(solved) Lego rock raiders runs slow and texture glitches

Aligatetcolt

Aligatetcolt

Hey i have been trying to run lego rock raiders for quite some time now but i just keep having the lag and texture problems. i have tryed quite alot of things but i have never really made it work. only on my old laptop that broke down. if any one knows why whis happens please help. i miss this game.

I'm guessing you're using Windows 10? If not, what are you using?

Find where LRR's files are and tell us the size of LegoRR.icd .

If it's 0 kB, use this guide.

Just now, Cyrem said:

@aidenpons I Don't think that the issue, they have the game running, its just not running well.

dgVoodoo solved my lag problems on my Win10 rig, going from 'borderline unplayable' to 'perfectly fine,' so it's worth a shot. In any case, I've never known anyone say dgVoodoo made their problems worse.

1 minute ago, Cyrem said:

What have you tried so far? Have you tried running in windowed mode?

@Aligatetcolt Guide link here, by the way

Aligatetcolt

well i have tried to run it through virtualbox, difrent launchers and change the resolution. also i tried dgvoodoo. the lag is gone but as soon as i open up a menu all the menu things and that text box thing from the beginning comes back and then it lags. i have not tryed running windowed mode.  i am running windows 10 on a self made pc with AMD Ryzen 5 1500x and a gtx 1070 founders edition. i will try the windowd mode thing.

Thats ok, good you got it fixed. I see you did edit your original post, @LegoRacersFanForever would have meant the post above his. If you stick around in the next few months there will be a new resolution mod so you can play the game in a much larger window ;)

Aligatetcolt

Hey i know the game runs now but there are still a few problem that i run into every now and then.
1. it does not safe anything.

2. most times the game crashes before i can even finish the levels.

i am now running Axels unofficial baz mod patch thing, and that is not the problem of the crashing. becuse it still happens in the unmodded game. i have tried running it without dgvoodoo but i just crashed faster. i have tried to setup multiple scenarios to see if it would crash but there was never 1 situation it would always crash. i seems verry random. this is the first time i have these problems. a few year ago i also had rock raiders running on my old laptop that had a AMD grapichcard in it and i did not have any trouble. i did not even install dgvoodoo back then. but that laptop is gone now.

i wanted to stream the game becuse i was talking about old games that i played alot and some poeple wanted to see the games.

Aligatetcolt

Oke i think i have now fixed the problem. i added the parameters -fpslock  and -ftm.

-fpslock: for Enables VSync, which locks the frame rate to the monitor refresh rate when running in a window.

-ftm: Forces the video card to use all available texture memory and disables in-game dynamic lighting (except for walls).

i have been palying for 1 hour now and i still have not had a crash. also saving is no problem now.

edit: funny how just after i post the the game freezes again

Axel's Mod isn't hugely stable, and nor is base LRR, so don't expect a crash-free game.

Great that you found a solution!

Aligatetcolt

Oke i tested the game on my laptop now and i could run the game without a problem. i havent had enhough time to see if the craches still happen but i could run it al fullscreen even tho i tried before to, and then nothing worked.

also thank you @aidenpons and @Cyrem for helping, i apriesiate it.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.