cheat code BRN555, then buy in the shop for 125,000 studs.

2. Luke Skywalker (Ceremony)
      Description: Luke Skywalker as seen during the Episode IV outro.
      Gameplay: Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)
      Unlock Criteria: Clear Rebel Attack (Episode IV, Chapter 6) or use the cheat code LGG466, then buy in the shop for 25,000 studs.

3. Luke Skywalker (Pyjamas)
      Description: Luke Skywalker in his pyjamas, as seen in the Episode V outro.
      Gameplay: Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
      Unlock Criteria: Clear Cloud City Trap (Episode V, Chapter 6) or use the cheat code LPJ522, then buy in the shop for 30,000 studs.

4. Lando (Waistcoat)
      Description: Lando Calrissian wearing Han Solo's waistcoat.
      Gameplay: Lando Calrissian
      Unlock Criteria: Clear Into the Death Star (Episode VI, Chapter 6) or use the cheat code LCS328, then buy in the shop for 33,000 studs.

5. Jedi
      Description: A random generic Jedi, as seen in Jedi Battle (Episode II, Chapter 4)
      Gameplay: Obi-Wan Kenobi
      Unlock Criteria: Clear Jedi Battle (Episode II, Chapter 4) or use the cheat code UTF066, then buy in the shop for 25,000 studs.

6. Mos Eisley Citizen
      Description: A random generic citizen of Mos Eisley, as commonly seen in the Mos Eisley Cantina.
      Gameplay: Han Solo, but without a combat roll, dodge, or the ability to fire at enemies behind or to the side of them.
      Unlock Criteria: Clear Mos Eisley Spaceport (Episode IV, Chapter 3) or use the cheat code DEN808, then buy in the shop for 15,000 studs.

7. Cantina Alien
      Description: A random generic alien, as commonly seen in the Mos Eisley Cantina.
      Gameplay: Han Solo, but without a combat roll, dodge, or the ability to fire at enemies behind or to the side of them.
      Unlock Criteria: Clear Mos Eisley Spaceport (Episode IV, Chapter 3) or use the cheat code ZEN042, then buy in the shop for 15,000 studs.

8. Cloud City Citizen
      Description: A random generic citizen of Cloud City, as commonly seen in Betrayal Over Bespin (Episode V, Chapter 5).
      Unlock Criteria: Clear Betrayal Over Bespin (Episode V, Chapter 5) or use the cheat code IHS010, then buy in the shop for 15,000 studs.

• Bonus. These characters unlock like Story characters, but aren't present in the levels they're unlocked through. Surprise!
    1. Battle Droid (Pilot)

Description: Similar to Battle Droid (Commander), but with blue markings that are slightly different in shape to Commander's.

Gameplay: Battle Droid

Spoiler

Unlock Criteria: Clear Negotiations (Episode I, Chapter 1).

2. Gungan Warrior
      Description: A generic character of the Gungan species. They appear running across the opening area of Invasion of Naboo.
      Gameplay: Captain Tarpals

Spoiler

Unlock Criteria: Clear Invasion of Naboo (Episode I, Chapter 2).

3. Kaminoan
      Description: A generic character of the Kaminoan species. One is seen at the beginning of Discovery on Kamino, next to the broken light that you repair.
      Gameplay: Taun We and Lama Su, but can't dance when the special button is held (s a d).

Spoiler

Unlock Criteria: Clear Discovery on Kamino (Episode II, Chapter 2).

4. Padmé (Mustafar)
      Description: Padmé when pregnant, as seen in the opening cutscene of Darth Vader (Episode III, Chapter 6).
      Gameplay: Padmé, but with 75% run speed and half jump height.

Spoiler

Unlock Criteria: Clear Ruin of the Jedi (Episode III, Chapter 5).

5. Padmé (Hospital Gown)
      Description: Padmé when pregnant and in a solid white hospital gown, as seen in the Episode III Outro.
      Gameplay: Padmé, but with 75% run speed and half jump height.

Spoiler

Unlock Criteria: Clear Darth Vader (Episode III, Chapter 6).

6. Wuher
      Description: The man behind the bar at the Mos Eisley Cantina.
      Gameplay: Ambles along slowly, doesn't jump high, and throws punches.

Spoiler

Unlock Criteria: Clear Mos Eisley Spaceport (Episode IV, Chapter 3).

7. Mon Calamari
      Description: A generic character of the Mon Calamari species, seen with Admiral Ackbar in the cutscenes of Into the Death Star .
      Gameplay: Admiral Ackbar

Spoiler

Unlock Criteria: Clear Jedi Destiny (Episode VI, Chapter 5).

• Vehicles
    • Story

1. Anakin's Pod (Green)

Description: The green variant of Anakin's Pod that player 2 plays as in story mode.
        Gameplay: Anakin's Pod
        Unlock Criteria: Clear Mos Espa Pod Race (Episode I, Chapter 4).

2. Naboo Starfighter (Green)
        Description: The green variant of the Naboo Starfighter that player 2 plays as in story mode.
        Gameplay: Naboo Starfighter
        Unlock Criteria: Clear the Anakin's Flight bonus level.

3. Naboo Starfighter (Blue)
        Description: The blue variant of the Naboo Starfighter that player 2 would have played as in story mode in the scrapped Anakin's Flight level from LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game.
        Gameplay: Naboo Starfighter
        Unlock Criteria: Clear the Anakin's Flight bonus level.

4. Anakin's Speeder (Green)
        Description: The green variant of Anakin's Speeder that player 2 plays as in story mode, piloted by Obi-Wan Kenobi.
        Gameplay: Anakin's Speeder
        Unlock Criteria: Clear Bounty Hunter Pursuit (Episode II, Chapter 1).

5. Republic Gunship (Green)
        Description: The green variant of the Republic Gunship that player 2 plays as in story mode.
        Gameplay: Republic Gunship
        Unlock Criteria: Clear Gunship Cavalry (Episode II, Chapter 5).

6. Snowspeeder (Green)
        Description: A green variant of the Snowspeeder that player 2 now plays as in story mode.
        Gameplay: Snowspeeder
        Unlock Criteria: Clear Hoth Battle (Episode V, Chapter 1).

• Shop

1. None... yet.
    • Bonus

1. Imperial Probe Droid
        Description: The droids in Hoth Battle (Episode V, Chapter 1) that fly around and try to pull on your tow bombs.
        Gameplay: Tight but slow movement, and the ability to drag tow bombs.

Spoiler

Unlock Criteria: Clear Hoth Battle (Episode V, Chapter 1)

• Other changes
    • General
      1. The Mos Eisley Citizens and Cantina Aliens in the Mos Eisley Cantina hub are taggable.
      2. You now play as Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) instead of Darth Vader in the A New Hope bonus level.
      3. Player 2 now plays as Snowspeeder (Green) instead of Snowspeeder in Hoth Battle (Episode V, Chapter 1).
      4. Anakin's Pod, Republic Gunship, and their green variants now also unlock when beating the bonus Original variants of their levels.
      5. Color variants of vehicles now use the same icon as the normal vehicle. The game is limited in how many icons it can load, so this was done to make room for less redundant icons.
    • Bug Fixes
  1. Han Solo's icon now shows white on his shirt's folds instead of a beige, skin-like color.
  2. Han Solo (frozen in carbonite) can no longer ride vehicles.
  • Known bugs
  1. Icons for added characters frequently fail to load in the shop and the character select screen. As of now, this is nigh unfixable.
  2. The four random characters (Jedi, Mos Eisley Citizen, Cantina Alien, and Cloud City Citizen) all turn into a different variant when riding something. This is an inherent problem with these types of characters and was actually worse before I worked on them, as they had random parts instead of looking like a proper random character.
  3. You can get a Mos Eisley Citizen or Cantina Alien into a Freeplay level without unlocking them by tagging one and keeping them as your AI partner as you enter a level.

I plan to do another release some time in the future (no guarantees when), so if any of you are willing to contribute, that'd be greatly appreciated. Things such as technical restrictions or techniques I may not know about, or a good way to get proper character icons (thus far, I've been doing edits, and the Lukes don't even have unique icons), are what I'm looking for. I'm thinking editing a texture and camera positioning in a level would work well for the icons, using a green screen effect with in-game lighting to get good-looking icons, but any better methods that you guys can get working would be great! A way to extend a GSC file, either through proper creation of a new file or through hex editing, would also be great, as that'd allow me to add icons to STARWARS_ICONS_ALL_PC.GSC, therefore fixing the first Known Bug I have listed.

If you're newer to modding and just want to check out the mod, here's how to install it:

Step 1: Follow this tutorial (starts with "Alright, I owe it to you guys to teach you how to mod these games. Here's how you do it". You'll need to scroll down a bit to see it) to get your game to a state where it can be modded. For step 4 in the tutorial, "Select one of the .dat files from either game," make sure you extract all the .dat files for TCS, not just one.

Step 2: Download the mod

Step 3: Extract "The Complete Roster.zip" to the copy of the game folder that has the extracted .dat files

Wow, I didn't even know it was really possible to add this much functionality to the TT games: usually adding characters is a right nightmare. It's great that you've got something working!

The only character I remember wanting to play was the generic Jedi in the Battle of Geonosis. There are already enough Padme, Luke, and Anakin variants that I don't hugely want to add any more :P (better than TLM's Emmet, though...)

Gameplay: Taun We and Lama Su, but can't dance when the special button is held (s a d).

Wait, Kaminoans can dance if Special is held? ?Whaaaaaaa? Is that what makes them special? ?

Han Solo (frozen in carbonite) can no longer ride vehicles.

XD I never knew that was a thing :P

Unfortunately I'm 85% of the way through my save and would like to finish it, so I'll have to pass on installing this for the moment :(

One thing: using Discord as a file hosting service is extremely unreliable. This is why RRU has a Files database! Up top, just below the RRU logo, there's "Files Database" ,  or top right next to the notification icon there's "Create +" . Either of those will put the file on RRU where it'll be accessible for a significantly longer period of time (forever, at this rate :P).

• Like 2

When Han In Carbonite rides a vehicle, he goes into his reference pose, which for him is just standing perfectly upright. He remains like this when exiting the vehicle, and better yet, he's stuck in a falling state, so you can't tag partners until you change characters, die, or enter a new room. Getting stuck in a falling state after exiting a vehicle is an issue with all no_jump characters, and it can be seen much better in LSW2 with the glitch where anyone can ride a vehicle, or with the Skeleton since he can ride vehicles in that game. I just made Han In Carbonite a "variant:critter", like Womp Rats and other critters, so that he wouldn't be able to ride vehicles.

One thing: using Discord as a file hosting service is extremely unreliable. This is why RRU has a Files database! Up top, just below the RRU logo, there's "Files Database" ,  or top right next to the notification icon there's "Create +" . Either of those will put the file on RRU where it'll be accessible for a significantly longer period of time (forever, at this rate :P).

Oh, right! I'll go ahead and do that then. I'll keep the Discord link as a backup, though I guess if this site goes down, you won't be seeing this post anyway, so the backup will become redundant for anyone getting the mod through here. But hey, you can never have too many backups! :P

usually adding characters is a right nightmare

Haha, funny thing. You wanna know why the "Bonus" characters exist? Well, for whatever reason, COLLECTION.TXT is limited to 100 shop characters max. This actually ends up with 101 total characters in the shop, since Indiana Jones unlocks through "story" and as such isn't counted in the 100 character shop limit. To work around this, I had to somehow find a way to make a character unlock through story without them being physically present. I managed to figure that out, after a bit of diving into the scripts. Basically, each "Bonus" character (and the Anakin's Pods and Republic Gunships you unlock if you play the Original variant levels, since you actually play as LSW1 variants of those vehicles in those levels) is actually a playable character in that level's Story mode, but every area in that level has a PARTY.SCP (or some code added to the existing PARTY.SCP) that tells the game to only activate inactive characters in Story if they're not the Bonus character (i.e. Negotiations will activate all characters if the current mode is Freeplay. If it's not Freeplay, then it'll check "if IAm "BattleDroid_Pilot" == 0". If that statement is true, the character spawns.)

Do you ever see a mistake you made and think, "hm ,am Retardo   ?"

Well, I had accidentally put a password on the COLLECTIONS.TXT, specifically the password for Bloons TD5's main archive file. So sorry for anyone who tried to install this mod and came across this issue. It should be fixed now!

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to use a 100% save with this mod without the new characters being locked and the bricked cantina? I know you can start a new game but it would take a while before all of the new characters would be eventually unlocked and I don't really want to go through all of that.

4/18/20 EDIT: I have started a new save, thanks for no response Sheldon, and this is what I have done so far: I completed all stories, collected the max amount of Studs, gotten every single minikit and all the golden bricks I could collect when I last played, and unlocked every character (except for 1 or 2 because I didn't know how to unlock them) but I haven't finished the last two bonus levels yet if I remembered correctly and haven't done most of the bounty hunter missions yet. In short, it's so near to 100% completion, I just lost interest and motivation. If anyone wants to finish up this modded save, be my guest and download from this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/187dJX8pLiU1z6ok54dAnBzqwooFShRYo/view?usp=sharing

Edited by ColbyDash
Progress Update

• 1 year later...

Hey! Sorry for not responding in... god, over a year and a half. I stopped using this site in favor of the Discord server. I'm sure this is considered a necropost but it's on my own post so whatever.

If you join the TT LEGO modding server, you can find a full 100% save pinned in the modding channel. It has all 340 character slots unlocked, meaning no matter what mod you use it with, you'll have every character. https://discord.gg/ttlegomods

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.