LMS?

Lair

sorry to shoot down ideas but, LMS most likely stands for an extraterrestrial object (the explorer part implies this).

Does LMS coming before explorer imply that the LMS is being explored? I don't think so. It's a possibility, but not a necessity.

• 1 month later...

I belive it goes like this (cremt) Lego(`s), Main, Star (system), Explorers. becose it`s main mission is like Starship Enterprise mission, To explore the universe.

• 2 weeks later...

I can not believe this debate is still going on...

And why wouldn't it be?

He meant becose no one have said a word in this post for days now.

I can not believe this debate is still going on...

And why wouldn't it be?

He meant because no one have said a word in this post for days now.

That is not what he meant at all.

I've got a new idea:

LEGO/Large Mobile Station

That is not what i belive the LMS explorer is called. becose if it was a space station that mean it would be mobile anyway. The space station that is in orbit around Earth is mobile becose it is in space, noting is making it stand still in space. So LMS Explorer is not a space station, but maybe an star explorer or an colony ship, that has mining equipment to get materials to build with.

imperial officer

I've got a new idea:

That is not what i belive the LMS explorer is called. becose if it was a space station that mean it would be mobile anyway. The space station that is in orbit around Earth is mobile becose it is in space, noting is making it stand still in space. So LMS Explorer is not a space station, but maybe an star explorer or an colony ship, that has mining equipment to get materials to build with.

I said that it might be called that. I'm not really happy with the idea myself. I think that the L stands for LEGO or Large, and the S stands for Spaceship, but I can't really think what the M would be.

I've got a new idea:

I said that it might be called that. I'm not really happy with the idea myself. I think that the L stands for LEGO or Large, and the S stands for Spaceship, but I can't really think what the M would be.

"Main, Mega, Mother, Multi, Map, Me, Miner, Mining, Mile, Monster, Metroid or Mars" just to mension.

becose if it was a space station that mean it would be mobile anyway. The space station that is in orbit around Earth is mobile becose it is in space, noting is making it stand still in space. So LMS Explorer is not a space station, but maybe an star explorer or an colony ship, that has mining equipment to get materials to build with.

I agree with you on the terminology. The LMS_E is not a space station, which implies that it's not moving under its own influence. The International Space Station is the current-day version of this. It's stuck in orbit around our planet, but it can't escape orbit. The LMS_E is likely not a colony ship. Though it's big enough to hold several thousand people and is unarmed, there's no evidence that it holds anything but the miners... which is odd. I'd think a mining team wouldn't need a ship that's almost a kilometer long, but they do.

becose if it was a space station that mean it would be mobile anyway. The space station that is in orbit around Earth is mobile becose it is in space, noting is making it stand still in space. So LMS Explorer is not a space station, but maybe an star explorer or an colony ship, that has mining equipment to get materials to build with.

I agree with you on the terminology. The LMS_E is not a space station, which implies that it's not moving under its own influence. The International Space Station is the current-day version of this. It's stuck in orbit around our planet, but it can't escape orbit. The LMS_E is likely not a colony ship. Though it's big enough to hold several thousand people and is unarmed, there's no evidence that it holds anything but the miners... which is odd. I'd think a mining team wouldn't need a ship that's almost a kilometer long, but they do.

Maybe the LMS Explorer is a part of a big space station, you now a space station with parts that can be shot out of the main station. So the LMS Explorer could be one of many parts of an giant space station.

Tauka Usanake

Maybe the LMS Explorer is a part of a big space station, you now a space station with parts that can be shot out of the main station. So the LMS Explorer could be one of many parts of an giant space station.

Eh I don't think so. The LMS Explorer is too bulky and detailed to be part of a space station. I have to say though the L most likely means Lego.

Any thought that the S means space by chance? (something) (something) Space Explorer? I haven't really red this too much.

What shocks me is that no one has seen another obvious.

Majesty

I've already suggested this before, but, even though I am not sure that it truley means that, let me explain: Lego Mining Ship works, but (as seen from the list of Ms up there) it seems Majesty is overlooked. Think of boats of royal navies. HMS Whatever. His/Her Majesties Ship Whatever. It's obvious that, even if it doesn't mean Lego Majesties Ship (as it probably does not), it's a blatant parody of HMS.

• 1 year later...

L.M.S.

Lets Make a Ship, like one of those do it yourself kits. So maybe Chief mailed in 2000 box tops plus stamps, got the Explorer type of kit, and not being creative, he saw L.M.S. (which would be the companie's logo or something) and Explorer underneith, and decided to call it that.

other option Large Massive Super Explorer

Large Mega Ship

What shocks me is that no one has seen another obvious.

Majesty

I've already suggested this before, but, even though I am not sure that it truley means that, let me explain: Lego Mining Ship works, but (as seen from the list of Ms up there) it seems Majesty is overlooked. Think of boats of royal navies. HMS Whatever. His/Her Majesties Ship Whatever. It's obvious that, even if it doesn't mean Lego Majesties Ship (as it probably does not), it's a blatant parody of HMS.

I agree to this theory. Even though I do like LEGO mining ship.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It seems fairly obvious to me that LMS is a play on HMS or RMS (Her Majesty's Ship or Royal Mail Ship, respectively). The L is almost certainly for LEGO, and the S is (obviously) for Ship, but I don't believe that the M was ever supposed to stand for anything.

I also don't think that the M is for Mining, as I always thought that the Explorer was more of an Enterprise-type ship, built for, well, exploring, and only started mining out of necessity when they lost power. Could be wrong though.

EDIT:

Wikipedia is my friend. I think I may have solved this mystery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_ship

Behold, the Lego Motor Ship.

Sorry to disappoint.

Addictgamer

Oh, so that's why they never disclosed the meaning of LMS. If they did, we'd discover their secret -- THE LMS COMBUSTS ENERGY CRYSTALS FOR POWER. OH DEAR WAD.

Hey, wait a minute, you can't combust plastic :|

So, ya, we still haven't solved the mystery of the LMS. I think half of it is developers staying up too long past their bed time.

...Is what I wanted to say. Need to find a place to use that...

Oh, so that's why they never disclosed the meaning of LMS. If they did, we'd discover their secret -- THE LMS COMBUSTS ENERGY CRYSTALS FOR POWER. OH DEAR WAD.

Hey, wait a minute, you can't combust plastic :|

So, ya, we still haven't solved the mystery of the LMS. I think half of it is developers staying up too long past their bed time.

...Is what I wanted to say. Need to find a place to use that...

Several things to say to this.

1. The Explorer only started using Energy Crystals as fuel after it's accident, as they were the only accessible fuel source in the area. What it used for fuel beforehand is not stated

2. I don't believe that, in-universe, energy crystals are supposed to be made of plastic. They're called "crystals," I would assume that they are some kind of mineral.

3. Following the above, if everything in the LEGO universe is technically plastic, then, well, everything is plastic. People, food, vehicles. They still behave as though they weren't, so the point is moot.

4. The Explorer doesn't run on the crystals themselves, but uses the energy stored inside them. It is shown very clearly in-game that that energy crystals are 'drained,' after they are used to power something the crystal remains, devoid of energy. It is even shown in the ending, inside the explorer, the energy crystals are drained to produce a sort of liquid fuel. They can even be recharged afterward. It's most likely this green liquid that is combusted, it probably works the same as gasoline.

Or perhaps the Explorer is a Hybrid and can run on electricity too?

Either way, I think that Motor Ship is the most likely meaning.

1. The Explorer only started using Energy Crystals as fuel after it's accident, as they were the only accessible fuel source in the area. What it used for fuel beforehand is not stated

It used Energy Crystals beforehand. :/ The extended intro shows the ECs draining into the wormhole, and the books made reference to it a few times. They're turned into power units/cells but they were probably crystals before via point #4. That's why in the intro, Chief tells Sparks to scan for them. Yeah maybe it had alternate fuels, but ECs are so powerful there's not a lot else they would want to use.

It used Energy Crystals beforehand. :/ The extended intro shows the ECs draining into the wormhole, and the books made reference to it a few times. They're turned into power units/cells but they were probably crystals before via point #4. That's why in the intro, Chief tells Sparks to scan for them. Yeah maybe it had alternate fuels, but ECs are so powerful there's not a lot else they would want to use.

Never read the books, sorry. And I don't remember seeing any ECs in the intro... I was mistaken, sorry.

If it's not "Mining", the only valid term I'll accept is "Masochistic". The amount of times they run into landslides, lava, Monsters, explosives and everything else with the potential to kill them...

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.