Sign in to follow this  
bradleybrand

Controller?

bradleybrand

Just a thought. So LEGO Racers 2 allows 2 Player races, and I recently learned there are ways to have all the computer opponents also in races too. Normally, both Player 1 and Player 2 use the same computer's keyboard on the same computer. I wondered, perhaps with controller emulation, is it possible to have controllers for the game, and what would be the best way? I have LEGO Racers 2 for PlayStation 1 or 2, but the graphics are much worse compared to my PC ROM game. It would be cool having a computer linked to a TV, having your controller, or maybe a wireless keyboard too, and having races with friends - taking it in turns. Sadly, as far as I'm aware, you cannot have two different keyboards, using the same buttons and keys - this would be much easier.

What would be the best way to achieve what I would like to do? Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone tried such a thing before? Please leave me your feedback.

Mysteli

I'm pretty sure on PC version from the main menu you can go -> Settings -> Controls -> Player 1/Player 2 and have them use different devices from there.

I've always played with a controller.

Cirevam

You have to have a controller plugged in before you start the game. It will not detect anything that's plugged in while the game is running. I tested it just now. If a controller is detected, the multiplayer option will be enabled and you can find the device in the controller settings that Xir mentioned.

bradleybrand

That's epic, thanks for your replies. It's better than both using same keyboard.