lego island 2 soundtrack Parachuting/Asteroids re-cut

groovy grover

groovy grover

Hi everyone,

I may have something that some of you guys maybe would like to hear! ;D

I'm a professional video editor (and a hobby composer) for several years now with a great passion for music, especially for game soundtracks...

The only thing with game soundtracks is that most of them are loop based, which makes them feel, how should I say this; less alive and rewarding..(to me).

So, sometimes I like to edit them to my taste and wishes (which often means that they get a more pop music like structure).

A few years ago I decided to edit my favorite soundtrack of the Lego Island 2 game.

I am not sure what the official name of the soundtrack is, but back then it went under the name of: 'Parachuting' or 'Asteroids'. 

Now that I am new here, and after realizing that this forum also has a media section, I'd like to share my re-cut of that soundtrack with you guys.

Please let me try explain what I did:

When I was listening to the song, I heard something that sounded something similar to an outro (starting at 1:41, till 1:56, https://youtu.be/xrxOPQaOWXg?t=100)

So, I looped the beginning of the song (from 00:23, till 1:41) 1 extra time. Then I added the part that begin's after 1:41. 
I did this to create a more pop music like structure (intro/verse, chorus, verse, chorus and outro).

Thus to me, by reserving the outro till the end it more feels like a release/reward at the ending.. :D 

It's a slight adjustment, but to me: it made a big difference! ;D

I hope you guys enjoy this version and I really love to hear your feedback on this one ;) ! (Even if you really hated it ? , I like to know! ;)

so if if you guys wanted say something about please let me know.. 

here is a download link: https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/769908/asteriods%20(GRooVy%20cut).wav

PS: the .wav extension sugest it's a really high bitrate, this is not true, the youtube link ealier in this message is material used by making this re-cut! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.