Thoughts on a Lego Stranger Things Video Game?

JosiahsBricks

JosiahsBricks

One of my favorite TV Shows has to be Stranger Things. I thought Seasons 1 and 2 were phenomenal, and with Season 3 coming out July 4th, many Netflix watchers can't wait to see the continuing story of the small town, Hawkins, Indiana. For the release of Season 3, wouldn't it be amazing if Lego released sets based on all three season? But then I thought, should Lego make a Stranger Things video game? Based on all three seasons of Stranger Things, I think a video game would be amazing! It would most likely be released on PC, the Nintendo Switch, the PlayStation 4, and the XBOX One. I was thinking about making a custom draft, but I wanted to know what people thought before I waste days making a draft. Would you guys play a Lego Stranger Things video game? 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

maxresdefault.jpg

I certainly think it would make for some interesting gameplay with the varied environments with the upside down. I'm not sure LEGO would go for it though as they only seem to make games for some of the major IP's. Still, part of me thinks that even if they did, it would turn out to be just another LEGO game carbon copy and the opportunity to do some really new and unique things would be lost.

I would obviously play it if there was a game. What would you do with the draft if you made one?

• Like 2
JosiahsBricks

I would go over characters, levels, story, free roam, side quest, etc. It would be like Just2Good's and Ashnflash's Custom Minifigure Series, but video games. While yes, it would feel like the Lego Video Games we play today, it would feature new features like the upside down, Eleven's powers, and (SPOILERS). I think Stranger Things has potential, but Lego need to give it a chance. 

People would probably enjoy the read and the thought of there being such a game, so by all means do it if you have the want and motivation. But be prepared to possibly never see LEGO Stranger Things become a real game though.

Not sure what other people think of the idea?

• Like 1
JosiahsBricks

I don't expect Lego to make a real Lego Stranger Things video game, but it's the thought that counts. If dimensions was still a thing, it would probably be a team pack, but now Dimensions is gone, this could be our only other way.

Honestly I doubt TLG would touch Stranger Things in general with a ten-foot pole, let alone let TT make a proper LEGO game out of it - whilst it's definitely popular for sure, it seems a tad too violent for their relatively child-friendly tastes. That's not to say TLG completely shys away from franchises with more adult nudges (Indy and the more-recent Overwatch come to mine), but Stranger Things kiiiiinda crosses that line a tad too much I think?

I mean, it'd be cool if it happened though. Shame it probably won't.

• Like 4
JosiahsBricks
22 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Honestly I doubt TLG would touch Stranger Things in general with a ten-foot pole, let alone let TT make a proper LEGO game out of it - whilst it's definitely popular for sure, it seems a tad too violent for their relatively child-friendly tastes. That's not to say TLG completely shys away from franchises with more adult nudges (Indy and the more-recent Overwatch come to mine), but Stranger Things kiiiiinda crosses that line a tad too much I think?

I mean, it'd be cool if it happened though. Shame it probably won't.

Honestly, after watching S1 again, the violence is on par with a Marvel movie. Lego would obviously Legofy story elements, but I think it could happen. Thank you for feedback!

• 3 months later...
dy_enforcer

On 1/11/2019 at 12:09 PM, JoshuahsBricks said:

One of my favorite TV Shows has to be Stranger Things. I thought Seasons 1 and 2 were phenomenal, and with Season 3 coming out July 4th, many Netflix watchers can't wait to see the continuing story of the small town, Hawkins, Indiana. For the release of Season 3, wouldn't it be amazing if Lego released sets based on all three season? But then I thought, should Lego make a Stranger Things video game? Based on all three seasons of Stranger Things, I think a video game would be amazing! It would most likely be released on PC, the Nintendo Switch, the PlayStation 4, and the XBOX One. I was thinking about making a custom draft, but I wanted to know what people thought before I waste days making a draft. Would you guys play a Lego Stranger Things video game? 

Though not a video game, it comes with its own set and its an interesting one.?

JosiahsBricks
1 hour ago, dy_enforcer said:

Though not a video game, it comes with its own set and its an interesting one.?

The new set looks great too! I'll defiantly pick it up.

eagleeyedan
On 5/15/2019 at 8:07 AM, JoshuahsBricks said:

The new set looks great too! I'll defiantly pick it up.

You definitely don't gotta be defiant when you do so, you could just pick it up normally :P 

>grabs set off the shelf
>Walks up to register
>"I wish to purchase this set to spite thee!" 
>buys the set defiantly 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.