Lego custom Rock raiders figures

Oxman_21

Did anyone ever sell custom rock raider figs the orange one's or made a high quality torso print to send custom fig printers?
Just curious :)

PklxC7T.jpg

I don't believe they ever produced the generic Rock Raider minifig, it was something limited to just the PC game. However, some years ago I did see a custom LRR figure using that design on Bricklink. I can't find it now though. It would be nice if someone did produce a vector of the torso though that could be used to make a custom fig.

6 hours ago, Cyrem said:

I don't believe they ever produced the generic Rock Raider minifig, it was something limited to just the PC game. However, some years ago I did see a custom LRR figure using that design on Bricklink. I can't find it now though. It would be nice if someone did produce a vector of the torso though that could be used to make a custom fig.

I always thought that it was Sparks with just a normal smiley face?

Evidently it isn't.

rck005.png

In the game, it seems like the characters look like Spark from a distance, but it changes up close. Possibly some rushed LOD.

I did remake the original torso in photoshop for a HD render of the minifig. Posted the character on the forums a good year back or so.

6 hours ago, sonic007m said:

In the game, it seems like the characters look like Spark from a distance, but it changes up close. Possibly some rushed LOD.

I did remake the original torso in photoshop for a HD render of the minifig. Posted the character on the forums a good year back or so.

Earlier in development they were Jet (hence being called a Pilot internally):

poster-1.jpg

Later, they were Sparks - face, torso, legs and all (of course the real minifigures of the main characters lacked leg printing, but they had it in the game):

LegoStripped_Rm1.png

Rock_Raiders_Dev_manual_07.png

But when they updated the texture atlas for the triman (lowest poly minifig) to make it a generic raider, they forgot to change the part used for the sides of the head:

XCB8dF8.png

xMEijvG.png

The old Sparks textures are still in World\Shared and used by the Mining Laser (there's a few scraps of the old Jet textures hanging around too but sadly not the torso or head):

Mining_Laser_PC.png

Also, according to Karl:

On 12/20/2010 at 10:40 PM, rrcoder said:

Originally the plan was to have all 5 rock-raider classes in the game, each with their own abilities. They would have been the subordinates of Jet, Sparks, Axle, etc. Time constraints nipped this in the bud early on though, which is why they are all 'Pilot'.

Edit: I believe this also answers an earlier question about the 'Barracks' building. The plan was that the teleport pad would beam down a 'generic' unit, and you would use the Barracks to train them in a particular ability (i.e. if you trained the generic character to fly, they would become a 'Pilot', and would look like Jet).

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sonic007m said:

Would you want to share that HD photo op just the torso? Could be a great thing to share here in RRU. Some custom Lego print companies let you choose the design, then people could use yours.

Thank you guys for the great responses, I actually would love to see more early development on LRR is there a post here in RRU with everything we know?

2 hours ago, Oxman_21 said:

Would you want to share that HD photo op just the torso? Could be a great thing to share here in RRU. Some custom Lego print companies let you choose the design, then people could use yours.

Thank you guys for the great responses, I actually would love to see more early development on LRR is there a post here in RRU with everything we know?

I'm currently working on some things related and I don't want to release anything before it's all done. I'll release it sometime in the near future though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.