Using Blender for Model and Animation Modifications

Leumeister

Man, how often I use this forum is sporadic. :P

Blender is my 3D software of choice. Mostly because there is no other but... :P

Anyway, I used to do pretty well in config file mods, map making, 2D graphics mods. I believe I even figured out how to create an additional biome, and probably made a map using the new biome textures by changing what things to look for in the config file while having sound mods active. :P This place has brought new life to a game I hold dear, and I have all of you to thank!

But enough rhapsodizing. At least for now.

I want to do model modifications. I've managed to import LRR models into Blender using the handy-dandy Import LWO addon. Rigged a Rock Monster, made an Ice Monster explode into its individual model chunks, and animated a Lava Monster climbing out of lava, complete with a procedural texture glowing yellow and cooling off. Looked pretty rad.

However, as far as I know, without Lightwave (or possibly Milkshape?), I can't do new models and animations for those models to use in-game, and I would really like to. I have an alternate version of the Granite Grinder, which is basically a slight modification of the Power Miners set #8189: Magma Mech. Is there anyway I can use Blender as my primary tool, to either directly export LRR-compatible LWO and LWS files, or is there an alternative middleman I could use to make it work?

Thank you.

I'm going to PM you later tonight to figure out exactly what you're trying to do and which plugins you're using. I may be able to help you get stuff from Blender into the game. If you use Discord, send me your ID and we can talk about stuff there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.