ShadowDraikana

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

Update 3/5/2019: Modified topic title to reflect new content.

So after some mucking around with activity files and the config, I managed to get some unused upgrades for vehicles working.  On top of this, there are a bunch of unused animations for things in here too.  Behold what DDI left behind for us to find:

Disclaimer: tested this in my mess mod.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed video link finally
  • Like 3

On 3/1/2019 at 12:36 PM, Slimy Slug said:

Had to take this down for now while I fix some things up with this.  There are unused vehicle animations too, so I'm not sure if I should compact them into here or make a separate topic.  Thoughts anyone?

May as well keep them in here.

This isn't quite on topic, but I didn't think it warranted a separate topic: while hunting down various .lws files in Notepad to make the Hover Scout able to drill I discovered a couple of interesting lines in Vehicles\Drill\DrillStand.lws :

LoadObject D:\StarTeam\Lego\Data\Vehicles\Drill\LPdrill2.lwo
LoadObject D:\NEWTEK\OBJECTS\Lego\drill\LPdrillR.lwo
SaveAnimationName \\Pluto\G\avi\big_drill.avi

StarTeam? NEWTEK? \\Pluto? Are these internal DDi names? I recognise \\NAME as being a reference to a networked computer...

Those names are likely internal file locations that DDI used during development. It doesn't matter because the game actually disregards the filepaths within LWS in most cases. There's a thread somewhere showing the details, but in short, a filepath starting with \\ points to the World\Shared folder, regardless of what's after the \\. Anything else points at the folder of the LWS file.

Upgrades are technically part of animations, so putting them all in one topic is probably fine. Maybe change the title a bit to reflect that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.