LEGO Racers Midi?

Jugebox98

Please correct me if I got something wrong. I'm also very sorry about my grammar if it isn't the finest.

I know the fact that PC version uses .TUN formats and they are audio files, not sequenced. I think they used same files on PS1 version but I'm not sure about that. At least what I have heard they also use audio files.

What I have learned that N64 version of LEGO Racers doesn't have those TUN files. Instead it uses some sort USF files which are commonly used on N64 games to save some space in cartridges. I have found those files but they are in miniUSF files. I think it doesn't matter because those miniUSF files are the files which could potentially be converted to MIDI.

I tried to make use of those files but I can't find or get working any programs on my laptop which could either use those USF file or reading N64 rom directly. I believe my issue is that I'm using Win10 and programs which people were using (N64 MIDI Tool) doesn't work on x64 PC's. It might be something else but I have tried other solutions by myself but none of those haven't worked. Only one program booted up on my laptop (SEQ64) but it was based on hexadecimals and other professional coding stuff so little bit trying to get it work I gave up because my lack of knowledge.

My original plan was just mess up with LEGO Racers songs and trying to learn how to play them myself with my other programs which can use MIDIs (and maybe remixing some of my favorite songs). So if you happen to know what I'm doing wrong I would be pleased to hear it. I would also be very grateful if you have those files and linked it on this topic but that's not necessary.

(ps. I love this community's passion about old LEGO games <3 I had lot of fun reading what kind of things you have discovered)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.