Hi!

anowlcalledjosh

anowlcalledjosh

Hey all! I've been lurking around RRU in its various incarnations for many years, but only just got around to making an account.

I'm the maintainer for the Wine AppDB entry for LRR; getting the game to run properly on Linux is something I've been trying to do for a while. It used to run OK in an older version of Wine, but it stopped working about a year ago, and last time I checked it still didn't work. On the other hand, I've just tried running it in a Windows 10 VM using dgVoodoo, and it worked almost immediately!

I've got an LRR-related project or two in the works, but given the number of fan-made remakes and sequels that have been announced here and then abandoned three months later, I'll keep quiet about those for now.

Hey, welcome to the community!

I see you've been helping out on the wiki, great to see another person on there  :thumbupr:

Looking forward to what you have in the works. As you've noticed, yeah, best to post a topic on a project when you have something to show to avoid the "here we go again" replies ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Rock Raiders United!

On 12/9/2018 at 3:05 PM, anowlcalledjosh said:

I'm the maintainer for the Wine AppDB entry for LRR

ooh, nice stuff! Not many of us have toyed around with Wine and LRR at all, so any input (even if that's only "even I can't get it to work" :P) is good stuff!

On 12/9/2018 at 3:05 PM, anowlcalledjosh said:

I've got an LRR-related project or two in the works, but given the number of fan-made remakes and sequels that have been announced here and then abandoned three months later, I'll keep quiet about those for now.

a very wise move :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.