Rock raiders sound bytes

Lishapie

You can find those in the LegoRR0.wad. Extract it using the WAD Tool and inside the folder it creates navigate to  Sounds/Voices/Info/Msg43.wav That's the soundbyte of Chief saying "A landslide has occurred."

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
groovy grover

I guess the solution of @Rock Raider fan no.1 already has done the job! ;) 

but another good solution for getting sound for all games in generall:

is to download software to record the direct output from your soundcard.. (i'm using "obs studio" (witch also can be used for recording videocard output))

most games offer a option to turn down music volume, so if do that you can get de sounds clean without music playing in the background!

Getting the source audio file is better than recording it, though, because you're guaranteed original quality.

'Course it might not matter in some cases. I just recommend getting the source audio.

• Like 1

groovy grover

true that! ;)

but for a lot of games getting the orginal soundfiles isn't that easy.. (and as far as i know (and i'm not a programmer, so don't know much about it)  they are some times encrypted)

so notting wrong witch also knowing this methode..

besides that: if you using a really high bitrate while recording the difference will not be that great, i think that are a verry little amout of people that can hear the difference between a good recording and a orignal file.

but in the end: getting the orignal audio files is always better of course! ;) 

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.