Please help me adjust Lego Rock Raiders.

MaxRideWizardLord

MaxRideWizardLord

Hello there folks, my first ever post so don't be angry if I did something wrong.

Anyway, I've been asked to register here and ask the questions regarding my concerns about Lego Rock Raiders.

I've asked random user on youtube if I can repair vehicles, and I've been told that it's possible only if you modify the game and create certain laser type that does negative damage, thus make it heal anything it hits. Then he said he said this "You can define multiple lasers and tell a vehicle or building to use a certain one. Make a thread on Rock Raiders United since a proper explanation would take too long for YouTube. It's really easy once you unpack the game's files".

I often like to build multiple Mining Lasers to defend myself against rock monsters. I'd like if I could build 5 Mining Lasers and just one of them did use the healing laser; is that possible?

Also, speaking about the worst building in the game - ore refinery. Is it possible to change it so it actually would require 2 ore to build one brick instead of 5? Otherwise, it's just a huge waste of time and resources that only waste even more time and resources; it will consume a whoping 5 ores just to build a single brick to build a single powerpath that originally require just 2 ore, which is just a bulls***. I almost never build it, and the only time I ever build it just to have a full set of buildings just in case, then just disable it's power so it's not functional during the power path buildings.

Now there are some other things that I'd like to change as well, namely - I really hate slugs, and these bastards unkillable which just slow down my game and take way too much time to bother with them. And yet, even when you scare them away, they just keep coming and coming and coming non-stop. I'd like to change my game so I could actually kill them and burry their slug cave on ground, just to permamently make them stop coming, or at least have these electric fence actually damage\kill them so they won't bother you anymore, I wonder if any of it iss possible to make?

Landslides... One of the most annoying aspect about this game. Not only it automatically slows the game down, and damage everything around when that happens, but it also by some magic reason COMPLETELY removes all ores from the rubble. Which is why reinforcing walls is ALWAYS my number 1 in priority and I reinforce every single wall before anything. As we all know, when you dig a cave, you get a rubble out of it and exact 4 pieces of ore in each of rubble. But when a landslide occurs from a digged cave, the rubble of a landslide replaces the one from digged cave, thus no ore left in it. :c Is it possible to make it so the landslide does NOT replace the rubble of digged cave that has 4 ore in it with it's own rubble that has no ore in it? Even if you dig some rubble already a bit (like got 3 ore and one left, so a bit of rubble still left undigged).

Expanding Lava. Probably more annoying than slugs and landslides combined. Is it said that building powerpath prevent lava from expansion, but yet it still somehow breaks powerpath like there wasn't any to begin with and create ground cracks with lava eruption, which cracks ground futher untill it create more lava, which will expand untill everything is sink in to lava. I wonder if it's possible to make so the power path tiles permamently block lava and are immune from breaking through? Rock monsters would still be able to break it, but not the lava itself. For someone like me, who likes to take more slow and tactical approach to the gameplay, this is kinda a big problem for me.

Oh and also, I'm the guy who likes to explore and collect 100% of everything. Once you complete a mission, is it possible to make that you get a option to continue playing once completed a mission instead of automatic teleportation of everything, but then have a button like "complete mission" which will actually finish the game for you and you teleport to the score screen with game beaten?

The random user is me! I'll help get you started.

First, check out this topic and get one of the WAD extraction tools. I am assuming you have the game running on your computer already. Once the files are extracted, you can choose to put them into the Data folder (known as the Data method), or repack them every time you make some changes (the WAD method). Most of us choose to use the Data method since you don't have to repack the WAD files, but tools like Cafeteria make installing mods even easier than that. If you use the Data method, remember to rename or move your WADs somewhere else. Keep them as a backup.

I will address your questions over several posts if some other people don't get to them while I'm asleep. First is the Ore Refinery. Upgrading it fully will cause every two ore to generate one stud. You can see this in the building's entry in the Lego.CFG file, defined by MaxCarry. Each number represents an upgrade level, with the first number being the default. Change the 5 to a 2 and you'll get what you want as soon as you create the building:

OreRefinery {
			Levels				4
			TrackDist			60.0
			ProcessOre			TRUE
			CollHeight			16.0
			CollRadius			15.0
			PickSphere			30.0
			CostOre			20
			CostRefinedOre		4
			CostCrystal			3
			CrystalDrain		1:1:1:1
			DamageCausesCallToArms TRUE
			MaxCarry			5:4:3:2
			EngineSound			SND_BuildingHum

ShowHealthBar		TRUE
		}

Healing lasers are a bit more complex. They are possible, and it's even possible to do exactly what you're asking. We'll look at the Mining Laser's files directly, and I will show you how to turn an upgraded Mining Laser into a healing laser.

First, go to Data\Buildings\Gunstation within your extracted game files (this will make sense once you've extracted your WADs). Open the Gunstation.ae file with Notepad and look for this section:

Upgrades {
		Level0000 {
			Turret			GunPivot_Null,1,BigLazer
		}

Level0001 {
			DTurret			GunPivot_Null,1,BigLazer
		}
	}

These lines define the laser that is mounted onto the building. From left to right, the values are: the animation or model for this upgrade; the mounting point for this object in the animation file; the specific mounting point if two have the same name, and the weapon type. The last one is the one you want. We can ignore the rest for now. Open your Lego.CFG file with Notepad and look for BigLazer under the WeaponTypes { section. You will see this:

BigLazer {
			SlowDeath		1.0:3.0
			DefaultDamage	10.0
			RechargeTime	120.0
			WeaponRange		200.0
			WallDestroyTime_Hard		150.0		; Hard Rock
			WallDestroyTime_Medium		11.0		; Loose Rock
			WallDestroyTime_Loose		7.0		; Dirt
			DischargeRate	0.25

;			Pilot			1.0:0.6:0.3:0.2
		}

The value you want is DefaultDamage. Make it negative and it will heal anything it hits. However, note that BigLazer is used by both the default and the upgraded versions of the Mining Laser. Copy the entire BigLazer entry, including the ending curly brace }, and paste it below the BigLazer entry. Rename this new entry to something like HealLazer and give it a negative DefaultDamage. -25.0 seems to heal about 40-60 health based on all kinds of factors that I've probably forgotten by now.

Go back to Gunstation.ae and change the second BigLazer to HealLazer. It should look like this:

Upgrades {
		Level0000 {
			Turret			GunPivot_Null,1,BigLazer
		}

Level0001 {
			DTurret			GunPivot_Null,1,HealLazer
		}
	}

Save all of these files, then run the game. Compile your WADs if necessary. Now, upgrading a Mining Laser will cause it to heal things, while regular ones damage things.

• Like 2

I've taken the liberty of divvying up your post into bite-sized little lumps.

Hello there folks, my first ever post so don't be angry if I did something wrong.

It's a perfectly fine first post! Welcome to RRU! :light1: 

TL;DR: can lasers heal?

Cirevam explained the healing lasers quite fine, and he also showed you that you can make a Mining Laser only heal when upgraded.

Ore Refinery is a bit ridiculous

you did try upgrading it, right? :P & also Cirevam explained the rest of that

************************ SLUGS ************************

Now there are some other things that I'd like to change as well, namely - I really hate slugs, and these bastards unkillable which just slow down my game and take way too much time to bother with them. And yet, even when you scare them away, they just keep coming and coming and coming non-stop. I'd like to change my game so I could actually kill them and burry their slug cave on ground, just to permamently make them stop coming, or at least have these electric fence actually damage\kill them so they won't bother you anymore, I wonder if any of it iss possible to make?

Now that you've got your data unpacked, this is very easy. Open Lego.cfg Hit Ctrl+F to bring up the Find menu and type Slug in there. Look around until you find this at line 2380 or so:

Slug {
			Levels			1
			RouteSpeed			0.3
			TrackDist			10.0
			CollRadius			3.0
			CollHeight			7.0
			PickSphere			12.0
			AlertRadius			40.0
;			CanBeDriven			TRUE
;			CanScareScorpion		TRUE
			CrossLand			TRUE
			RubbleCoef			0.3
			CanBeShotAt			TRUE
			UseHoles			TRUE
			DrainPower			TRUE
			AttackRadius		280.0
			PainThreshold		50.0

CanBeShotAt			TRUE
			CanLaser			TRUE
			LaserDamage			5.0
			CanPush				TRUE				; Can this object be pusher'ed
			PusherDist			60.0				; Distance the object is pushed
			PusherDamage		5.0					; Damage that the pusher gun causes

ShowHealthBar		TRUE

ScaredByBigBangs	TRUE
		}

Anywhere within those brackets, add this line:

CanBeHitByFence			TRUE

Tada, slugs are now instakilled by fences. Unfortunately they will continue to respawn because DDI did a freaking terrible job with their slug scripts; it essentially makes sure that X amount of slugs are always on the map, where X goes up with crystal count. The easiest way to disable slug spawn is to disable the scripter running in the background, which can be conveniently done with debug keys!

Up near the top of Lego.cfg you should find AllowDebugKeys     FALSE . You want to change that to

AllowDebugKeys 		TRUE

Then load a mission and hit F12. The text "NoNerps" should come up in the top left corner of the screen. Tada, you will never have slugs again! This also will disable the level completion and level fail criteria, as well as messages coming from Chief (which are rare). To enable the Nerps scripter, for instance after you've collected fifty energy crystals, hit F12 again. The "NoNerps" should vanish, the slugs will come back, and with a bit of luck you'll teleport away just in time. :P

Don't forget to save your changes!

************************ ALANDSLIDEHASOCCUREDALANDSLIDEHASOCCURED ************************

Landslides... One of the most annoying aspect about this game. Not only it automatically slows the game down, and damage everything around when that happens, but it also by some magic reason COMPLETELY removes all ores from the rubble. Which is why reinforcing walls is ALWAYS my number 1 in priority and I reinforce every single wall before anything. As we all know, when you dig a cave, you get a rubble out of it and exact 4 pieces of ore in each of rubble. But when a landslide occurs from a digged cave, the rubble of a landslide replaces the one from digged cave, thus no ore left in it. :c Is it possible to make it so the landslide does NOT replace the rubble of digged cave that has 4 ore in it with it's own rubble that has no ore in it? Even if you dig some rubble already a bit (like got 3 ore and one left, so a bit of rubble still left undigged). 

Unfortunately not all of what you're asking is possible. Some bits are.

There are two types of landslides, though you as the player never notice that; landslides which are specified by a map tile (for instance, think those avalanche-heavy caverns in Frozen Frenzy), and random landslides (think Back to Basics). We can disable them both on a per-level basis.

Scroll down through Lego.cfg until you get to the Level section. Find the level you want (best to search by level name; so if I want Frozen Frenzy I'd search for Frozen_Frenzy), and do two things:

To disable random landslides, we need this line:

NoFallins						TRUE

If it was set to FALSE, then change it to TRUE.

Disabling map-specified landslides can be done in a multitude of ways, but the easiest way is to have this in there:

SafeCaverns						TRUE

Again, if it was false, set it to true.

Spoiler

It's been a long time since I poked around with this stuff. I don't think this will also disable monster spawns as well, but there's a chance it might. If it does and you want your monsters back, add a semicolon to the start of the line that begins FallinMap; so turn this:

FallinMap						Levels\GameLevels\Level09\Fall_09.map

into

;FallinMap						Levels\GameLevels\Level09\Fall_09.map

That just tells the game not to look for a landslide map in the first place.

As for landslided rubble giving ore, that's just not possible. :/You may be interested to know that we can make rubble not give ore at all :P leaving your only ore supply as either a) Ore Refinery duplications (build Teleport pad + teleport up teleport pad + rinse and repeat) and the process to do so is reasonably simple, but has been spoiler'd as it's not immediately relevant.

Spoiler

you need to open up a .ptl file under LegoRR0\Levels\GameLevels\LevelXX (where XX is a two digit number), and change the line that says this

ClearComplete				GenerateOre

to this

ClearComplete				Null

but I know you didn't ask for that :P

************************ LAVA ************************

Expanding Lava. Probably more annoying than slugs and landslides combined. Is it said that building powerpath prevent lava from expansion, but yet it still somehow breaks powerpath like there wasn't any to begin with and create ground cracks with lava eruption, which cracks ground futher untill it create more lava, which will expand untill everything is sink in to lava. I wonder if it's possible to make so the power path tiles permamently block lava and are immune from breaking through? Rock monsters would still be able to break it, but not the lava itself. For someone like me, who likes to take more slow and tactical approach to the gameplay, this is kinda a big problem for me.

Nope, nope, and nope :(LRR just won't handle this. :( You can play around with the erosion speed in the Levels section in the .cfg ; the lines you're looking for are

ErodeTriggerTime						120
			ErodeErodeTime							20
			ErodeLockTime							500

or you can entirely disable erosion on the levels that have it by putting a semicolon in front of the line that begins ErodeMap, so turn this:

ErodeMap								Levels\GameLevels\Level10\Erod_10.map

into this:

;ErodeMap								Levels\GameLevels\Level10\Erod_10.map

and you will never have to worry about erosion ever again on that level.

************************ CONTINUE MISSION ************************

Oh and also, I'm the guy who likes to explore and collect 100% of everything. Once you complete a mission, is it possible to make that you get a option to continue playing once completed a mission instead of automatic teleportation of everything, but then have a button like "complete mission" which will actually finish the game for you and you teleport to the score screen with game beaten?

Debug Keys outlined above in the Slug section will do what you want. Hit F12 (before you've collected the required crystals!)  and level completion won't trigger. When you're done, hit F12 to win!

It's not possible to have slugs spawning and continuing a level past a crystal count (well, unless you want to do some level editing yourself, but in that case you may as well just up the crystal count :P )

On this topic, you can see what gives you your Score in the individiual Levels section; you will also notice that Run the Gauntlet requires 40 crystals for a score of 100%, which is entirely impossible (a; the high oxygen depletion rate makes it impossible to build RR HQ using the Loader Dozer to get you some rubble for a Power Path, b; there aren't enough crystals even if you teleport up all the vehicles). But the only reward you get for getting 100% score in every level is a special cutscene, which you can watch if you just put the disk in anyway :P

And lastly, welcome to RRU! You're welcome to go much, much, deeper than this; here's a good starting point should you want to read into it further!

Edited by aidenpons
  • Like 2

MaxRideWizardLord

Wow, happy to see a nice community here!

I'm so, so sorry guys! My Windows XP won't launch at the moment (it's the place where I actually had my LRR installed) so I'm stuck with Windows 7 64 bit, and I can't install the game from a disk because of corruption... I'll have to find game online (I found some .iso already), and then figure out how to install Daemon tools, etc etc etc...

I might come to this thread later on if I manage to set everything to work. But now, let me do quick reply.

Cirevam explained the healing lasers quite fine, and he also showed you that you can make a Mining Laser only heal when upgraded."

Umm, I'd like it the other way around, since the upgraded ones consume less crystals and I won't use it often to heal anyway heh.

you did try upgrading it, right? :P & also Cirevam explained the rest of that

I just looked in the wikipedia and oh, it actually does that!

Wow, I guess I'm a total n00b, hah! I guess I could now exploit it to generate ore out of nothingness itself. I guess I should call it from now on the most useful building rather than most useless. :P

As for landslided rubble giving ore, that's just not possible. :/You may be interested to know that we can make rubble not give ore at all :P leaving your only ore supply as either a) Ore Refinery duplications (build Teleport pad + teleport up teleport pad + rinse and repeat) and the process to do so is reasonably simple, but has been spoiler'd as it's not immediately relevant.

I don't see the need to disable it completely as it will make the game a bit... easy; and since I could now heal my minions AND vehicles with mining laser; yet there exist a way to generate as much ore as you need with exploit of ore refinery, I see no point in worry about landslides anymore. :P

Oh, and there is one sad thing about Lego Rock Raiders is that only a very few missions has rock-type with some huge-ass green gem stuck in the walls that actually can recharge the purple crystals. This is the primary reason I almost never use laser vehicles\stations, unless there IS that rare rock-type wall with some mighty magic gem. Is there any other way to make your minions recharge these crystals? Like, have alternative type of builable ore-refinery to which dummy minions will run to, drop purple crystals in, and get charged ones instead.

Tada, slugs are now instakilled by fences. Unfortunately they will continue to respawn because DDI did a freaking terrible job with their slug scripts; it essentially makes sure that X amount of slugs are always on the map, where X goes up with crystal count. The easiest way to disable slug spawn is to disable the scripter running in the background, which can be conveniently done with debug keys!

Umm, I'd rather completely remove the slug's holes. They are incredible pain in the ass. Although, removing them completely is a bit, well... unfair and kills the whole point of having slugs in game to begin with. Even though I agree that they are super overpowered little pricks, like hundred times more annoying than any type of rock monsters, making them not spawns is a bit of castration of the game and it's features. But oh well, I guess if I place just two fences around their cave which will kill them before they could do anything at all, I guess they become no longer an issue. I just hope they WON'T constantly slow the game down and cause the alarm auto-activated non-stop, that is also one of the most annoying part about them.

Nope, nope, and nope :(LRR just won't handle this. :( You can play around with the erosion speed in the Levels section in the .cfg ; the lines you're looking for are

That's really sad... :( I guess, this is the only type of thing I left to actually worry about... Isn't the power path tiles are meant to be holding back the lava?? Is there a way to at least increase the time of how long the tile can hold the lava before breakdown, to increase it so huge that it would take several milleniums untill it actually happen? But again, removing them completely is not the type of solution I'm looking for; besides without erosion these maps will be completely useless.

Tada, slugs are now instakilled by fences. Unfortunately they will continue to respawn because DDI did a freaking terrible job with their slug scripts; it essentially makes sure that X amount of slugs are always on the map, where X goes up with crystal count. The easiest way to disable slug spawn is to disable the scripter running in the background, which can be conveniently done with debug keys!

Up near the top of Lego.cfg you should find AllowDebugKeys     FALSE . You want to change that to

AllowDebugKeys 		TRUE

Then load a mission and hit F12. The text "NoNerps" should come up in the top left corner of the screen. Tada, you will never have slugs again! This also will disable the level completion and level fail criteria, as well as messages coming from Chief (which are rare). To enable the Nerps scripter, for instance after you've collected fifty energy crystals, hit F12 again. The "NoNerps" should vanish, the slugs will come back, and with a bit of luck you'll teleport away just in time. :P

Hmm, I wonder if it will also disable the rock monsters from spawning. And if so, it's a shame.

You're welcome to go much, much, deeper than this; here's a good starting point should you want to read into it further!

Hmm, not sure if I need anything else of the moding, aside from extra building and vehicles.

By the way, I know this person has first person, but is it possible to implement first person shooter in to it? I.e. the controlable minion can actually shoot his plasma rifle by where I aim at by clicking left mouse button????? That's the one thing I sure love to have.

3 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

I'd like it the other way around, since the upgraded ones consume less crystals and I won't use it often to heal anyway heh.

Swap the position of BigLazer and HealLazer in Gunstation.ae. All you're doing is changing which upgrade level has the heal lazer. You can additionally change the HealLazer so it doesn't use any crystals when firing. In the Lego.CFG file, go to your HealLazer entry and change DischargeRate to 0. Now it doesn't use any crystals. If you're clever, you'll do this for all lazers, so you can use them in every level without permanently losing crystals...

is it possible to implement first person shooter in to it?

Nope, that's impossible without some serious hacks. Many things in this game are "hard coded," which means we can't change them through normal modding. Minifigure behaviors and other AI routines are generally hard coded. Recharging drained energy crystals is one of these routines.

[on using NoNerps to disable slugs]

Hmm, I wonder if it will also disable the rock monsters from spawning. And if so, it's a shame.

With the exception of Don't Panic, no. This is because the monster emerges in every other map are handled via the Emrg.map, which points a specific trigger block to a specific emerge block, so that Rock Monster in Frozen Frenzy always spawns when you run right past that wall, the monster in Rocky Horror will emerge if you walk over a very specific tile, and so on...

If you're designing levels, which it seems like you have no intent to (we'll convert you yet! :P ), this can actually be quite a pain as getting vast hordes of monsters to show up all at once (as really a single monster even with nerfed hand lasers is atrocious)  is not really very feasible with this setup; you either have one monster or too many monsters. However there are fancy script commands with accompanying walls of text of documentation that you can use to get monsters to emerge based on all sorts of fun things (you could have monsters spawn from every wall tile when you build a Dock, for instance :P) This is the system Don't Panic uses, and hence disabling the NERPs scripter in Don't Panic will also disable those monsters; but for every other map, monsters will appear as normal.

Umm, I'd like it the other way around, since the upgraded ones consume less crystals and I won't use it often to heal anyway heh.

As Cirevam pointed out, just set all laser costs to 0.

20 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Umm, I'd rather completely remove the slug's holes. They are incredible pain in the ass. Although, removing them completely is a bit, well... unfair and kills the whole point of having slugs in game to begin with. Even though I agree that they are super overpowered little pricks, like hundred times more annoying than any type of rock monsters, making them not spawns is a bit of castration of the game and it's features. But oh well, I guess if I place just two fences around their cave which will kill them before they could do anything at all, I guess they become no longer an issue. I just hope they WON'T constantly slow the game down and cause the alarm auto-activated non-stop, that is also one of the most annoying part about them.

F12 for NoNerps will have no side effects on the vast majority of levels (it will have no effect on all the levels that contain slugs IIRC), and that will mean no slugs ever again.

You can take out the slug holes in the level files, but doing so is a reasonably tedious-ish process as you will have to fish up Dugg.map for every level, edit, save, get rid of all the slug holes... a quicker way is to enable debug keys.

And yes, DDI did a terrible job with their slug script; 'tis quite atrocious.

20 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

That's really sad... :( I guess, this is the only type of thing I left to actually worry about... Isn't the power path tiles are meant to be holding back the lava?? Is there a way to at least increase the time of how long the tile can hold the lava before breakdown, to increase it so huge that it would take several milleniums untill it actually happen? But again, removing them completely is not the type of solution I'm looking for; besides without erosion these maps will be completely useless.

Alas, that is the only solution really known to us. :/ You can lower the speed of erosion, or get rid of it entirely, and that's... about it.

There will be something in the .exe itself that defines the power path bonus, but because it'd be in the .exe (as it isn't anywhere else; we've checked!) it's basically impossible to find.

Oh, and there is one sad thing about Lego Rock Raiders is that only a very few missions has rock-type with some huge-ass green gem stuck in the walls that actually can recharge the purple crystals. This is the primary reason I almost never use laser vehicles\stations, unless there IS that rare rock-type wall with some mighty magic gem. Is there any other way to make your minions recharge these crystals? Like, have alternative type of builable ore-refinery to which dummy minions will run to, drop purple crystals in, and get charged ones instead.

Again, there's nothing like that you're asking. What can be done:

- editing the level files to put a Recharge Seam next to your base as opposed to half a mile away (*cough* Rocky Horror *cough*)

- making all lasers cost no crystals to fire

Most of our LRR modifications come down to mechanic abuse (buildings that move), stat tweaks (slugs die from fences), and level editing. There's.... not much more that we can do. Adding something like this:

By the way, I know this person has first person, but is it possible to implement first person shooter in to it? I.e. the controlable minion can actually shoot his plasma rifle by where I aim at by clicking left mouse button????? That's the one thing I sure love to have.

is so outright fiendishly absurd you'll have better luck implementing it in an LRR remake :P

I'm so, so sorry guys! My Windows XP won't launch at the moment (it's the place where I actually had my

LRR installed) so I'm stuck with Windows 7 64 bit, and I can't install the game from a disk because of corruption... I'll have to find game online (I found some .iso already), and then figure out how to install Daemon tools, etc etc etc...

A) How about this, if the disk will work?

B) You might be able to physically move the hard drive to a computer that works and get the files off them that way

C) This usually gets LRR working on modern Windows OSes providing that your LegoRR.icd file is 0 kB in size (if it actually has a file size it indicates you have SafeDisc which.... well, seeing as you have an XP machine it's usually easier to resurrect an XP machine)

Wow, happy to see a nice community here!

I know; it's the reason I stick around. :thumbup: RRU is my happy place, and nobody minds if I hide away in a corner or flood the activity feed with posts :P I hope you stick around!

MaxRideWizardLord

If you're clever, you'll do this for all lazers, so you can use them in every level without permanently losing crystals...

As Cirevam pointed out, just set all laser costs to 0.

So I guess, this is what vast majority of LRR community already set it to?

Don't feel like removing it completely, since this would make these already extremely rare "Recharge Seam " rather absolutely useless. Although I like to use laser from time to time, or all the time if I have enough crystals and these "Recharge Seams " are present in the map.

Maybe I'll do it after another full completion of the game, for second time. :P

With the exception of Don't Panic, no. This is because the monster emerges in every other map are handled via the Emrg.map, which points a specific trigger block to a specific emerge block, so that Rock Monster in Frozen Frenzy always spawns when you run right past that wall, the monster in Rocky Horror will emerge if you walk over a very specific tile, and so on...

If you're designing levels, which it seems like you have no intent to (we'll convert you yet! :P ), this can actually be quite a pain as getting vast hordes of monsters to show up all at once (as really a single monster even with nerfed hand lasers is atrocious)  is not really very feasible with this setup; you either have one monster or too many monsters. However there are fancy script commands with accompanying walls of text of documentation that you can use to get monsters to emerge based on all sorts of fun things (you could have monsters spawn from every wall tile when you build a Dock, for instance :P) This is the system Don't Panic uses, and hence disabling the NERPs scripter in Don't Panic will also disable those monsters; but for every other map, monsters will appear as normal.

So you're saying it's possible to create map where rock monsters coming up even from unbreakable solid walls all the time non-stop after you proceed to do something?

F12 for NoNerps will have no side effects on the vast majority of levels (it will have no effect on all the levels that contain slugs IIRC), and that will mean no slugs ever again.

You can take out the slug holes in the level files, but doing so is a reasonably tedious-ish process as you will have to fish up Dugg.map for every level, edit, save, get rid of all the slug holes... a quicker way is to enable debug keys.

And yes, DDI did a terrible job with their slug script; 'tis quite atrocious.

Eh, not exactly what I was trying to say... What I meant, is that if rock raiders could have ability to like, say, build a powerpath tile over their disgusting slug caves, thus completely sealing them forever and ever. Or put two ores over these caves and permamently burry their holes to no reparation, just like you put two ores over lava eurpted areas to remove eruption. Oh heck, even have an extra building that you could place over these holes that automatically shoot laser cannon at them, then use big saws to rip their guts appart, then use a incremation flamethrower to absolutely physically remove them from existance, over and over, every single time these otherwordly demonic monstrocity abonimations come to surface.

Removing their holes or slugs completely is an unpleasant extreme, and I don't feel like castrating a game from it's one of the most memorable and iconic feature. Not sure if slugs were actually exist in physical lego sets, but stiill, they are somewhat a face of lego raiders at one point, and THE ONLY foe besides rock monsters (bats and spiders do not count). But I want to correct my question once more - can I place electric fence on TWO sides of slug cave, thus instantly killing them the exact moment as they appear, infinite amount of time? Though I will be forced to build huge ass chain of lightning fences all across the map just to deal with slugs, but still better than having these assbags around and be unable to do anything about them.

Alas, that is the only solution really known to us. :/ You can lower the speed of erosion, or get rid of it entirely, and that's... about it.

There will be something in the .exe itself that defines the power path bonus, but because it'd be in the .exe (as it isn't anywhere else; we've checked!) it's basically impossible to find.

So it's impossible to hack .exe??? This kinda game makes no sense... Any other solution you know to prevent erosion from happening other than completely remove it from the game?

Again, there's nothing like that you're asking. What can be done:

- editing the level files to put a Recharge Seam next to your base as opposed to half a mile away (*cough* Rocky Horror *cough*)

- making all lasers cost no crystals to fire

Most of our LRR modifications come down to mechanic abuse (buildings that move), stat tweaks (slugs die from fences), and level editing. There's.... not much more that we can do. Adding something like this:

is so outright fiendishly absurd you'll have better luck implementing it in an LRR remake :P

B-b-but... I saw some mod called Baz's mod... and it have something outright fiendishly absurd as EXTRA vehicle for large vehicles, a whole huge butt new helicopter that can actually drag small vehicles and toss them around. It's almsot like a whole new thing was mounted in! :S

By the way, is there any LRR remake by any chance? I saw some Cave Raider, but I had bug where I couldn't have any tool selected. It did start to work however after second installation for some odd reason.

A) How about this, if the disk will work?

B) You might be able to physically move the hard drive to a computer that works and get the files off them that way

C) This usually gets LRR working on modern Windows OSes providing that your LegoRR.icd file is 0 kB in size (if it actually has a file size it indicates you have SafeDisc which.... well, seeing as you have an XP machine it's usually easier to resurrect an XP machine)

The disk just doesn't seem to work, seems to be corrupted.

However, some guy provided several .isos, some of which of the russian build (btw I'm russian). Although it is said that I can't install daemon tool because it demands me to update my some windows guardian or some garbage, and if I do that I'm afraid I won't be able to play on my windows ever again.

Is there any other alternatives to Daemon Tools, or you maybe know where I can download a hacked version of daemon tool that doesn't care about any windows guardians?

The "resurrection of XP" may take months for now, and it's in the same computer just different hard disks.

9 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Is there any other alternatives to Daemon Tools

Try PowerISO. http://www.poweriso.com/

Where are you downloading Daemon Tools? I've never seen any Windows guardian thing. I use Daemon Tools Lite, which is the free version. Apparently it has ads now... maybe that thing you're seeing is an ad. https://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite

I use version 4.49 and it has no ads. Try an older version of the latest one still gives you problems: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/daemon-tools/

By the way, is there any LRR remake by any chance?

No one has ever completed a remake, even though there are several impressive ones in progress.

B-b-but... I saw some mod called Baz's mod... and it have something outright fiendishly absurd as EXTRA vehicle for large vehicles, a whole huge butt new helicopter that can actually drag small vehicles and toss them around. It's almsot like a whole new thing was mounted in! :S

That vehicle is the Tunnel Transport, and it already existed in the game. You can see it at the end of Frozen Frenzy. Some users here re-enabled it so we could use it anywhere, and Baz added it to his mod. Only I have ever created brand new vehicles, but I am still limited by the game: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/gallery/album/60-time-dump/

So it's impossible to hack .exe?

No, but distributing those hacks is difficult because we have to abide by copyright laws. We know things like IPS patches exist, but it's been a grey area on this forum for a long time. Cyrem is working on a series of EXE hacks that fix a lot of problems in the game, but it's not done yet.

What t, is that if rock raiders could have ability to like, say, build a powerpath tile over their disgusting slug caves, thus completely sealing them forever and ever.

Unfortunately, that's impossible. We also can't make huge saws to rip and tear their guts, but it would be nice. I don't think slugs have a proper death animation, but if they did... maybe I'll try this one day.

can I place electric fence on TWO sides of slug cave, thus instantly killing them the exact moment as they appear, infinite amount of time?

This should work! You won't need to build a huge chain of fences. Put a Power Station nearby and build the fences from that.

MaxRideWizardLord

Try PowerISO. http://www.poweriso.com/

Where are you downloading Daemon Tools? I've never seen any Windows guardian thing. I use Daemon Tools Lite, which is the free version. Apparently it has ads now... maybe that thing you're seeing is an ad. https://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite

I use version 4.49 and it has no ads. Try an older version of the latest one still gives you problems: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/daemon-tools/

I've actually tried to install latest version of Daemon Tools Lite, and when I tried to install this garbage, it just give me error that it won't install anything for me because I haven't "update windows guardian" or something like that, so it gave me a big fat f**** you. Any other versions of daemon tools request activation code that I unfortunatelly don't have, nor I have any desire to buy their trashy product. However, I enter the link you gave me (http://www.oldversion.com/windows/daemon-tools/), but I couldn't find 4.49 version as you told me. However, I did download 4.46 version and it did work!

It took me extra hours to run around with these damn .mds; then the game couldn't launch at all so I tried aidenpons dude's solution and it did work too. Although, the guy who gave me this .mds file said there is actually soundtrack included in the game, although no music is playing. How do I actually activate the music\soundtrack in the game?

That vehicle is the Tunnel Transport, and it already existed in the game. You can see it at the end of Frozen Frenzy. Some users here re-enabled it so we could use it anywhere, and Baz added it to his mod. Only I have ever created brand new vehicles, but I am still limited by the game: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/gallery/album/60-time-dump/

isn't to just have an extra button in the building menu would require a huge process of hacking and whatnot?? What else there are mods that adds EXTRA buildings and vehicles in to the game, and by adding extra I mean adding extra to the ones that are already in and not change the ones that are already in.

No, but distributing those hacks is difficult because we have to abide by copyright laws. We know things like IPS patches exist, but it's been a grey area on this forum for a long time. Cyrem is working on a series of EXE hacks that fix a lot of problems in the game, but it's not done yet.

Who would really trully care about copyright trumpery of a almost 20 years old buggy glitchy game that won't even work for most people's pc? O_o And, it's not like people can post hacks anonymously on internet without getting in a trouble.

So you're saying it's possible to create map where rock monsters coming up even from unbreakable solid walls all the time non-stop after you proceed to do something?

Not unbreakable Solid Rock but rather unbreakable Recharge Seams, yes. This would be possible. And a bad idea as it tends to lag the game out. :P

Eh, not exactly what I was trying to say... What I meant, is that if rock raiders could have ability to like, say, build a powerpath tile over their disgusting slug caves, thus completely sealing them forever and ever. Or put two ores over these caves and permamently burry their holes to no reparation, just like you put two ores over lava eurpted areas to remove eruption. Oh heck, even have an extra building that you could place over these holes that automatically shoot laser cannon at them, then use big saws to rip their guts appart, then use a incremation flamethrower to absolutely physically remove them from existance, over and over, every single time these otherwordly demonic monstrocity abonimations come to surface.

nope nope nope nope nope
alas you overestimate modding capabilities :(

Removing their holes or slugs completely is an unpleasant extreme, and I don't feel like castrating a game from it's one of the most memorable and iconic feature. Not sure if slugs were actually exist in physical lego sets, but stiill, they are somewhat a face of lego raiders at one point, and THE ONLY foe besides rock monsters (bats and spiders do not count). But I want to correct my question once more - can I place electric fence on TWO sides of slug cave, thus instantly killing them the exact moment as they appear, infinite amount of time? Though I will be forced to build huge ass chain of lightning fences all across the map just to deal with slugs, but still better than having these assbags around and be unable to do anything about them.

Nope nope nope nope yes, if you make those modifications slugs will be one-shotted by fences, HOWEVER fences have an (un-modify-able?) cooldown so you'll need a LOT of fence layers.

So it's impossible to hack .exe??? This kinda game makes no sense... Any other solution you know to prevent erosion from happening other than completely remove it from the game?

It is possible, but not possible to distribute your hacks, and most of us have no clue how to do it. :P
And no, else I'd have mentioned it :P

B-b-but... I saw some mod called Baz's mod... and it have something outright fiendishly absurd as EXTRA vehicle for large vehicles, a whole huge butt new helicopter that can actually drag small vehicles and toss them around. It's almsot like a whole new thing was mounted in! :S

A, that's already in the game, B, it's so unstable you can either:
- have all raiders not in vehicles dissappear off the map
- crash the game

see this for more general LRR buggery :P

Although, the guy who gave me this .mds file said there is actually soundtrack included in the game, although no music is playing. How do I actually activate the music\soundtrack in the game?

I am not one with the mastery of this kind of stuff but throwing this in an internet browser is probably your best bet.

I do know that the reason no music is playing is because if you put the LRR cd in your car's speakers it may start playing the music because one half of the disc is a Data disk and the other half is an Audio disk; as you can imagine this can cause problems, there's a good reason why these days CDs are one or the other.

isn't to just have an extra button in the building menu would require a huge process of hacking and whatnot?? What else there are mods that adds EXTRA buildings and vehicles in to the game, and by adding extra I mean adding extra to the ones that are already in and not change the ones that are already in.

No. New vehicles up to... uh... seven? are fine. The game is clever enough to automatically adjust the amount of buttons you need. (I think it stops at seven because the graphics run out at seven :P )
The game is not clever enough to prevent crashes and has a whole bunch of stupid things it does. Like adding new buildings. That's impossible. Vehicles, raiders, and monsters on the other hand... :P

Who would really trully care about copyright trumpery of a almost 20 years old buggy glitchy game that won't ev en work for most people's pc?

Us. Welcome to RRU. :P

On 12/6/2018 at 2:59 PM, Cirevam said:

I don't think slugs have a proper death animation, but if they did... maybe I'll try this one day.

Nah, their "dig down in hole" is under the Crumble section of the .ae, which is what you'd use for a monster death anyway. This can be seen if you murder them with a mining laser.

3 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Who would really trully care about copyright trumpery of a almost 20 years old buggy glitchy game that won't ev en work for most people's pc?

Us. Welcome to RRU. :P

It's a little more complicated than that. The fact is, we can't mistake TLG's current state of 'no action' with 'not caring'. Fact is all companies, specifically, those dealing with the protection of IP and the like, do care to some degree. However, their priority will be directed to more recent IP than that of old IP. Every now and then companies do flex their arms on old IP when it's suitable for them, Nintendo being a recent example. We do not wish to deliberately provoke the beast and would like this community to continue into the future. Plus some TLG employees have recommended this forum for game support, we'd rather keep a positive relationship if at all possible.

3 hours ago, aidenpons said:

nope nope nope nope nope
alas you overestimate modding capabilities :(

Actually, this might be possible... to a degree.

MaxRideWizardLord

Nope nope nope nope yes, if you make those modifications slugs will be one-shotted by fences, HOWEVER fences have an (un-modify-able?) cooldown so you'll need a LOT of fence layers.

wtf, so even if I make fence actually kill these assbags, the fence won't kill the next slug that is about to spawn? So how exactly should I make fence so slugs no longer a threat to me?

It is possible, but not possible to distribute your hacks, and most of us have no clue how to do it. :P

It's a little more complicated than that. The fact is, we can't mistake TLG's current state of 'no action' with 'not caring'. Fact is all companies, specifically, those dealing with the protection of IP and the like, do care to some degree. However, their priority will be directed to more recent IP than that of old IP. Every now and then companies do flex their arms on old IP when it's suitable for them, Nintendo being a recent example. We do not wish to deliberately provoke the beast and would like this community to continue into the future. Plus some TLG employees have recommended this forum for game support, we'd rather keep a positive relationship if at all possible.

Isn't there is a thing called "dark web"? Besides, most people openly share their torrents and feel no shame, and yet we are just talking about MOD of an buggy, glitchy, unstable game that is no longer supported and can't even work on 99% of people's pc; maybe have some separate website where you could upload, destribute and even have support community to help you with these hax that RRU can link to? Doomworld is a famous doom community that existed since 90's, yet it's also a place where most people download the iwads and the games itself, since it used to link to different sources including wad archieves.

A, that's already in the game, B, it's so unstable you can either:
- have all raiders not in vehicles dissappear off the map
- crash the game

see this for more general LRR buggery

So you say, you supposed to have this verhicle in the original game, but in the release version it was cut? I saw it's model in that one level yes, but I thought it's just a non-interactable cosmetic. In the Baz's mod, however, noy only it function, but also has it's unique specific code, which makes it function as normal helicopter scout but also capable to grab small vehicles along with it. But if it's the Baz who coded all this, can we have vehicle that shoots healing lasers, while still have vehicle that shoots damaging lasers?

I am not one with the mastery of this kind of stuff but throwing this in an internet browser is probably your best bet.

I do know that the reason no music is playing is because if you put the LRR cd in your car's speakers it may start playing the music because one half of the disc is a Data disk and the other half is an Audio disk; as you can imagine this can cause problems, there's a good reason why these days CDs are one or the other.

Why this non-sense heresy is present? Why would PC read the disk as game, but some mp3 player read the disk as the audio?? Why not just keep the soundtrack in the game that play music during playing actual game; isn't that's what soundtracks supposed to be? Anyway, some person in youtube share all the Lego Rock Raiders copies he could find, his name is Jessietail (not sure if any of you is familiar with that person) and when I tried to launch the .mdl that he recommend to me with Daemons Tools; it gave me option - install the game or listen to the soundtrack lists that consist total of 3 soundtracks. I'd rather listen to these 3 soundtracks in the game though.

So was it intended, or the developers messed up and somehow "accidently" cut out all of the soundtracks in the game? I mean, even in the game options there is music volume lever, which makes no difference since there is no "music" in the game. I haven't tested it yet, does the music lever just increase the volume of ambient background random environmental sounds for extra atmosphere or I'm missing something?

Speaking about Jessietail's copy of a game that he recommend me to get: I've already experienced a few bugs\glitches and two crashes already; one at the completion of mission and the other the game just froze and crash when I was digging cave with chrome chrusher, literally for no reason. However, I've just now enter to the Frozen Frenzy and there serious bugs\glitches\issues that did really bother me, and they come in a whole bundle\pack of issues. First, for literally no reason all of my laser shooting devices (mining lasers, small laser truck, large laser truck, chrome chrusher) did NOT waste crystals at all (first time see this bug), even though I had tool store still intact and working; NOTE, I didn't had my game files modified or anything. Second, when I tried to build something, my minions refused to take materials and finish the construction, even if I manually click each of individual minion and click at either ore\block or crystal at tool store. Third, I tried to build electric fence, but stupid minions refused to do it and stayed idle for long period of time; the only way to fix it is was to find a new location where I can put electric fence, THEN they put the electric fence to the spot I highlighted EARLIES. TL;DR in order to make my minions put electric fence in all of the place I wanted is to find a place where I can, but don't want put electric fence there, and demand them to put it there, knowing they will not do that so they put electric fence in a place that I demand them to put previously.

And Forth... This is quite horrendous glitch that I got at the end of Frozen Frenzy. What happened is, depsite me having crapton of green unused crystals, about 80% of all of my buildings were lacking electricity, thus as result my oxygen start rapidly going low. I tried to disable the power of the buildings that STILL had power on, but that didn't help as none of my buildings get powered when I did that. I tried to teleport a few of buildings and minions, assuiming maybe it was issue because I had too many minions and buildings in the game, thus the game hit it's limit and glithed out. Didn't help either. I panicked and had no other choice but to complete the mission before even explore all of the map... :(

This was quite unpleasant glitch to to experience. Does anyone familiar with these issues and how to avoid these in future?? Or could it be the issue with my version of the game because the of .mdl file itself, as maybe it was corrupted too?? Oh and extra question, how many minions (what is the limit) can you teleport to surface in this game with crapton of support stations?

Here is the .isos and .mdls that jessietail gave me - Link removed: Cirevam

Irrelevant question. Since I didn't knew that ore refinery can be this useful, and even abused to doublecate infinite amount of ore. I start to wonder, is there a way to get some extra\doublecated (or even infinite) of crystals too? :P Unhacked way please, but abusing the game's poor deisgn is okay for me. I'd like to know some more exploits :P

Edited by Cirevam
Link to game ISOs

On 12/8/2018 at 2:36 PM, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Isn't there is a thing called "dark web"? Besides, most people openly share their torrents and feel no shame, and yet we are just talking about MOD of an buggy, glitchy, unstable game that is no longer supported and can't even work on 99% of people's pc; maybe have some separate website where you could upload, destribute and even have support community to help you with these hax that RRU can link to? Doomworld is a famous doom community that existed since 90's, yet it's also a place where most people download the iwads and the games itself, since it used to link to different sources including wad archieves.

Aside from the fact that what you're suggesting is overall of very dubious legality, you do realise that if any of us can access a theoretical dark web download site, TLG could do just the same? And why would we want to expose the primary demography for these kinds of games, younger kids, to a potentially dangerous section of the internet?

DOOM was originally shareware, and since its 1993 release, has had a number of open-source releases from the developers. That said, id/ZeniMax could easily enforce their legal entitlements at any time; they choose not to because it's of no consequence to them right now, but that doesn't mean they blanket won't ever.

The law is the law, and we are looking to keep our relations with TLG as polished as possible. This kind of action could potentially cause all kinds of dramas.

On 12/8/2018 at 2:36 PM, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Why this non-sense heresy is present? Why would PC read the disk as game, but some mp3 player read the disk as the audio?? Why not just keep the soundtrack in the game that play music during playing actual game; isn't that's what soundtracks supposed to be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_(optical_disc)

Optical Discs, including CD, DVD and Blu-Ray discs, can be burned with multiple tracks. This makes sense; you have different songs (called "tracks") on a normal audio CD. Now, there are different types of tracks, including Audio, Video, and Data. For the LegoRR CD, the developers and/or the authoring company (the publishers responsible for producing and printing the final CDs) put most of the game's content into a Data track, but then put all of the music into audio tracks. This allows the music to be listened to in a stereo player, as well as be usable in-game. Theoretically, for a copy without any CD requirements, you could burn your own audio CD, and have that music play while you're playing the game.

Someone else with more experience with the mechanics and bugs of LegoRR will need to pitch in with explanations for everything else.

MaxRideWizardLord

Aside from the fact that what you're suggesting is overall of very dubious legality, you do realise that if any of us can access a theoretical dark web download site, TLG could do just the same? And why would we want to expose the primary demography for these kinds of games, younger kids, to a potentially dangerous section of the internet?

DOOM was originally shareware, and since its 1993 release, has had a number of open-source releases from the developers. That said, id/ZeniMax could easily enforce their legal entitlements at any time; they choose not to because it's of no consequence to them right now, but that doesn't mean they blanket won't ever.

The law is the law, and we are looking to keep our relations with TLG as polished as possible. This kind of action could potentially cause all kinds of dramas.

Well... I think we hit the cultural differences barrier then. I guess it's more matters of which country you're from in which you happen to have more rabid restrictions related to anything associated with "intellectual property". Although if the website was published, say, in Sweeden, they wouldn't care about distribution of any software programm as they seem to have least, or almost non-existant laws regarding the IP, especially related to a very long forgotten video game. Though I find it really weird, even according to "IP laws", that you can share the .WADs of the game, but can't share the .exe, since .exe is just a small part of the game and won't run without all other files, especially .WADs. Although, all I wanted to do is just a help with my suggestion, since the guy said\asked "but not possible to distribute your hacks, and most of us have no clue how to do it."

Although the "younger kids" statement is a bit farfetched imho. I have a very hard time believe that modern day kids are actually willing to play 20 years old buggy, unstable, glitchy game that never had a single patch with basic fixes since it's release, let alone be capable to install it on their computers, LET alone have CD-rom in their PCs (I remember that to play the original game, you must still have disk inserted in to your computer's CD-rom in order to play it, even though you installed the game).

I view it more as hardcore diehard fans of LRR that are glad to help each other in the community to realize whatever crazy extravagant fetishes in to reality to keep the love for this game even after 20 years straight.

EDIT1:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_(optical_disc)

Optical Discs, including CD, DVD and Blu-Ray discs, can be burned with multiple tracks. This makes sense; you have different songs (called "tracks") on a normal audio CD. Now, there are different types of tracks, including Audio, Video, and Data. For the LegoRR CD, the developers and/or the authoring company (the publishers responsible for producing and printing the final CDs) put most of the game's content into a Data track, but then put all of the music into audio tracks. This allows the music to be listened to in a stereo player, as well as be usable in-game. Theoretically, for a copy without any CD requirements, you could burn your own audio CD, and have that music play while you're playing the game.

Well... I guess buying video game PC disks just to play them in your portable CD player was a thing back then, or cars stereo (if you even happen to own a car). Although IMHO it would make much more sense if these tracks actually played in the game itself. :P

Is there a way to mod in the soundtrack from the CD in to the installed game itself? Just so I won't have to burn a physical CD and put it all the time in my PC when I want to play the game just to listen to these the one and only 3 pieces of musics.

EDIT2:

Well, did the wad extractor thing and created a few of tweaks. Namely, non-upgraded mining laser does heal now, electric fence kills slugs, no lasers consume crystals now. Now out of "small tweaks" I only looking for if it's possible to extend the range of all lasers and if it's possible to prevent lava from eruption if you build the powerpath around your base or around the lava itself. Used the "WAD method" because I REALLY don't want to mess up the data folder anytime in future, knowing my very bad luck.

The bad news is... I seem to discover the obnoxious bug that pretty much dispower your entire base and make all your crystals unused for no known reason. Happened on many mission levels. No way to fix it that I found, nor any methods to prevent it from happening... It SEEM to accur because you build "too many" power paths, I think somewhere at 15-25 is where it's going to happen and break all the fun for you. I've already been looking for report about this bug, but found none. I've posted more about it in another thread which you can see there - 

(on slugs)

wtf, so even if I make fence actually kill these assbags, the fence won't kill the next slug that is about to spawn? So how exactly should I make fence so slugs no longer a threat to me?

Fence spaaaaaaaaam should do the trick, loads and loads of layers.
Or F12 for disabling Nerps. Not quite sure why you're so resistant to that :S

<paragraph about the Tunnel Transport>

Lemme break this up:

So you say, you supposed to have this verhicle in the original game, but in the release version it was cut?

It was cut, yes, due to being totally unfinished. Chances are the devs also stumbled upon the dump-vehicle-into-tool-store-crash-the-game and just axed it. Or entirely ran out of time. Or both; an LRR developer came over to these forums and said they worked right up until the deadline.

I saw it's model in that one level yes, but I thought it's just a non-interactable cosmetic.

A neaaaarly interactable cosmetic. Just needs a few tweaks...

In the Baz's mod, however, noy only it function, but also has it's unique specific code, which makes it function as normal helicopter scout but also capable to grab small vehicles along with it.

You act like this is unique. Have you never used the Cargo Carrier? You must have used that in at least Fire and Water, or simply teleported it down to see what it does. The code for small vehicles is functional... well, most of the time. Aside from when it crashes the game.

But if it's the Baz who coded all this,

firstly, a) it was Addictgamer who found it out :P (link: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/50-tunnel-transport/)
and b) , no it wasn't :P

can we have vehicle that shoots healing lasers, while still have vehicle that shoots damaging lasers?

:S uh what are you asking?
list of things that are possible:
- laser heals units
- laser damage units
- laser damages units, upgrades (via building upgrades OR vehicle upgrades) to a healing laser (or vice versa)
- laser heals units whilst damaging others (eg monsters)
If you want the last idea you'll have to poke around in WeaponTypes and write things like
LavaMonster 100.0
Pilot -100.0
Just copy the syntax there; this allows you to set individual damage values for each thing rather than use DefaultDamage.

(on game audio)

or I'm missing something?

yes, you are missing something as McJobless explained :P

I've already experienced a few bugs\glitches and two crashes already; one at the completion of mission and the other the game just froze and crash when I was digging cave with chrome chrusher, literally for no reason.

why are you so surprised?

serious bugs\glitches\issues that did really bother me, and they come in a whole bundle\pack of issues

still puzzled as to why you're surprised... even in my childhood I remember that LRR was not a massively stable game... it was made in 1999 when Lego Media though that setting immovable deadlines for games was a good idea... sniff what could have been if LRR had another month

First, for literally no re ason all of my laser shooting devices (mining lasers, small laser truck, large laser truck, chrome chrusher) did NOT waste crystals at all (first time see this bug), even though I had tool store still intact and working;

never heard of crystals failing to drain providing you had a Tool Store; that's strange.... very strange... heard of laser beams draining all crystals but that's because their DischargeRate isn't explicitly specified, and failing to drain.... oh well, can't complain about a useful bug :P

Second, when I tried to build something, my minions refused to take materials and finish the construction, even if I manually click each of individual minion and click at either ore\block or crystal at tool store.

this: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/8016-idleness-syndrome-what-is-the-root-cause/

for more information read the giant walls of text provided to you by RRUser and a developer alike

Third, I tried to build electric fence, but stupid minions refused to do it and stayed idle for long period of time; the only way to fix it is was to find a new location where I can put electric fence, THEN they put the electric fence to the spot I highlighted EARLIES

Always, always, always, ALWAYS occurs when the placement of an electric fence is interrupted by anything (other orders / Action Stations / slip on spider / scared). Solution: Don't let electric fences be interrupted :P Debug Key J may also put a fence at the spot you want.

This is quite horrendous glitch that I got at the end of Frozen Frenzy. What happened is, depsite me having crapton of green unused crystals, about 80% of all of my buildings were lacking electricity, thus as result my oxygen start rapidly going low.

Nicknamed a "Power Surge" and to prevent it, don't build too many Power Paths. If you want Docks powered in the middle of nowhere it's best to just build another Power Station.

Does anyone familiar with these issues and how to avoid these in future??

Familiar with most of them and also familiar with how to avoid them.

Issue #1: Never heard of this, but I can't complain if laser vehicles are actually useful :P
Issue #2: Idleness Syndrome. By far the best solution is a prevention-based idea which means you restrict yourself to 20, maybe 30, raiders and pick up EVERY LAST bit of ore on the map. Removing ore generation via ptl files (that was in a spoiler in this topic somewhere faaaaar above) can also help with this.
Issue #3: Always happens if fence placement is interrupted. Make sure the path to fences is clear and if possible use a Small Transport Truck (STT) to bring the fence itself, as that avoids slip and scare hazards (though can be hit by a RM)
Issue #4: Happens if you build too many power paths. Cause and cure entirely unknown, but can be prevented by not building a massive LRR HQ and being sensible with your power path placement.

Oh and extra question, how many minions (what is the limit) can you teleport to surface in this game with ****ton of support stations?

Infinite. Of course, that's assuming the game doesn't crash first.... or cause them all to bug out as per issue #2. I don't trust the game with more than 40.

Here is the .isos and .mdls that jessietail gave me - Link removed: Cirevam

:P Cirevam may not have posted in this topic but he is watching... a guardian of peace and justice throughout the galaxy

Irrelevant question. Since I didn't knew that ore refinery can be this useful, and even abused to doublecate infinite amount of ore. I start to wonder, is there a way to get some extra\doublecated (or even infinite) of crystals too?

:P Unhacked way please, but abusing the game's poor deisgn is okay for me. I'd like to know some more exploits :P

No, it's impossible to duplicate crystals with an unmodded game. However, you can duplicate crystals with a modded game. Excusing NPL (script) shenanigans that just feed you crystals / generate crystals endlessly, you can:
- damage any seam once, then drill a wall next to the seam; that wall will give you resources but stay up (unfortunately there is no wall next to a seam that contains crystals in vanilla LRR)
- abuse Debug Key A and quickly switch between hovering over walls to generate crystals (at least one wall must contain a crystal)

Well... I think we hit the cultural differences barrier then. I guess it's more matters of which country you're from ...... <wall of text continues>

When in RRU, do as the RRUers do. ;)

tbh that's the least salty reaction I can give you, I can give you plenty more salt should that be what you desire (is that what's in RR's sandwiches? mixed with C4 as Noghiri proposed, I think that explains most of their stupidity)

<rant about LRR not running on Win10>

and.... uh... your point.... is? it's fiendish to get to run and it's a hilariously outdated game, soooo.... why the wall of text?

heck, even if we did allow random downloads of LRR, we still wouldn't have an immediately playable game; legal or illegal, it's still fiendish to get to run (fortunately we have nice guides for that, thank you Cyrem!)

Well... I guess buying video game PC disks just to play them in your portable CD player was a thing back then, or cars stereo (if you even happen to own a car).

My Medieval II: Total War DVD says on it "Do not put this DVD in your stereo," so evidently it was a thing :P

Is there a way to mod in the soundtrack from the CD in to the installed game itself? Just so I won't have to burn a physical CD and put it all the time in my PC when I want to play the game just to listen to these the one and only 3 pieces of musics.

not into the game itself.... or you could just download the files, boot up something like VLC Media Player, and drag-n-drop and play them on repeat? or even just keep the music open in a minimised browser window?

I only looking for if it's possible to extend the range of all lasers

did you even look at the files around WeaponTypes? there is LITERALLY A LINE THAT SAYS WEAPONRANGE XXXX.X RIGHT NEXT TO THEM .....

BigLazer {
			DefaultDamage	10.0
			RechargeTime	120.0
			WeaponRange		200.0					; <--------- LOOKY LOOKY LOOKY LOOKY
			WallDestroyTime_Hard		150.0	
			WallDestroyTime_Medium		11.0	
			WallDestroyTime_Loose		7.0		
			DischargeRate	0.25					; you must have edited this one

}

>.>

and before you ask how long this actually translates to; check line 3 of the cfg, pleeeeeease

and if it's possible to prevent lava from eruption if you build the powerpath around your base or around the lava itself.

Why do you ask the same thing? You've asked this twice now.... no, it's not possible with what we know. All we can do with erosion is slow it down or disable it, nothing more we can do... had I more to say I would have said it in what was already quite a large wall of text from the beginning.

<power path glitch>

already replied to that some decent time above

Oh, and.... try to keep the saltiness to a minimum. It doesn't help.

Edited by aidenpons
fixed some formatting issues caused with Notepad

17 hours ago, aidenpons said:

not into the game itself.... or you could just download the files, boot up something like VLC Media Player, and drag-n-drop and play them on repeat? or even just keep the music open in a minimised browser window? 

Cyrem had me test a utility that will force an unmodded game to play music files from a folder. It worked, so he uploaded a guide. Try this:

As for why the CD plays audio when inserted into a CD player... this was extremely common in the '90s, and I think it first started because early CPUs may not have had enough power to both process CD-quality audio and do other things at the same time. Some CD drives from the era had a small cable that plugged directly into the sound card, which meant you could bypass the CPU entirely. The CD drive would treat the disc as an audio disc (Redbook format, usually) when necessary, which meant the audio had to be on separate tracks that were compatible with other music players. I actually remember this being an issue with one of my computers around 1995. Regular sound effects would work in some games, but the music didn't play. Later my dad fixed it by plugging a second set of speakers into the headphone jack of the CD player. We had to have both sets of speakers on to hear both music and sound effects. I still have a computer with this sort of cable connected to the CD drive.

MaxRideWizardLord
On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 4:05 AM, aidenpons said:

(on slugs)

Fence spaaaaaaaaam should do the trick, loads and loads of layers.

Are you entirely sure that I can spawn electric fences as much as I want, without any fear of risk of the game getting bug out, crash, glitch or happen similar issue I had with "too many" power path tiles?? I'm not even entirely sure why power path tiles cause so much unfortunate outcome of the game, even if I didn't placed too many of these to begin with, just around base.

Speaking about electric fence, there is some weird bug I found. When small transport truck pick up electric fence off Tool Store and moves to the places where i ask to put electric fences, sometimes it sumulates the drop of electric fence and drop it on another spot, thus creating an mysterious tile with invisible ghost electric fence. Basically, there is no electric fence on that one tile, but game acts like there IS electric fence as the lightnings still occurs in that spot along with spinning glowing yellow lamp between that ghost electric fence and another actual electric fence\building, yet I couldn't place any more electric fence right in that spot anymore unfortuantelly, and I neither can continue the chain of electric fence of that ghost electric fence tile because while game act like there is electric fence, the game also think that there is no electric fence. How exactly do I fix it when this thing occurs, or at least prevent it from happening?

Or F12 for disabling Nerps. Not quite sure why you're so resistant to that :S

Because then the game will completely erase 50% of all the enemies that are present in this whole video game, since the only antagonists in this game are rock monsters and slugs.

Along with it, doing something like it will completely remove the ONLY threat and feature of challenge in the maps that actually present slugs. D: 

<paragraph about the Tunnel Transport>

Lemme break this up:

So you say, you supposed to have this verhicle in the original game, but in the release version it was cut?

It was cut, yes, due to being totally unfinished. Chances are the devs also stumbled upon the dump-vehicle-into-tool-store-crash-the-game and just axed it. Or entirely ran out of time. Or both; an LRR developer came over to these forums and said they worked right up until the deadline.

I saw it's model in that one level yes, but I thought it's just a non-interactable cosmetic.

A neaaaarly interactable cosmetic. Just needs a few tweaks...

Is there a way to add such vehicle to the game without downloading any more files by the way?

In the Baz's mod, however, noy only it function, but also has it's unique specific code, which makes it function as normal helicopter scout but also capable to grab small vehicles along with it.

You act like this is unique. Have you never used the Cargo Carrier? You must have used that in at least Fire and Water, or simply teleported it down to see what it does. The code for small vehicles is functional... well, most of the time. Aside from when it crashes the game.

Cargo Carrier can't be placed over lava. Neither can fly over ground to bypass several layers of water and earth. :P

can we have vehicle that shoots healing lasers, while still have vehicle that shoots damaging lasers?

:S uh what are you asking?
list of things that are possible:
- laser heals units
- laser damage units
- laser damages units, upgrades (via building upgrades OR vehicle upgrades) to a healing laser (or vice versa)
- laser heals units whilst damaging others (eg monsters)
If you want the last idea you'll have to poke around in WeaponTypes and write things like
LavaMonster 100.0
Pilot -100.0
Just copy the syntax there; this allows you to set individual damage values for each thing rather than use DefaultDamage.

You said that I can add new selectable vehicles to the game without editing the old vehicles to make them be able to do new stuff, up to 7 selectable vehicles limit. What if I want to add a vehicle that looks like Small Mobile Laser Cutter, act like Small Mobile Laser Cutter and cost like Small Mobile Laser Cutter?? The only difference, is that this version of Small Mobile Laser Cutter could actually heal things with laser, and you still being able to spawn normal Small Mobile Laser Cutter that damages stuff with laser.

Speaking about the healing laser that Cirevam told me todo. There is a few things about it. When I hit vehicle or building with it, the amount of HP of said building\vehicle goes beyond 100, and the more I hit them with healing laser, the overheal goes higher and higher and the hp seems to stay for good. I also notice it heals RR minions, but minions only have visual health bar and they do not have any indicator that shows their actual hp that they have, so I have feeling that the laser as well overheals my minions too, althogh I'm not certain. However, when I accidently hit the power path tile with healing laser, it completely destroy it with just one shot, so it seems still damage the power path tiles.

Did I do something wrong, or it's a bug that cannot be fixed? Both overheal and damaging power path floor.

I've already experienced a few bugs\glitches and two crashes already; one at the completion of mission and the other the game just froze and crash when I was digging cave with chrome chrusher, literally for no reason.

why are you so surprised?

serious bugs\glitches\issues that did really bother me, and they come in a whole bundle\pack of issues

still puzzled as to why you're surprised... even in my childhood I remember that LRR was not a massively stable game... it was made in 1999 when Lego Media though that setting immovable deadlines for games was a good idea... sniff what could have been if LRR had another month

I don't recall them being THAT many, esoecially a crash on an empty spot for no reason especially. Besides, I had hope that all the guides on how to make the game work on "modern" PCs with all these third party programms like voodoo and whatnot, actually prevent game from crashes at least. :P Anyway, I was just curious if the game I got isn't broken or damaged, and if any other guys have experience exact same issues as I do.

Second, when I tried to build something, my minions refused to take materials and finish the construction, even if I manually click each of individual minion and click at either ore\block or crystal at tool store.

this: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/8016-idleness-syndrome-what-is-the-root-cause/

for more information read the giant walls of text provided to you by RRUser and a developer alike

I've read a big portion of it, but it's description doesn't seem to represent the thing that I was experiencing. Basically, when I want to build something, the minions just refuset o pick up the last material off the tool store of pick up an excesse material off the construction tiles which blocks the building to spawn on earth. Even if I have literally no other tasks for these minions to do, not even rubble around a sinlge piece of ore, they just refuse to pick that ore or crystals, even if it's just last one piece, and move where I need it do be moved. Besides, most of the time when this issue happens, I usually have no more than 10-20, mostly just around 14 minions at that time.

In that thread it said that it doesn't affect vehicles at all, HOWEVER it did affect the vehicles in my case, since I both couldn't get small transport truck to pickup neither resources off the tool store, or grab the excesse building material off the construction tiles, EVEN when I attempted to manually to force them to pick it up and they just run over there and did nothing. Same applies to electric fence. I did mess around with it for a while and no actual improvments.

However, the only solution to fix that I found is by following these steps:

1) Find new space where you can teleport new tool store, or build new by destroying some of the other buildings if there is literally no other space left where you can teleport new tool store.
2) Teleport on earth NEW Tool Store on a NEW space

3) Teleport in space OLD Tool Store from OLD space

4) Demand minions to pick up stuff that is left from same spot wher the OLD tool store was teleported, now they actually listen

5) Teleport in space NEW Tool Store from NEW space

6) Teleport on earth NEWER Tool Store on OLD space like it originally was.

This is the only solution I found so far.

Nicknamed a "Power Surge" and to prevent it, don't build too many Power Paths. If you want Docks powered in the middle of nowhere it's best to just build another Power Station.

This is the worst thing to experience. I need some more accurate information regarding this issue if possible, please.

What is the power path tile limit number, after which this issue may occur?

How to prevent this from happening, especially when you absolutely want power path tiles in certain spots?

If I place a crapton of power path tiles and they all won't be connected with the HQ or any Power Station, or have their own Power Station without any other building, just so they would only glow in a beautiful blue ambient color, would that also prevent the bug from happening?

If this issue still happened anyway, how do I actually fix it so I alleast get powered up support station, and then the rest of buildings?

Infinite. Of course, that's assuming the game doesn't crash first.... or cause them all to bug out as per issue #2. I don't trust the game with more than 40.

There are rare cases when I have 30-40 or more minions, and when I have this many, I usually have it for a very good reason to perform certain tasks that has no risk of damage or cause of lag. Ironically though, the times when I summon 50 or more minions and I abuse infinite ore generation with new learned trick of ore refinery, and I force my minions to build 10 teleport pads continiously (teleporting teleport pads every time they are build and then immediatelly place a new construction tiles for new one) they all did work just fine and collectively, yet they often bug out when I have just 10-20 minions at best. So I guess nobody has tested with 60 and above minions to see how well they would work and behave?

Well... I think we hit the cultural differences barrier then. I guess it's more matters of which country you're from ...... <wall of text continues>

When in RRU, do as the RRUers do. ;)

Not entirely sure how it's related to different cultural perception of the IP but alright.

<rant about LRR not running on Win10>

and.... uh... your point.... is? it's fiendish to get to run and it's a hilariously outdated game, soooo.... why the wall of text?

heck, even if we did allow random downloads of LRR, we still wouldn't have an immediately playable game; legal or illegal, it's still fiendish to get to run (fortunately we have nice guides for that, thank you Cyrem!)

Never did I ever even mention Win10. Even on my XP it couldn't run and I was forced to use some tricks of virtual machine to make it to work, that is absolutely out of point. I don't even get what you're ranting about.

All I said is that the "younger kids that do legal internet activities" statement is very, VERY far-fetched, and my reasoning is very well justified.

Justi magine this scenario - you're 11 years old dude, never heard about LRR, then one day browsing youtube you found a video showcasing LRR gameplay and be like "WOW COOL DIS GAEM LOOKS AWSUM!!! despite it's very outdated, looking buggy, unstable and crash often lol", next thing you would do, like average middle class spoiled kid of first world country, try to look up in steam shop. "aww, there is none :c", then checks origin "none of it here either :<", browse every single video game shop in your town "the world hates me ; ;". Then checks ebay "OMG a rare vintage collection disk, just for 900$? Absolutely want!", and soon after you realize you have no CD-rom to play the game, "oh well, back to ebay! Let me buy that one CD-rom for my laptop for another 300$ and wait a month untill it's delivered, all just to play this one particular game that is totally worth all of it". Then spend hours browsing internet just to figure out how to launch your legally purchased disk, just to have "WWWOOOOWWW so much better than any top down strategic games ever, beats any of command & conquer ever existed. Worth every penny i pay for it, regardless the fact that I crash after every second mission".

How many "younger kids" are trully willing to do all of this? I doubt there is that many of them, but that is just my logical subjective reasoning.

The only possible reason why this website exist in first case, from my own subjective point of view, is for people who already did know about this game from childhood and have\had it along with them, since it's already impossible to get it "legal" way in borth retail or virtual copy in modern day no matter how you try, unless for overpriced markup.

Ummm... I'd rather use Cyrem's method for now. :P

I only looking for if it's possible to extend the range of all lasers

did you even look at the files around WeaponTypes? there is LITERALLY A LINE THAT SAYS WEAPONRANGE XXXX.X RIGHT NEXT TO THEM .....

BigLazer {
			DefaultDamage	10.0
			RechargeTime	120.0
			WeaponRange		200.0					; <--------- LOOKY LOOKY LOOKY LOOKY
			WallDestroyTime_Hard		150.0	
			WallDestroyTime_Medium		11.0	
			WallDestroyTime_Loose		7.0		
			DischargeRate	0.25					; you must have edited this one

}

>.>

and before you ask how long this actually translates to; check line 3 of the cfg, pleeeeeease

And how do I suppose to know that if you did not tell me? I've just did what you and the other folks told me to do. I usually do not tend to read a programmer files with codes of size equal of whole LOTR trilogy written in foreign for me language that isn't that easy for me to translate to begin with, even if the needed information is luckily by mere accident appear somewhere in the beginning.

Besides, that is not enough of information for it, as I'm not sure if the visual lenght of laser is equal of lenght of laser's hitbox. I have feeling that the laser itself is just a 3D model placed in the game and cannot be extended via codes, nor represent actual lenght of laser reach hitbox\hitscan. I'm neither know if I can just put 9999999999999999999999999999 and launch the game without instant crash or intense lag when I shoot the laser.

I bet that the 200 number here is a for reason, and the only logical reason I can think of is that any longer range would simply bug out, lag out or crash the game. Shortening laser lenght just for "balance" purpose, of weapon\feature that is already close to useless, does small damage, real pain to just create and consumed crystals just for using it, sound like non-sense to me.

I'd like to know what kinda range other folks put for this laser who felts like these devices are seriously underpowered, and what result they got by increasing the laser lenght too much.

and if it's possible to prevent lava from eruption if you build the powerpath around your base or around the lava itself.

Why do you ask the same thing? You've asked this twice now.... no, it's not possible with what we know. All we can do with erosion is slow it down or disable it, nothing more we can do... had I more to say I would have said it in what was already quite a large wall of text from the beginning.

Eh, I just want to believe that one day we could actually "hack" the .exe and shamelessly share these "hacks" with each other. Besides, I'd like to get more infromation regarding the slowdown the timer of erosion and if we can increase the bonus if not by power path tile but by something else.

Oh, and.... try to keep the saltiness to a minimum. It doesn't help.

Wasn't even salty in the slightest when I wrote my comments. However, I'm incredible salty now after this ultimate torture device just to edit and post my message. Took me THREE times in a row just to actually edit it and finally post my final message without accidently, somehow, everything getting erased.

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 9:39 PM, Cirevam said:

Cyrem had me test a utility that will force an unmodded game to play music files from a folder. It worked, so he uploaded a guide. Try this:

Tested it and it did work. Thanks! The only issue I have is that the music plays just once, then stops.

(plz edit this post in to previous post. Idk how to do it, tried everything and it end up just erasing everything I wrote again... It's driving me mad ; ; )

I'm not going to quote everything since these posts are getting quite large now, but I'll try to answer some of the other questions you asked.

I don't think we have any hard numbers on what causes a power surge. Many of the problems you're facing are happening because you're either playing too quickly or too "big". Minions get confused when there are too many things on the map. If you drill too quickly and there's too much ore around, they will be more likely to get Idleness Syndrome. This may also happen if you have too many minions. If you have too many power paths, you are at risk of having a power surge. You may not like this answer, but try only building power paths where your minions run the most and try to collect as many crystals and ore as you can before doing too much drilling. I don't know why you're having more problems with fewer minions. That's strange.

You can't add a new vehicle to the game without downloading new files or creating new ones yourself. If you wanted to create a clone of the Small Mobile Laser Cutter that heals, you need to make a copy of its folder (Data\Vehicles\SMLP), rename the folder and the SMLP.ae file to something else, then create new entries in the CFG for this new vehicle's name, sound file, and basic parameters. Then you need to edit the new vehicle's AE file to use the healing laser. The worst part is that you have to make sure everything is perfect, or the game will not load at all. It's actually frustrating for me, but it can be done. It's easier if all you're doing is copying and pasting.

I once tried making a Cargo Carrier that moved over water and land, but it kept trying to put the vehicle it carried into the Tool Store (this crashes the game). It didn't always do that, but it happened enough that it made me wonder if the developers removed the Tunnel Transport because it tried to do the same thing. It's just broken. Lots of things in this game are broken, and the only explanation is "DDI made it that way." Many of your questions can be answered with "it's broken and we can't fix it."

The game does not check to see if a laser does damage when it shoots a power path. Any laser, no matter what, will destroy a power path. It's a bug but it probably can't be fixed unless we change how the game handles power paths (probably very difficult).

Laser range can be increased to large values, but it gets buggy if it's too high. I think it goes through walls if the value is too large. I have personally increased laser range and found something funny. If you set it to around 1000, then move far enough away from the building or vehicle and shoot, the laser effect will disappear but the laser is still there and still hits things. This makes sense because the vehicle or building stops being rendered when you're far away, and the laser effect is probably a model tied to the vehicle/building, like you said. If the vehicle/building disappears, so does the laser. By the way, you can divide the range by 40 in order to get the number of blocks or tiles that the laser will reach. Each tile on the ground has a length and width of 40 units, so you can convert it to blocks in your head. This works for other values as well.

And about the language barrier... your English is really good. You don't make mistakes that I've seen other people make. I would not have realized you didn't speak it as a first language unless you mentioned it. I ask everyone on RRU to please be a bit more kind as we have plenty of international users on this forum. If something doesn't make sense, just ask us to explain it in a different way. If someone acts like they don't understand what you said, try to explain it with slightly different words.

TL;DR

It's just broken. Lots of things in this game are broken, and the only explanation is "DDI made it that way." Many of your questions can be answered with "it's broken and we can't fix it."

A very good summary thanks to Cirevam.

Are you entirely sure that I can spawn electric fences as much as I want, without any fear of risk of the game getting bug out, crash, glitch or happen similar issue I had with "too many" power path tiles??

I've never had shenanigans with electric fence spam, so yes.

Speaking about electric fence, there is some weird bug I found. When small transport truck pick up electric fence off Tool Store and moves to the places where i ask to put electric fences, sometimes it sumulates the drop of electric fence and drop it on another spot, thus creating an mysterious tile with invisible ghost electric fence.

I've seen that a couple of times, but it usually works fine. To finish your electric fence chain,

Because then the game will completely erase 50% of all the enemies that are present in this whole video game, since the only antagonists in this game are rock monsters and slugs.

Along with it, doing something like it will completely remove the ONLY threat and feature of challenge in the maps that actually present slugs. D:

In which case you'll need your own NPL scripts. You can either have DDI slugs or no slugs unless you want to write your own slug scripts.
https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/8310-tutorial-everything-about-lrr-level-scripting/

Cargo Carrier can't be placed over lava. Neither can fly over ground to bypass several layers of water and earth. :P

Just add these two lines then
CrossLava        TRUE
CrossLand        TRUE
Tada, it will now fly :P You can also fiddle with the dependencies and whatnot to make it not require a Docks.

Speaking about the healing laser that Cirevam told me todo. There is a few things about it. When I hit vehicle or building with it, the amount of HP of said building\vehicle goes beyond 100, and the more I hit them with healing laser, the overheal goes higher and higher and the hp seems to stay for good. I also notice it heals RR minions, but minions only have visual health bar and they do not have any indicator that shows their actual hp that they have, so I have feeling that the laser as well overheals my minions too, althogh I'm not certain. However, when I accidently hit the power path tile with healing laser, it completely destroy it with just one shot, so it seems still damage the power path tiles.

Yup, yup, yup, and nothing we can do about it. The health bar only goes up to 100, and overhealing can only be noticed by hovering-over (an over-healed LRR also does funny things when eating sandwiches automatically, as if it has 500 HP it will have to eat 500/25 => 20 sandwiches before heading back to work, as a sandwich heals 25 hunger and LRRs always eat to their max HP pool)

I had hope that all the guides on how to make the game work on "modern" PCs with all these third party programms like voodoo and whatnot, actually prevent game from crashes at least.

Alas, you're wrong. :P

Anyway, I was just curious if the game I got isn't broken or damaged, and if any other guys have experience exact same issues as I do.

Standard LRR...

I've read a big portion of it, but it's description doesn't seem to represent the thing that I was experiencing. Basically, when I want to build something, the minions just refuset o pick up the last material off the tool st ore of pick up an excesse material off the construction tiles which blocks the building to spawn on earth. Even if I have literally no other tasks for these minions to do, not even rubble around a sinlge piece of ore, they just refuse to pick that ore or crystals, even if it's just last one piece, and move where I need it do be moved. Besides, most of the time w hen this issue happens, I usually have no more than 10-20, mostly just around 14 minions at that time.

Oh, okay, that's something different. I've found LRRs will only pick up extra material on building sites if all the other resources have been laid down; so if somebody is still carrying ore to the site they won't pick it up. I also get decent results if (once that has happened) I tell my raiders to pick up the extra resources there.
However, it appears your vehicles and raiders have nothing else to do.... that's.... strange....

This is the worst thing to experience. I need some more accurate information regarding this issue if possible, please.

Alas it has unknown triggers, unknown conditions, and an unknown cure; I've tried to get my Support Stations back online and they just won't.

So I guess nobody has tested with 60 and above minions to see how well they would work and behave?

Hmm, I think it's more the randomess of 'Idleness Syndrome.' Sometimes it'll trigger, sometimes it won't.

And how do I suppose to know that if you did not tell me

Sorry, I was being salty and projected that onto you. My apologies!

Besides, that is not enough of information for it, as I'm not sure if the visual lenght of laser is equal of lenght of laser's hitbox. I have feeling that the laser itself is just a 3D model placed in the game and cannot be extended via codes, nor represent actual lenght of laser reach hitbox\hitscan. I'm neither know if I can just put 9999999999999999999999999999 and launch the game without instant crash or intense lag when I shoot the laser.

And that is why you experiment!
The range starts bugging at high values and will no longer hit walls (some of the time) at roughly ranges of 600 or above, so generally keep below that.

I bet that the 200 number here is a for reason, and the only logical reason I can think of is that any longer range would simply bug out, lag out or crash the game. Shortening laser lenght just for "balance" purpose, of weapon\feature that is already close to useless, does small damage, real pain to just create and consumed crystals just for using it, sound like non-sense to me.

I bet the contrary; that the devs rushed the game to get it done and one of the things they didn't have any time to do was make lasers useful. SlowDeath does absolutely nothing, as you note they're entirely useless, most levels don't even have a Recharge Seam... they feel unfinished to me.

As for what range I like, 400 is usually a good amount; ten tiles.

• 2 weeks later...
MaxRideWizardLord
On 12/13/2018 at 8:25 AM, aidenpons said:

I've seen that a couple of times, but it usually works fine. To finish your electric fence chain,

this happens on random, even if I use car(stt), and I can't seem continue to electric fence chain since the game thinks there is no electric fence, yet it still shoots lightinigs there.

Oh, okay, that's something different. I've found LRRs will only pick up extra material on building sites if all the other resources have been laid down; so if somebody is still carrying ore to the site they won't pick it up. I also get decent results if (once that has happened) I tell my raiders to pick up the extra resources there.
However, it appears your vehicles and raiders have nothing else to do.... that's.... strange....

Yeah, yet it happens often. In fact, my usual playstyle is mostly to showel everything up, dig everything up, enforce all walls around in case of something, then I can process new task like dig new hole or build something new. Never everything at once to prevent things like that. Yet it still occusrs and that kinda upsets. Unfortunatelly, sometimes even when I point out to pick resources of the tool store itself or pick the extras from the building pad, they just run to it, do nothing, run back. Usually the only way to fix it is to teleport tool store away then teleport tool store again, or to destroy the building pad and try again.

Alas it has unknown triggers, unknown conditions, and an unknown cure; I've tried to get my Support Stations back online and they just won't.

I'd really love if someone have some investigation done to this process, at least approximetelly. It seem to happen on random, even if I don't have much of power tiles. I'd like to know some emergency tactics if this happens too, like If I can destroy some bases and force minions to build new power path tile to power station, and build new support stations connected to that one tile of this power station. Or if I can build power station somewhere far far away and 2-3 support stations tightly connected to it without any powerpath tiles to begin with, so in case this bs occurs, I'd at least have my emergency station working and producing oxygen.

And that is why you experiment!
The range starts bugging at high values and will no longer hit walls (some of the time) at roughly ranges of 600 or above, so generally keep below that.

I think 700 work fine, I'd recommend it.

Extra question. I also expand the damage of lasers like 5 times for each, but it still does same pathetic damage to the walls and grounds. How exactly do I extend it's damage so it actually destroys dirt wall in 1 shot, soft rock in 2 shots, and hard rock in 3 shots? I'd might make it so the upgraded large mobile laser truck destroys pretty much any (destroyeble) wall in one shot, though.

Oh and before I forget. Happy xmas\yule\soltice or whatever everyone. :P

Oh! There was something I'm forgetting! This! Of course, you'll need to unpack your WAD files but I'm pretty sure you've already done that (this topic is very long... :P)
In essence, you're telling LRR it can use a little more of your computer's resources, which should alleviate your symptoms. Just chuck two zeros or something on the end of the number that follows TextureUsage.

10 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

This happens on random, even if I use car(stt), and I can't seem continue to electric fence chain since the game thinks there is no electric fence, yet it still shoots lightinigs there

:S you can attempt to build around, or you can just be conservative with your fences; the less stuff you have on the map, the lower chance of something stupid happening :P

10 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Yeah, yet it happens often. In fact, my usual playstyle is mostly to showel everything up, dig everything up, enforce all walls around in case of something, then I can process new task like dig new hole or build something new. Never everything at once to prevent things like that. Yet it still occusrs and that kinda upsets. Unfortunatelly, sometimes even when I point out to pick resources of the tool store itself or pick the extras from the building pad, they just run to it, do nothing, run back. Usually the only way to fix it is to teleport tool store away then teleport tool store again, or to destroy the building pad and try again.

Now that's being very silly indeed. :S

I'd really love if someone have some investigation done to this process, at least approximetelly. It seem to happen on random, even if I don't have much of power tiles. I'd like to know some emergency tactics if this happens too, like If I can destroy some bases and force minions to build new power path tile to power station, and build new support stations connected to that one tile of this power station. Or if I can build power station somewhere far far away and 2-3 support stations tightly connected to it without any powerpath tiles to begin with, so in case this bs occurs, I'd at least have my emergency station working and producing oxygen.

It's extremely rare, which doesn't really help; and as you will have worked out a solution doesn't really exist. But I think the Texture Usage mod should help there.

Extra question. I also expand the damage of lasers like 5 times for each, but it still does same pathetic damage to the walls and grounds. How exactly do I extend it's damage so it actually destroys dirt wall in 1 shot, soft rock in 2 shots, and hard rock in 3 shots? I'd might make it so the upgraded large mobile laser truck destroys pretty much any (destroyeble) wall in one shot, though.

Lasers are really silly in that they have their default damage, their damage to specific targets, and their damage to wall types. You can have a laser that one-shots any monster yet takes 9999 hits to knock down Dirt. Similarilly, you can have a lazer than instantly smashes multiple tiles of dirt (buggily; the tiles must have been 'revealed' in the first place) but deals 1 damage a hit to anything.

The lines you're now looking for are in WeaponTypes and look like:

WallDestroyTime_Hard		12.0
WallDestroyTime_Medium		10.0
WallDestroyTime_Loose		6.0

(these are modded values, don't go looking for them explicitly)

IIRC, this is the number of laser hits it will take to knock down a wall. So that laser (which was mounted on my modded Chrome Crusher) will take 12 hits to knock down Hard Rock, 10 hits to knock down Loose Rock, and 6 hits to knock down Dirt  (I think... it's been a long time since I poked around with these values...) there's also something about Seams hanging around their somewhere ( WallDestroyTime_Seam , I think)

Those seem like a lot of hits but I modded my Chrome Crusher laser to fire  five times every two seconds, so it's okay :P and the CC's laser is the worst of the bunch :P

And Merry Christmas to you too! Whatever you did on that day, I hope it was fun!

• 5 weeks later...
MaxRideWizardLord
On 12/28/2018 at 12:55 PM, aidenpons said:

Oh! There was something I'm forgetting! This! Of course, you'll need to unpack your WAD files but I'm pretty sure you've already done that (this topic is very long... :P)
In essence, you're telling LRR it can use a little more of your computer's resources, which should alleviate your symptoms. Just chuck two zeros or something on the end of the number that follows TextureUsage.

Unfortunatelly this didn't help much... Unless I've done something wrong. How many exact zeros should I add afterwards?

:S you can attempt to build around, or you can just be conservative with your fences; the less stuff you have on the map, the lower chance of something stupid happening :P

Fences is not something I put out often. Yet this issue happens more than I wish it did. I even end up restarting the whole game all over again in a hope that small transport truck won't screw things up again. I even teleport all non-vehicle minions when I do place fences.

Now that's being very silly indeed. :S

Could it be that my game is somehow damaged or bugged out?

It's extremely rare, which doesn't really help; and as you will have worked out a solution doesn't really exist. But I think the Texture Usage mod should help there.

It's not rare for me. It happens very often and currently it's the most pissing off bug that bothers me the most now. I'd like to find runarounds with it, or at least find way to fix things up if this crap broke again. Like, is there a way to like, disable air loss if something like this happens?? I might try to rebuild whole base from scatch in a hope that new power path tiles won't screw things up, or perhaps build support stations RIGHT next to power stations without using any tiles for emergency purposes.

In fact, I even try to conserve as much space as possible! Speaking by putting bases close to just few tiles. Look how tight my base there is:

9EE59AA8E557EF912AB524131A32A3196F1CD36E (1280Ã1024)

It was a bit hard to build, but barely anything even using tiles. As with how tight this area is in lava laughter mission, with even more space where I can't build anything as they are aren't flat, I pretty much managed to build everything aside from water port for obvious reason and up to 5 support stations. I could build one more support station but then I would cut the shortcut pathway to lava and ore refinery. I decided to take down 3 support stations afterwards and build 3 upgraded laster station. Then decided to build up to 5 more support station (up to 7 total) on west-north part of map (as you can see the unpowered path is going). Note that the non-upgraded station is healing one. :P But even then, this annoying bug with power path tiles still often happens. :( 

Lasers are really silly in that they have their default damage, their damage to specific targets, and their damage to wall types. You can have a laser that one-shots any monster yet takes 9999 hits to knock down Dirt. Similarilly, you can have a lazer than instantly smashes multiple tiles of dirt (buggily; the tiles must have been 'revealed' in the first place) but deals 1 damage a hit to anything.

The lines you're now looking for are in WeaponTypes and look like:

WallDestroyTime_Hard		12.0
WallDestroyTime_Medium		10.0
WallDestroyTime_Loose		6.0

(these are modded values, don't go looking for them explicitly)

IIRC, this is the number of laser hits it will take to knock down a wall. So that laser (which was mounted on my modded Chrome Crusher) will take 12 hits to knock down Hard Rock, 10 hits to knock down Loose Rock, and 6 hits to knock down Dirt  (I think... it's been a long time since I poked around with these values...) there's also something about Seams hanging around their somewhere ( WallDestroyTime_Seam , I think)

Those seem like a lot of hits but I modded my Chrome Crusher laser to fire  five times every two seconds, so it's okay :P and the CC's laser is the worst of the bunch :P

So if I want to make my small mobile laser vehicle to destroy dirt in 1 hit, loose rock 2 hit, but hard rock in 3 hit and ore\crystal seam in 4 hit (each hit new item); and the heavy mobile laser vehicle destroy dirt\loose in 1 hit, hard rock in 2 hit and ore\crystal seam in 2 hit, YET the upgraded heavy mobile laster vehicle would destroy ANYTHING in one hit, including the seams, what exactly should I do?

Unrelated question. My game crash on the last training mission when defending your base. Everytime I place the sonic bomb and it's activates, it 100% crash my game. No matter what I tried to run around it, the game always crash at this part. Ironically the game doesn't crash when I place sonic blaster on rest of maps; although I haven't tested it on slugs yet. How do I fix it so I can finally complete the training missions? Did I somehow messed up the slug code? I want my game to have 100% of all completed missions.

[on TextureUsage] Unfortunatelly this didn't help much... Unless I've done something wrong. How many exact zeros should I add afterwards?

I have two extra zeros and found no problem. It's not going to stop the game crashing overnight, it just might help out with some things.

Fences is not something I put out often. Yet this issue happens more than I wish it did. I even end up restarting the whole game all over again in a hope that small transport truck won't screw things up again. I even teleport all non-vehicle minions when I do place fences.

Wow, that's really common; my electric fences typically bug out one in twenty or so, which is easily enough to replace it; and the bugging is due to slipping on spider / being smacked by monster / Action Stations / something I can point to. I have no clue what's going on with yours D:

Could it be

that my game is somehow damaged or bugged out? 

Unlikely, given that we don't seem to know of any glitchy copies. But perhaps plausible. Did you install LRR from disc or somewhere else? If it's the disc, the disc could have been scratched which might have caused some issues. But I suppose it's possible.

It's not rare for me. It happens very often and currently it's the 

most pissing off bug that bothers me the most now. I'd like to find runarounds with it, or at least find way to fix things up if this crap broke again.

:/

ow, it's nowhere near that rare for me (happened about twice in all my years, both times I was building waaaay too many power paths, ~100). It might also be to the number of unpowered power paths, but it sounds like you're getting something really silly going on.

Like, is there a way to like, disable air loss if something like this happens??

Normally I'd say "Hit F12 for NoNerps" but curiously the game is coded to fail you regardless of Nerps or not if the oxygen level reaches 0...

... Wait a minute, debug key END might do what we're doing. That forces a building to toggle its power state (eg you can depower a Tool Store using this key). You should thus be able to repower your Support Stations (and other buildings) despite no power paths or anything to them.

So if I want to make my small mobile laser vehicle to destroy dirt in 1 hit, loose rock 2 hit, but hard rock in 3 hit and ore\crystal seam in 4 hit (each hit new item); and the heavy mobile laser vehicle destroy dirt\loose in 1 hit, hard rock in 2 hit and ore\crystal seam in 2 hit, YET the upgraded heavy mobile laster vehicle would destroy ANYTHING in one hit, including the seams, what exactly should I do?

Firstly, play around and see what works!

Secondly, what I'd think you'd need is something a little like this:

Whatever_Laser_Is_On_The_Small_Mobile_Laser_Cutter_I_Cant_Remember {

WallDestroyTime_Seam 4.0

WallDestroyTime_Hard 3.0

WallDestroyTime_Medium 2.0

WallDestroyTime_Loose 1.0

(other lines of code)

}

Whatever_Is_On_The_Large_Mobile_Laser_Cutter {

WallDestroyTime_Seam 1.0

WallDestroyTime_Hard 1.0

WallDestroyTime_Medium 1.0

}

(you might want to try 2.0 instead of 1.0, as there are two lasers when fully upgraded (though it's reasonably easy to change that, lemme know if you want to as you'll probably have to poke in .ae files for that)

Unrelated question. My game crash on the last training mission when defending your base. Everytime I place the sonic bomb and it's activates, it 100% crash my game. No matter what I tried to run around it, the game always crash at this part. Ironically the game doesn't crash when I place sonic blaster on rest of maps; although I haven't tested it on slugs yet. How do I fix it so I can finally complete the training missions? Did I somehow messed up the slug code? I want my game to have 100% of all completed missions.

Agh, I have the same problem. There are two things you can do:

- Given the training missions don't count, continue anyway

- Use debug key CTRL+S (see also a list of debug keys) to force-win the level

• 3 months later...
MaxRideWizardLord

Sorry for late reply!

On 1/29/2019 at 8:25 AM, aidenpons said:

I have two extra zeros and found no problem. It's not going to stop the game crashing overnight, it just might help out with some things.

Would you suggest anything else to prevent it from happening? The extra two zeros do not seem to do that much. What happens if I add 5 more, or 7 more zeros? I'm on Windows 7 64-bit right now.

Unlikely, given that we don't seem to know of any glitchy copies. But perhaps plausible. Did you install LRR from disc or somewhere else? If it's the disc, the disc could have been scratched which might have caused some issues. But I suppose it's possible.

Since I couldn't get the game to work from Disk, for whatever reason, I got a copy of the game from Jessietail.

Firstly, play around and see what works!

Secondly, what I'd think you'd need is something a little like this:

Whatever_Laser_Is_On_The_Small_Mobile_Laser_Cutter_I_Cant_Remember {

WallDestroyTime_Seam 4.0

WallDestroyTime_Hard 3.0

WallDestroyTime_Medium 2.0

(other lines of code)

}

Whatever_Is_On_The_Large_Mobile_Laser_Cutter {

WallDestroyTime_Seam 1.0

WallDestroyTime_Hard 1.0

WallDestroyTime_Medium 1.0

}

(you might want to try 2.0 instead of 1.0, as there are two lasers when fully upgraded (though it's reasonably easy to change that, lemme know if you want to as you'll probably have to poke in .ae files for that)

For some reason some walls gets destroyed faster and some gets destroyed longer than the value I set... Hmm.

Agh, I have the same problem. There are two things you can do:

- Given the training missions don't count, continue anyway

- Use debug key CTRL+S (see also a list of debug keys) to force-win the level

Is there any other way to fix this issue? I actually want to beat that level by actually playing through it. I remember a long time ago I never had any problems with it on my russian version of the game. If anyone know what's the problem, please tell me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.