dgVoodoo directx6 not installed

adamajh92

First of all, hello! Been a rock raiders fan for years. Just now found out about baz/axel mod and currently (unexpectedly) spent an hour on the very first level just for it to crash. I assumed it was because of all the lag near the base and I knew for sure, even though this laptop is a little dated, it should run this game no problem. Then I found the dgVoodoo method and was very hopeful.

But after trying for hours messing with settings on voodoo, trying different versions of it, changing compatibility settings etc. I've come to a stump as I've seen some other users encounter.

I am currently trying to run RR on a Dell Inspiron 15r i5 with ATI Mobility Raedon HD 550v on windows 7. 

Everything is set up as it should be and whenever I try to run RR it brings up Mode Select and displays the dgVoodoo DirectX Wrapper at the top, but below it says "Error: Directx6 not installed" then crashes. I've even tried installing DirectX6 by itself. Any help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I've used 2.53 up to wip50 I think dgVoodoo just doesn't like some graphics cards. Every other PC I've tried it works first try so I've just given up on that single PC. I even tried upgrading to win 10 and no.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.