LMS?

Lair

What does LMS really mean?

People have saidit means LEGO® Mining Ship. After thought I dissagree. On Earth, H.M.S. on a boat mean His/Her Majesties' Ship. So that could be what L.M.S. intended to mean. (LEGO® rather than his/her). But who's majesty?

So now I don't know anymore.

Maybe LMS means Let's Make Soup? No, Although the 'L' probably is LEGO®, I prefer not knowing what it means, because, in my experience, knowing things like that leads to disappointment. LEGO® Mining Ship is most likely what LEGO® had in mind, if they were really thinking anything, but I personally don't like it. So, in other words, I'm fine with LMS

Rets

No one agrees with LEGO® Majesties' Ship, so I guess LEGO® Mining Ship is favored.

Lair Makes Sandwiches

And addict makes burnt cookies.

DeactivatedAccount

LMS, go look at the Ultimate LEGO® Book. It says it in there somewere (havnt seen that book for afew years)

grr - ill guess to keep mouse happy.

LEGO® . military . ship

LEGO® . mobile . spaceforce

Large . Mobile . ship

LEGO® . massivlely . stupid (caus they didnt think of a awsome name)

Luna . M: Tron . Spacepolice Alliance?

look . massive . ship!

Maybe LMS isn't all of it's name, just shortened AND abreviated? Like, perhaps:

Large Mobile Spacestation planetary destroyer Transport?

Large Manual command Ship/ transport

or maybe it's something stupid, like

Lactose Monkey Ship (liking that one)

Really, I just don't like the idea of LEGO® being in it's name. It makes sense, but it makes it seem less realistic. I mean really, would you name your incredibly large spaceship after a small plastic toy?

Retsnom

LEGO® could be the name of their species. It's the equivalent of "Human Mining Ship", which sounds like we're mining for humans. Therefore, it makes a lot less sense to name it after their own kind. If LEGO® is the name of their planet, then it's the equivalent of "Earth Mining Ship" which makes a little more sense, but it still sounds awkward.

The 2 I would think of most are

LEGO® Majesties' Ship: Based off of the old navy names of His/Her Majesties' Ship (Insert Name here). This is the most likely thing LEGO® based it off of.

LEGO® Mining Ship: This one makes sense because It is a mining ship, although when using this one you have to think about other ships, for there could be several ships like this that are mining ships, or it could just be a ship that Chief (or whoever owned the ship originaly) could have renivated into a ship full of mining vehicles. And the ship itself dowsnt mine, does it?

you all have to remember that the full name is the LMS Explorer so, LEGO® mining ship explorer doesn't sound good at all. personally i'm stumped. If you think of one make it good, you don't want to anger da chief..........................

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

1. LEGO Mother Ship (The Rock Raiders are aliens)

2. Large Meatball Sub?

1. Why does Mother Ship imply alien-ness?

2. :af:. Nuff said.

1. If you could build a giant space ship then would you call it the mother ship, or would you call it something cool?

LEGO® could be the name of their species. It's the equivalent of "Human Mining Ship", which sounds like we're mining for humans. Therefore, it makes a lot less sense to name it after their own kind. If LEGO® is the name of their planet, then it's the equivalent of "Earth Mining Ship" which makes a little more sense, but it still sounds awkward.

But are they not still mining for legos?

imperial officer

LEGO could be the name of the organization that owns the LMS Explorer.

LEGO could be the name of the organization that owns the LMS Explorer.

That would make sense, actually. *Points at The Adventures of Clutch Powers*

Lego Mining Ship Explorer is the most probable one, and it's the mother ship for that team of Rock Raiders. No one said it's the only LMS though.

Also, Lego Majesties' Ship for the lulz.

sorry to shoot down ideas but, LMS most likely stands for an extraterrestrial object (the explorer part implies this).You must also remember that sometimes a word is omitted in an abbreviation. for example LASER stands for Light Amplification through Stimulated Emission of Radiation, the through is not present. also Lego Mining Ship Explorer just doesn't sound right.

Large, Mobile, planetary System explorer sounds corny but makes logical sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.