Paving Over Slug Holes

aidenpons

groovy grover

well dat good have fixed my issue with the sonic blaster!!! ?

(al though i have to say that finishing the without also was very fun challange!! :D)

don't if u looking for inspiration and maybe it already been done:
but i think that disableling the dynamite function could also can give the game a nice taste/bite! ;) (makes the need for certain buildings and vehicles bigger)
(srry if bordering u with this kind of idea's, it's to bad i'm no programmer (otherwise i would do it myself), really cool what u guys doinging with this kind things ;D )

1 minute ago, groovy grover said:

don't if u looking for inspiration and maybe it already been done:
but i think that disableling the dynamite function could also can give the game a nice taste/bite! ;)

Disabling dynamite is very easy:

a) in Lego.cfg, near the top there are some dynamite damage and radius values; just set those to absurd amounts and then dynamite tends to nuke the place :P

b) for a more professional feel, just go to the Tool Store's section in Lego.cfg and comment out (with a semicolon) TrainDynamite; you'll never be able to train any Explosive Experts that way

• Like 1

groovy grover
1 minute ago, aidenpons said:

Disabling dynamite is very easy:

a) in Lego.cfg, near the top there are some dynamite damage and radius values; just set those to absurd amounts and then dynamite tends to nuke the place :P

b) for a more professional feel, just go to the Tool Store's section in Lego.cfg and comment out (with a semicolon) TrainDynamite; you'll never be able to train any Explosive Experts that way

NICE!!!!!! :D
that sounds like something i'm capable of...
thats a lot @aidenpons i think i have new reason to replay the rock raider campange again with a extra challange! ;D 

I'm going to say this is your recent NPL tutorial put into action.

But the question is, do have to specifically target each slug hole in the NPL?

On 12/26/2018 at 12:56 AM, Cyrem said:

I'm going to say this is your recent NPL tutorial put into action.

But the question is, do have to specifically target each slug hole in the NPL?

Correct!

and yes, I need highly specific scripting and can't just say "pave over all the slug holes." Here's the script I used:

TRUE ? SetR1 0
GetTutorialBlockIsPath 1 > 0 ? AddR1 1
GetTutorialBlockIsPath 2 > 0 ? AddR1 1
GetTutorialBlockIsPath 3 > 0 ? AddR1 1
GetTutorialBlockIsPath 4 > 0 ? AddR1 1
GetR1 = 4 ? SetTutorialBlockIsPath 5

I need five tutorial blocks per slug hole :/ less if I squish the hole up against some Solid Rock. One for the path north of the hole, one west, one east, one south, and one for the slug hole itself.

No, I can't paint N S E and W with tuto block 1 and then say GetTutorialBlockIsPath 1 = 4 ? as GetTutorialBlockIsPath seems to return an absurdly large integer as soon as any block has a power path in it.

Curiously this doesn't actually stop the slug hole from being a slug hole XD slugs will happily come up through it and presumably go back through it, and mousing over it says it's a Slimy Slug Hole. However, upon doing so it is possible (as slugs are also controlled via NPL scripting) to decrease the amount of slugs. You could re-do Back to Basics whereby every time you encounter a cavern with slug holes, the slug spawn rate goes up, but every time you pave over a slug hole, the spawn rate goes down; essentially, tie the slug spawn rate to the number of non-paved-over slug holes (but this would require much more than 20 tutorial blocks... :( )

(Please increase the number of tutorial blocks available in the current version of Map Creator, if you can :P 40 would be a good number for now... )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.