Run Lego Football (Soccer) Mania on Windows 10 ... sort of

JuicePuncher

So I saw an "article" about this game running on Windows 10. I knew this problem already because I wanted to play this game on my PC as well. I searched the internet and found an installer for windows 10. It installed and let me start the game like normal. I could go thru the options and everything went fine but the problem come when I try to start a game (after the character selection part) the game crashes and gives me an error "D3D8 Application: A D3D object has a non-zero reference count (meaning things were not properly cleaned up)". I mean it runs at least til the menu but my guess is, that this is a graphical error. If some knows how to fix this problem then I and my other can enjoy this game again. Because on a VM it can't detect GPUs and a full PC is just unnecessary (I could try dual boot)

PS: If it is in a wrong section please let me know. I am still new

Vic Rattlehead

I have the exact same problem mate. I hope we find a solution. :thumbsup:

P.S.

Sorry for replying to this thread without actually answering the question. I just wanted to show sympathy and bump the thread :old_wink:

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hey i got the game running on windows 10 i just used the same installer you linked and then opened the game folder then Mania and then there is a folder called CD. I replaced this folder with the one thats on the Actual CD. Now its  seems to work but i didn't try every level yet 

• 1 year later...

I've done this as well and the game works fine (as far as I've tested it), but I can't save my game.

Everytime I try to save, it says "save failed".

On 2/6/2021 at 6:50 PM, phenix8fr said:

It's for Lego rock raiders but you can download the D3DRM

and it's for lunch lot of old game  (lego island 1 and 2 , lego racer ...)

Not all LEGO games need D3DRM. The only ones I know that do need it are Island and Rock Raiders.
Island 2 and Racers definitely do not use it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.