LMS?

Lair

Addictgamer

Oh, so that's why they never disclosed the meaning of LMS. If they did, we'd discover their secret -- THE LMS COMBUSTS ENERGY CRYSTALS FOR POWER. OH DEAR WAD.

Hey, wait a minute, you can't combust plastic :|

So, ya, we still haven't solved the mystery of the LMS. I think half of it is developers staying up too long past their bed time.

...Is what I wanted to say. Need to find a place to use that...

Several things to say to this.

1. The Explorer only started using Energy Crystals as fuel after it's accident, as they were the only accessible fuel source in the area. What it used for fuel beforehand is not stated

2. I don't believe that, in-universe, energy crystals are supposed to be made of plastic. They're called "crystals," I would assume that they are some kind of mineral.

3. Following the above, if everything in the LEGO universe is technically plastic, then, well, everything is plastic. People, food, vehicles. They still behave as though they weren't, so the point is moot.

4. The Explorer doesn't run on the crystals themselves, but uses the energy stored inside them. It is shown very clearly in-game that that energy crystals are 'drained,' after they are used to power something the crystal remains, devoid of energy. It is even shown in the ending, inside the explorer, the energy crystals are drained to produce a sort of liquid fuel. They can even be recharged afterward. It's most likely this green liquid that is combusted, it probably works the same as gasoline.

Or perhaps the Explorer is a Hybrid and can run on electricity too?

Either way, I think that Motor Ship is the most likely meaning.

1. What Lair said.

2 & 3: I was mocking LEGO physics, actually. They drive me crazy to no end.

4. Yes, I know it uses the energy inside the crystals. I'm not sure how it does it, though. I always interpreted the glowing green thing in the endgame clip as some scifi cool looking rendition of the energy, not as liquid crystal.  For one thing, Legoland showed us that the presence of the crystals in some kind of boxlike device was enough to power the vehicle. I took that to mean that the energy crystals produce a constant rate of energy. As long as you use under that rate of production, you'll have power (that's why the base doesn't run out of power if you just let it sit around). But if you overdraw, like in firing a laser or a slug absorbing a crystal's energy, then the crystal is drained. The overdraw upsets whatever magical processes are occuring inside the crystal. That's how I think energy crystals work, and I assumed (and still do) the explorer powers itself via energy crystals in much the same way.

But if that is some sort of fuel extracted from the crystals for combustion, then I guess it is a motor ship.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.