Mission Briefing Chief Voice Missing

wewlad

During briefings or success screens the voiceover is missing even though I have the files installed (e.g.: LEGORR\Data\Sounds\Streamed\) and they are not corrupt.

Hey wewlad,

Yeah this can be fixed, but it does require a little mod.

1. Backup LegoRR1.wad.

2. Extract LegoRR1.wad with a WAD tool 

3. Open LegoRR.cfg and search "@Sounds"

4. This should jump you to heaps of properties defining sound file paths. Now, to make them work you need to remove all the '@' symbols from the start of the sound file paths.

5. Run search and replace to remove all the '@' symbols.

6. Save and rebuild you LegoRR1.wad file.

Now you'll hear Chief's sweet silky voice....

16 hours ago, Cyrem said:

2. Extract LegoRR1.wad with a WAD Tool

I find the Wad Recycler considerably more easy to use: just drag-n-drop.

Alternatively, if you want to get into modding more, you don't even need any WADs: just extract the files and move the contents of the LegoRR0 and LegoRR1 folders under Data (so the Data folder contains stuff like a folder called Vehicles, Lego.cfg, a folder called Sounds, etc). You'll need to move your WADs out the way though so the game looks in the Data folder.

Out of curiosity, what do those @ symbols mean, and why do they work on my machine with all the @'s in front of them?

On 3/7/2019 at 6:35 AM, aidenpons said:

Out of curiosity, what do those @ symbols mean, and why do they work on my machine with all the @'s in front of them?

To be honest, I've never looked into it properly. I just know that it doesn't work for me if I don't remove them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.