Jump to content
ZuTheSkunk

No Frustrating Mechanics & Easy 100% Completion

Recommended Posts

ZuTheSkunk

Download From NexusMods: https://www.nexusmods.com/legorockraiders/mods/1?tab=files

Download From RRU (English only): https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/lego_rock_raiders/mods/gameplay/no-frustrating-mechanics-easy-100-completion-r289/

 

 

As we all know, the game has a number of mechanics and design choices that are either not well thought out, or are actively hindering you from playing the game effectively. Not to mention that due to extremely rigorous hidden mission goals, the intended 100% completion ending cannot even be achieved. Therefore, I set out to edit Lego.cfg in a way that not only makes 100% completion possible and easy to achieve, but also fixes what I considered poorly thought out elements of the game.


List of changes:

 

- Slimy Slugs can now be killed by the electric fences, and the laser and pusher beams are a lot more effective against them. (You should still make sure to have your fence around the base be at least 2 blocks wide though, since sometimes the slugs can sneak past them in-between the zaps if there's enough of them attacking.)

 

- Rock Raiders and various vehicles move a lot faster now, to compensate for how spacious some levels are. This actually manages to bring the playtime in some levels from a full hour to 30 minutes or less.

 

- Small Digger vehicle can now drill through hard rock in 30 seconds, as opposed to it taking 3 whole minutes. Same thing was done also to the Granite Grinder.

 

- Raiders are no longer scared of bats. This is done to prevent bats from making it impossible for the Raiders to do anything if they happen to fly into the base.

 

- Dynamite now has a lot smaller blast radius, to prevent Raiders from accidentally harming themselves with it.

 

- Raiders no longer have to eat at the Support Station. This was done to prevent situations where Raiders go to the opposite side of the map, and then immediately go back to eat due to their energy running out.

 

- All levels now come with the same, optimized set of priorities for the AI, which should be suitable for pretty much any situation.

 

- All hidden goals of levels have been significantly reduced, meaning that acquiring 100% completion is now not only possible, but very easy to do.

 

- Ore costs of certain buildings have been reduced, to cut down on unnecessary waiting times.

 

- Oxygen depletes at a much less rapid pace in Don't Panic.

 

- Small spiders no longer spawn.

 

- Camera can be zoomed out twice as far. (Note that when the camera is zoomed out this far, some objects on the edges of your view may be turning invisible.)

 

- Removed the long-ass LEGO Media logo animation on startup.

 

- Prevented certain messages from bringing the game's speed back to default.

 

- Added a couple of zeroes to the TextureUsage value, which is supposed to improve the game's performance.

 

- The camera moves faster now.

 

- Shortened the amount of time Rock Raiders need to upgrade.

 

- Drastically increased the firepower of mobile laser cutters, making them not only actually useful, but easily the most destructive vehicles in the game. Try them out, they're fun as heck to use now.

 

- Brought back Tunnel Transport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dy_enforcer

If I could make a suggestion, what about adding a guide on how to achieve a 100% on all missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZuTheSkunk

In my mod, everything is set up in such a way that you only need to collect some low amount of energy crystals (or the specific amount the mission is asking you to collect), or in the case of Run The Gauntlet, break through a few of the many caverns in the level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JetEriksen

Is there any chance you might upload this to the Rockraidersunited website? Having to make several accounts for so many sites kind of suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZuTheSkunk
1 hour ago, JetEriksen said:

Is there any chance you might upload this to the Rockraidersunited website? Having to make several accounts for so many sites kind of suck.

Ok. I just added the file to the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JetEriksen

Been playing with this now, the small mining laser is broken. It's just as fun as you describe it, i end up often getting 5 small transports and just blasting away with it.
Is it not supposed to drain crystals or? I haven't played this game in forever, when do crystals get drained and how do you recharge them? I never figured that out as a kid either, so might as well figure it out now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZuTheSkunk

Originally, the mining lasers were so weak that you needed to zap a single wall like 5 times before it was destroyed, and the laser would have already drained about 2 crystals by then, which, of course, was rendering them completely useless as a mining tool. Since in my mind "Overpowered = Fun", I decided to go in the opposite direction and remove the drainage altogether while cranking the destructive power of mining lasers up to eleven.

 

My train of thought was that since it's perfectly possible to go through the entire game without using mining lasers, having them be the unstoppable machines of mass destruction gives you the option to either do things the normal, slower-paced way, or the quick and easy way.

 

As for how to recharge crystals, as far as I know this is only possible on levels that have "Energy Seam" walls (the ones with a giant unbreakable crystal in them), and Raiders go to them to recharge crystals automatically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cid SilverWing

Absolutely love this mod! :D

 

Don't suppose you would be available to make these edits to the Norwegian .wad file? I can forward it to you for processing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZuTheSkunk
5 hours ago, Cid SilverWing said:

Absolutely love this mod! :D

 

Don't suppose you would be available to make these edits to the Norwegian .wad file? I can forward it to you for processing.

Glad you like it! :) Please send it over, I should be able to make the changes shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cid SilverWing
3 minutes ago, ZuTheSkunk said:

Glad you like it! :) Please send it over, I should be able to make the changes shortly.

Discord?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaxRideWizardLord

Hello, could you please provide some instructions as to how manually adjust all of the things that you've listed in this list? So far I don't exactly want everything of your list, just a few of it, or do it a bit differently.

 

On 10/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, ZuTheSkunk said:

Slimy Slugs can now be killed by the electric fences, and the laser and pusher beams are a lot more effective against them. (You should still make sure to have your fence around the base be at least 2 blocks wide though, since sometimes the slugs can sneak past them in-between the zaps if there's enough of them attacking.)

How exactly do I make freeze, blaster and pusher beams do more damage toward them?

 

On 10/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, ZuTheSkunk said:

- Small Digger vehicle can now drill through hard rock in 30 seconds, as opposed to it taking 3 whole minutes. Same thing was done also to the Granite Grinder.

Is there a way to maket he Small Digger dig it in 60 seconds, upgraded Digger in 45 seconds; and Granite Grinder break it in 30 seconds, but upgraded Granite Grinder break in 15 seconds?

 

On 10/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, ZuTheSkunk said:

- Raiders are no longer scared of bats. This is done to prevent bats from making it impossible for the Raiders to do anything if they happen to fly into the base.

Are the bats are NPC or some kind of object?? Would it be possible to turn them in to proper NPC that are possible to kill them with either of beams (ice, laser or pusher), or vehicle\station lasers?? Or at least, make the bats run away once you place the sonic bomb (the bomb that usually scares slugs) ???

 

On 10/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, ZuTheSkunk said:

- Raiders no longer have to eat at the Support Station. This was done to prevent situations where Raiders go to the opposite side of the map, and then immediately go back to eat due to their energy running out.

Could they, instead, eat at the spot where they are standing right now, once their energy is out? I can quite understand the annoyance of these little dummies running running back to the support station all the time, but I'd like if they actually would still eat on their own, but simply by standing still on spot once their energy is over.

 

On 10/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, ZuTheSkunk said:

- All levels now come with the same, optimized set of priorities for the AI, which should be suitable for pretty much any situation.

Can you please eleborate what you mean by that?

 

On 10/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, ZuTheSkunk said:

- Rock Raiders and various vehicles move a lot faster now, to compensate for how spacious some levels are. This actually manages to bring the playtime in some levels from a full hour to 30 minutes or less.

Is it possible to make some of the slow vehicles have the engine upgrade?? All of the laser vehicles lacks of the engine upgrades, and thus they are the slowest vehicles in the game. Would love if I could actually boost their speed by upgrading their engine at upgrade station.

 

On 10/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, ZuTheSkunk said:

 

- Brought back Tunnel Transport.

How exactly do I do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZuTheSkunk
Quote

How exactly do I make freeze, blaster and pusher beams do more damage toward them?

At the Slug entry (about one third from the top of the CFG file) you have the following values:

            CanBeShotAt            TRUE
            CanLaser            TRUE
            LaserDamage            50.0
            CanPush                TRUE                ; Can this object be pusher'ed
            PusherDist            60.0                ; Distance the object is pushed
            PusherDamage        25.0                    ; Damage that the pusher gun causes

Edit them as you see fit. 100 in the Damage fields would equal one hit kill.

 

 

Quote

Is there a way to maket he Small Digger dig it in 60 seconds, upgraded Digger in 45 seconds; and Granite Grinder break it in 30 seconds, but upgraded Granite Grinder break in 15 seconds?

Look into the SmallDigger entry. It has the following value:

HardDrillTime        30.000:25.000:30.000:25.000:30.000:25.000:30.000:25.000

The 30 is the time in seconds the Small Digger will take to drill through hard rock with no upgrades to the drill, and 25 is after upgrades are applied. Not sure why it repeats 4 times, but I guess you have to edit all of them for this to work correctly. For the Granite Grinder, look for the WalkerDigger entry.

 

 

Quote

Are the bats are NPC or some kind of object?? Would it be possible to turn them in to proper NPC that are possible to kill them with either of beams (ice, laser or pusher), or vehicle\station lasers?? Or at least, make the bats run away once you place the sonic bomb (the bomb that usually scares slugs) ???

Look into the Bat entry. If you were to copypaste the weapon-related values from, say, RockMonster entry and put them at the bottom of the Bat entry (under the "DontShowDamage" value), then the bats would become possible to hit. I think so, at least. I haven't tested it.

 

 

Quote

Could they, instead, eat at the spot where they are standing right now, once their energy is out? I can quite understand the annoyance of these little dummies running running back to the support station all the time, but I'd like if they actually would still eat on their own, but simply by standing still on spot once their energy is over.

Maybe it's possible with some extensive scripting, but not by editing values in Lego.cfg (at least as far as I know). The only editable value I am aware of that controls this is that under the Pilot entry, you have this:

EnergyDecayRate        0.25

This value controls how fast the hunger meter depletes. You could set it to something low like 0.01, so that it goes down at a very slow rate instead of being turned off entirely.

 

 

Quote

Can you please eleborate what you mean by that?

It means that every single level will use the following order of priorities, from top to bottom:

 

1. Learn skills or upgrade if told to do so
2. Go into vehicle, if any are waiting
3. Repair damaged buildings
4. Grab a tool if told to do so
5. Recharge drained energy crystals if an energy seam is available
6. Reinforce the walls if any were marked to be reinforced
7. Bring resources to building sites, if any exist
8. Collect crystals, if any exist
9. Drill walls, if any are marked to be drilled
10. Clean up rubble, if any exists
11. Collect ore, if any exists

 

 

Quote

Is it possible to make some of the slow vehicles have the engine upgrade?? All of the laser vehicles lacks of the engine upgrades, and thus they are the slowest vehicles in the game. Would love if I could actually boost their speed by upgrading their engine at upgrade station.

I don't know. Maybe someone else knows.

 

 

Quote

How exactly do I do that?

Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aidenpons
5 hours ago, ZuTheSkunk said:

Look into the SmallDigger entry. It has the following value:

HardDrillTime        30.000:25.000:30.000:25.000:30.000:25.000:30.000:25.000

The 30 is the time in seconds the Small Digger will take to drill through hard rock with no upgrades to the drill, and 25 is after upgrades are applied. Not sure why it repeats 4 times, but I guess you have to edit all of them for this to work correctly. For the Granite Grinder, look for the WalkerDigger entry.

This is because upgrading vehicles requires stats for each individual . Unlike having stats for NoDrillUpgradeDrillTime and WithDrillUpgradeDrillTime, the game seems to want stats for every combination of upgrade. IIRC it looks something like

 

No Upgrades

Drill

Engine

Engine+Drill

Scanner

Scanner+Drill

Scanner+Engine+Drill

 

As for how carry works, well, don't ask me that...

 

 

5 hours ago, ZuTheSkunk said:

Look into the Bat entry. If you were to copypaste the weapon-related values from, say, RockMonster entry and put them at the bottom of the Bat entry (under the "DontShowDamage" value), then the bats would become possible to hit. I think so, at least. I haven't tested it.

This is one step, but you also need to add the line SplitOnZeroHealth TRUE in the cfg, and add a Crumble activity to their .ae. Just put Activity_Crumble    Crumble under the Activities section, and

Crumble {
        FILE        VLPbatidle
        TRANSCOEF    0
        LWSFILE        TRUE
    }

 

a little below it. (I should write up some .ae documentation... there isn't any)

Bats lack a Crumble in their .ae file so they will get to 0 HP but nothing will happen.

 

(The .ae file can be found under LegoRR0 \ [Class: eg Creatures, Vehicles, Buildings, Minifigures] \ [Behind-the-scenes name: eg Rmonster, Pilot]\ [Behind-the-scenes name].ae

so for instance for the Bat you're looking for

LegoRR0\Creatures\Bat\Bat.ae

 

An easier thing to do is to edit Lego.cfg, search for Bat { , and set CanScare TRUE to FALSE: that way they're now scenery, basically. :P

 

(See also this for a little discussion around .ae files)

 

 

5 hours ago, ZuTheSkunk said:

 

Quote

Is it possible to make some of the slow vehicles have the engine upgrade?? All of the laser vehicles lacks of the engine upgrades, and thus they are the slowest vehicles in the game. Would love if I could actually boost their speed by upgrading their engine at upgrade station.

I don't know. Maybe someone else knows.

It is definitely possible. By and large modding vehicle stats comes down to a) copying the code of something else and b) testing until it works :P

 

For instance, to add the engine upgrade to the Large Mobile Laser Cutter I would start by realising that the Small Digger has basically the same set of upgrades as you want, so paste its properties over and tweak them. You may also need to wander into its .ae file and define what parts to add when it is upgraded (the comments should be explanatory and you can get by with copy + pasting). Post if you don't get it and I can write a more detailed reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaxRideWizardLord

Forgive my tardiness!

On 5/17/2019 at 7:48 PM, ZuTheSkunk said:

At the Slug entry (about one third from the top of the CFG file) you have the following values:

            CanBeShotAt            TRUE
            CanLaser            TRUE
            LaserDamage            50.0
            CanPush                TRUE                ; Can this object be pusher'ed
            PusherDist            60.0                ; Distance the object is pushed
            PusherDamage        25.0                    ; Damage that the pusher gun causes

Edit them as you see fit. 100 in the Damage fields would equal one hit kill.

There is only stats for pusher beam. How exactly do I add in the freezer and blaster one as well?

 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:38 AM, aidenpons said:

This is one step, but you also need to add the line SplitOnZeroHealth TRUE in the cfg, and add a Crumble activity to their .ae. Just put Activity_Crumble    Crumble under the Activities section, and

Crumble {
        FILE        VLPbatidle
        TRANSCOEF    0
        LWSFILE        TRUE
    }

 

a little below it. (I should write up some .ae documentation... there isn't any)

Bats lack a Crumble in their .ae file so they will get to 0 HP but nothing will happen.

 

(The .ae file can be found under LegoRR0 \ [Class: eg Creatures, Vehicles, Buildings, Minifigures] \ [Behind-the-scenes name: eg Rmonster, Pilot]\ [Behind-the-scenes name].ae

so for instance for the Bat you're looking for

LegoRR0\Creatures\Bat\Bat.ae

Can you please eleborate step-by-step guide on how to turn Bats in to a NPC that is possible to scare with sonicblaster, kill with either of guns, and kill with electric fence?? I'm sorry for asking basically to hold my hand to walk me through all this, but this is the only way I can understand it properly.

 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:38 AM, aidenpons said:

It is definitely possible. By and large modding vehicle stats comes down to a) copying the code of something else and b) testing until it works :P

 

For instance, to add the engine upgrade to the Large Mobile Laser Cutter I would start by realising that the Small Digger has basically the same set of upgrades as you want, so paste its properties over and tweak them. You may also need to wander into its .ae file and define what parts to add when it is upgraded (the comments should be explanatory and you can get by with copy + pasting). Post if you don't get it and I can write a more detailed reply

Yeah, it's definitelly not something I can understand. Can you, please, provide full guide on how to make my small mobile laster cutter and heavy mobile laser cutter being able to upgrade velocity speed?

 

"You may also need to wander into its .ae file and define what parts to add when it is upgraded" - what exactly you mean by "parts"? Like 3D cosmetic elements to the model itself, to look more upgraded? I guess I can live just fine even if the model would look the same, although I'm definitelly not against a bigger vehicles once they are upgraded. :P

 

Speaking of upgrades, I'd like if I could upgrade helicopter to move faster, and to have radar. And I'd like to upgrade chrome chrusher to have radar as well just like Granite Grinder. As long it's something possible.

 

On 5/17/2019 at 7:48 PM, ZuTheSkunk said:

Maybe it's possible with some extensive scripting, but not by editing values in Lego.cfg (at least as far as I know). The only editable value I am aware of that controls this is that under the Pilot entry, you have this:

EnergyDecayRate        0.25

This value controls how fast the hunger meter depletes. You could set it to something low like 0.01, so that it goes down at a very slow rate instead of being turned off entirely.

So the only known way to fix it is by switching 0.25 to just 0? Is it possible to, at least, force the rock raiders to NOT wishing for food once their energy is deplited? I know that when they are hungry, they get tired more often when carry either of objects, but at least the hunger meter is still persist in the game rather than vanished entirely.

 

But yeah, I'd like some mod when the rock raiders just eats at the same spot when then they get huntry instead of running BACK to the god damn station all across the map. Anyone know if there is any mod like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aidenpons
Posted (edited)

Firstly, you might find a lot of interesting information here: about creatures. There's also some stuff, albeit less of what you're interested in, over here. There's nothing on .ae documentation and I should really get around to writing something.

 

 

Quote

There is only stats for pusher beam. How exactly do I add in the freezer and blaster one as well?

Just add 'em in! Add a new line or two and put the properties there. :P

 

Quote

Can you please eleborate step-by-step guide on how to turn Bats in to a NPC that is possible to scare with sonicblaster, kill with either of guns, and kill with electric fence?? I'm sorry for asking basically to hold my hand to walk me through all this, but this is the only way I can understand it properly.

There are several things to each of this:

> is possible to scare with sonicblaster

Add to the Bat { section under Stats:

CanScare TRUE


> kill with either of guns

Copy and paste the Rock Monster (or any other monster) properties that look like they're about being shot at into the Bat { section.

 

> kill with electric fence

Like you did with CanScare, add this line:

CanBeHitByFence TRUE

 

However you also need to edit the .ae file. Cirevam explained that over here. This just allows the monster to actually die, as opposed to standing there with 0 HP.

 

On 6/8/2019 at 10:59 AM, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Yeah, it's definitelly not something I can understand. Can you, please, provide full guide on how to make my small mobile laster cutter and heavy mobile laser cutter being able to upgrade velocity speed?

 

"You may also need to wander into its .ae file and define what parts to add when it is upgraded" - what exactly you mean by "parts"? Like 3D cosmetic elements to the model itself, to look more upgraded? I guess I can live just fine even if the model would look the same, although I'm definitelly not against a bigger vehicles once they are upgraded. :P

 

Speaking of upgrades, I'd like if I could upgrade helicopter to move faster, and to have radar. And I'd like to upgrade chrome chrusher to have radar as well just like Granite Grinder. As long it's something possible.

Good, I see no "Add carry" or "Add drill" functionality in that list. :P That's good because while those are possible those require editing an additional set of files and general shenanigans.

 

Unlike a sensible game, where the effects of each upgrade were coded individually, for LRR there are uniuqe combinations of every upgrade.

 

Engine works like

WhateverProperty    OFF:OFF : ON:ON      etcetera

 

Scanning works like

WhateverProperty    OFF:OFF:OFF:OFF : ON:ON:ON:ON : etc

 

Drilling works like

WhateverProperty     OFF : ON : OFF : ON
 

Here WhateverProperty is probably stuff like SoilDrillTime, RouteSpeed, SurveyRadius, etc: you'll need to edit them all.

 

Check out the Small Digger:

 

RouteSpeed			02.000:02.000:04.000:04.000:02.000:02.000:04.000:04.000
See how the pattern goes:
RouteSpeed			SLOW  : SLOW : FAST : FAST : SLOW  : SLOW : FAST : FAST 

All the other properties do that to:

MedDrillTime		04.000:02.000:04.000:02.000:04.000:02.000:04.000:02.000
MedDrillTime		 FAST : SLOW : FAST : SLOW : FAST : SLOW : FAST : SLOW :

and

SurveyRadius		0:0:0:0:4:4:4:4

The Small Digger has 8 levels because it needs combinations of Drill on/off , Scan on/off , Engine on/off , which makes for 8 possibilities. The Chrome Crusher (internal name LargeDigger) has 4 levels because it only has 4 possibilities: Drill on/off , Engine on/off - it doesn't have a scan upgrade. (You could make it scan off the bat with SurveyRadius, instead of requiring an upgrade)

 

But wait, what about the Bulldozer, which has 16 levels? Surely that only needs 8 possibilities, and indeed you can see duplicate entries? Honestly I don't know what's going on here. Providing you don't touch Carry upgrades you should be fine. :P Also, don't ask what's going on with the Rapid Rider with 3 levels... :P

 

While I haven't extensively mucked around with this, I would guess that your bet is to try and copy and paste as much CFG code as is possible from a unit that already has the upgrades to the one you want. Additionally, don't forget to edit UpgradeCostOre and UpgradeCostStuds as those seem to control which upgrades the unit is actually able to get.

 

If this isn't possible, or breaks, you may need to re-write your own stuff from scratch: use the ON:OFF templates I provided above to work out what parameters a vehicle should have when it's upgraded.

 

 

(BTW, CanDoubleSelect controls double selection for lasers fire mode).

 

Lastly, I mentioned .ae shenanigans. This is only truly important for the LMLC, as its second laser may vanish if you don't do anything here, but for the Chrome Crusher, which doesn't even look special when it gets an engine upgrade, it's probably unimportant.... Probably. Regardless:

 

.ae files, among other bizarre functions, define what UpgradeTypes to mount where on the model. Know how the Small Digger gets that third chainsaw at the front? That's .ae shenanigans telling it "When it's upgraded its drill, mount item DRILLCHAINSAW at position DRILLCHAINSAWPOSITION (although the names are not those).

You would be correct if you were to say that these were graphical - but lasers are also handled this way. Check out LMLP.ae :

 

Level0101 {
		;Scan + Drill
			DLaser				BM_TurretNULL,1,BigLazer
			LMLPradar				Animparentnull,1
			CAB					BMcab_NULL,1
			LIGHT					BMlight_NULL,1
			LIGHT					BMLight_NULL,2
			tube					BMDLASER_NuLL,1
			tube					BMDLASER_NuLL,2

		}

This is saying when the vehicle is Level0101, or has its Scan and Drill upgrades, mount the Dlaser on the 1st BM_TurretNull (there can be multiple nulls with the same name) and its WeaponType is BigLazer. That was quite confusing.

Fortunately you shouldn't need to actually edit any stuff here. All you should need to do is just copy these out for the approrpriate levels.

 

By the way there's a handy comment in most vehicle .ae files except LMLP.ae

;Binary sequence order is [carry] [scan] [speed] [drill]
;therefore a vehicle with carry and speed upgrade will be 1010

So say you want to add an engine upgrade to the LMLP. After you're made your edits in Lego.cfg, copy out what looks most sensible and just change the number in front of it. So for instance, if you have Scan + Engine, it would probably be like

 

Level0110 {
		;Scan	+ Engine
		; Copied off the Scan section, and I just changed the third digit to a 1 to indicate scan upgrade
		
			LMLPradar				Animparentnull,1
			BIGlaser				BM_TurretNULL,1,BigLazer
			CAB					BMcab_NULL,1
			LIGHT					BMlight_NULL,1
			LIGHT					BMLight_NULL,2
			tube					BM_TurretNULL,1
		}

 

This is going to be complicated and difficult, but it is definitely possible.

 

 

 

 

And lastly...

Quote

So the only known way to fix it is by switching 0.25 to just 0? Is it possible to, at least, force the rock raiders to NOT wishing for food once their energy is deplited? I know that when they are hungry, they get tired more often when carry either of objects, but at least the hunger meter is still persist in the game rather than vanished entirely.

 

But yeah, I'd like some mod when the rock raiders just eats at the same spot when then they get huntry instead of running BACK to the god damn station all across the map. Anyone know if there is any mod like that?

There are multiple ways to disable sandwich eating. EnergyDecayRate is one of them. Other methods include:

- NoAutoEat TRUE on a level-specific basis

- removing SnaxULike TRUE from the Support Station, such that nothing gives them sandwiches & your raiders will be forever hungry as they have nothing to eat

 

I tried toying around with the Sonic Blaster to see if I could disable its explosion and it instead was a sandwich stop, but this didn't work :P crashed the game on loading if I tried to remove its explosion ability in the .ae. I then attempted to see if giving Raiders SnaxULike TRUE would allow them to eat sandwiches from other raiders' pockets, but no luck either. And giving SnaxULike TRUE to a Hover Scout had no effect at all.

 

There is no mod to my knowledge that allows raiders to eat on the spot (short of manually clicking them & Feed Rock Raider). Your best bet is the second bulletpoint, and disabling the Support Station's ability to give out sandwiches. Thus your raiders will be forever hungry, but not run back for sandwiches.

Edited by aidenpons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaxRideWizardLord
13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Just add 'em in! Add a new line or two and put the properties there. :P

The thingy that is called "LaserDamage" is actually the damage done by the blaster?? I always assumed that the "LaserDamage" is the damage received by these huge stationary lasers either of mobile vehicles or laser station; rather than that green blaster gun shooting projectiles.

 

13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

CanScare TRUE

Isn't this one line means that the monster can scare the PLAYERS, instead of being scared by sonicblaster themselves?

 

13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

However you also need to edit the .ae file. Cirevam explained that over here. This just allows the monster to actually die, as opposed to standing there with 0 HP.

Like, I have absolutely zero knowledge what in a hell is the .ae file and I'm scared to imagine what kind of evil mystery process I'd have to do in order to edit it, and there is nothing said about it in that link either. I've looked in all of the folders but I couldn't find it.

 

But I'll copy-paste the "SplitOnZeroHealth TRUE" line anyway.

 

13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

The Small Digger has 8 levels because it needs combinations of Drill on/off , Scan on/off , Engine on/off , which makes for 8 possibilities. The Chrome Crusher (internal name LargeDigger) has 4 levels because it only has 4 possibilities: Drill on/off , Engine on/off - it doesn't have a scan upgrade. (You could make it scan off the bat with SurveyRadius, instead of requiring an upgrade)

 

But wait, what about the Bulldozer, which has 16 levels? Surely that only needs 8 possibilities, and indeed you can see duplicate entries? Honestly I don't know what's going on here. Providing you don't touch Carry upgrades you should be fine. :P Also, don't ask what's going on with the Rapid Rider with 3 levels... :P

 

While I haven't extensively mucked around with this, I would guess that your bet is to try and copy and paste as much CFG code as is possible from a unit that already has the upgrades to the one you want. Additionally, don't forget to edit UpgradeCostOre and UpgradeCostStuds as those seem to control which upgrades the unit is actually able to get.

 

If this isn't possible, or breaks, you may need to re-write your own stuff from scratch: use the ON:OFF templates I provided above to work out what parameters a vehicle should have when it's upgraded.

I've read it like 5 times in a row and I still don't understand what you're trying to tell me and what exactly should I add or copy\paste in order to make laser vehicles being upgraded... Aside from maybe upgradecostore\studs

 

13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

(BTW, CanDoubleSelect controls double selection for lasers fire mode).

 

Lastly, I mentioned .ae shenanigans. This is only truly important for the LMLC, as its second laser may vanish if you don't do anything here, but for the Chrome Crusher, which doesn't even look special when it gets an engine upgrade, it's probably unimportant.... Probably. Regardless:

 

.ae files, among other bizarre functions, define what UpgradeTypes to mount where on the model. Know how the Small Digger gets that third chainsaw at the front? That's .ae shenanigans telling it "When it's upgraded its drill, mount item DRILLCHAINSAW at position DRILLCHAINSAWPOSITION (although the names are not those).

You would be correct if you were to say that these were graphical - but lasers are also handled this way. Check out LMLP.ae :

 

Level0101 {
		;Scan + Drill
			DLaser				BM_TurretNULL,1,BigLazer
			LMLPradar				Animparentnull,1
			CAB					BMcab_NULL,1
			LIGHT					BMlight_NULL,1
			LIGHT					BMLight_NULL,2
			tube					BMDLASER_NuLL,1
			tube					BMDLASER_NuLL,2

		}

This is saying when the vehicle is Level0101, or has its Scan and Drill upgrades, mount the Dlaser on the 1st BM_TurretNull (there can be multiple nulls with the same name) and its WeaponType is BigLazer. That was quite confusing.

Fortunately you shouldn't need to actually edit any stuff here. All you should need to do is just copy these out for the approrpriate levels.

 

By the way there's a handy comment in most vehicle .ae files except LMLP.ae

;Binary sequence order is [carry] [scan] [speed] [drill]
;therefore a vehicle with carry and speed upgrade will be 1010

So say you want to add an engine upgrade to the LMLP. After you're made your edits in Lego.cfg, copy out what looks most sensible and just change the number in front of it. So for instance, if you have Scan + Engine, it would probably be like

 

Level0110 {
		;Scan	+ Engine
		; Copied off the Scan section, and I just changed the third digit to a 1 to indicate scan upgrade
		
			LMLPradar				Animparentnull,1
			BIGlaser				BM_TurretNULL,1,BigLazer
			CAB					BMcab_NULL,1
			LIGHT					BMlight_NULL,1
			LIGHT					BMLight_NULL,2
			tube					BM_TurretNULL,1
		}

 

This is going to be complicated and difficult, but it is definitely possible.

This is even more confusing ; ;

 

 

Why can't you just tell me the exact thing for copy\paste and what exactly files should i edit (and give location of said files, as I couldn't find them in wad compiler either). This is why I asked for step-by-step guide, like literally holding my hand through all this as you use abbreviations and slangs of community I'm not even familiar with. Like, idk what is even LMLC thingy is, what the hell is it suppose to mean? Light mobile laser cutter?

13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

There are multiple ways to disable sandwich eating. EnergyDecayRate is one of them. Other methods include:

- NoAutoEat TRUE on a level-specific basis

- removing SnaxULike TRUE from the Support Station, such that nothing gives them sandwiches & your raiders will be forever hungry as they have nothing to eat

 

I tried toying around with the Sonic Blaster to see if I could disable its explosion and it instead was a sandwich stop, but this didn't work :P crashed the game on loading if I tried to remove its explosion ability in the .ae. I then attempted to see if giving Raiders SnaxULike TRUE would allow them to eat sandwiches from other raiders' pockets, but no luck either. And giving SnaxULike TRUE to a Hover Scout had no effect at all.

 

There is no mod to my knowledge that allows raiders to eat on the spot (short of manually clicking them & Feed Rock Raider). Your best bet is the second bulletpoint, and disabling the Support Station's ability to give out sandwiches. Thus your raiders will be forever hungry, but not run back for sandwiches.

Eh that kinda sad, and considering that you can't make them less hungry the bigger level they are, which is also extremely lame, I'll just put energydecayrate at 0.01

 

As for vehicles, could you please provide me exact thing I should copy\paste or replace in order to make things work? Also, in all honesty, I want to make helicopter upgradeble so it could carry 20 of ore\crystals, but the upgrade would cost like 100 ore. Thus, it will be the only vehicle in the game that could possible carry out loot from islands covered in lava around. Is it something that is possible?

 

 

 

 

 

 

EDIT: found ae. files in RR0.wad. Man, not to sound offensive, but you're talk like alien to me, and bring up irrelevant things that I didn't asked for and I be like "what the hell is this even relevant for?". So if I get this correct, I should copy+paste several sections, like Engine, Scan + Engine, Engine + Drill, Scan + Engine + Drill in to ae. file thingy. Should I do the same for helicopter, small mobile laser cutter and chrome chrusher? I've as well decided that small mobile laser cutter should have scanner upgrade as well, along with chrome crusher and helicopter.

 

And I'm still confused if whether I should add more numbers toward certain lines, for example LargeVehicle just had 0.300:0.300:0.600:0.600, but I made it like this - 0.300:0.300:0.600:0.600:0.300:0.300:0.600:0.600

 

 

 

EDITv2: Edited the Chrome Chrusher ae. thingie, just in case.

 

 

EDITv3: Unfortunatelly the Chrome didn't get proper scanner stats, but at least scanner can be upgraded. I've put this line:

 

SurveyRadius        2:2:2:2:5:5:5:5

 

This means it get a scanner by default, but upgrading it makes it much stronger. Unfortunatelly, it just kept having that small 2, idk why it didn't get to 5 after upgrade.

 

 

And the small mobile laser cutter didn't even get any of the upgrades, no scanner nor engine upgrade ; ; Idk why. That's why I was begging for step by step guide, this is incredible confusing.

 

At least big mobile laser cutter works and upgrades fine.

 

EDITv4: managed to fix chrome crusher and small mobile laser cutter. The chrome crusher fixed itself, somehow. The small mobile laser cutter was fixed after editing .ae thingie file.

 

Sonic blaster however, still crash the game. I guess sonic blaster crash the game not only on the final training level as it seems, ehh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aidenpons

You're very confused - welcome to LRR modding. I'm afraid I can't give you a step by step guide for what to copy and paste because I don't fully know what's going on, and haven't fiddled with this enough to be truly confident.

It is indeed very confusing, I couldn't get it to work in all fullness, and there are a bagillion things to keep track of. :/ Look at the amount of custom maps, and then look at the amount of edited vehicles... it tells you something about the difficulty. :/ (Is my Upgraded Hover Scout the only vehicle mod available that isn't Time Raiders? I think it is).

 

The upshot is that editing existing vehicle stats (eg giving the Chrome Crusher a Scanner) is miles easier than actually adding a Scan upgrade, as I think you discovered.

 

The thingy that is called "LaserDamage" is actually the damage done by the blaster?? I always assumed that the "LaserDamage" is the damage received by these huge stationary lasers either of mobile vehicles or laser station; rather than that green blaster gun shooting projectiles.

Yes, it's hand laser damage. Damage from giant lasers on vehicles is handled under WeaponTypes { .

Isn't this one line means that the monster can scare the PLAYERS, instead of being scared by sonicblaster themselves?

Whoop, so it is. My bad. :whistle:

ScaredByBigBangs TRUE

should hopefully do the trick though.

 

Quote

(and give location of said files, as I couldn't find them in wad compiler either).

I mean, I did:

On 5/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, aidenpons said:

(The .ae file can be found under LegoRR0 \ [Class: eg Creatures, Vehicles, Buildings, Minifigures] \ [Behind-the-scenes name: eg Rmonster, Pilot]\ [Behind-the-scenes name].ae

so for instance for the Bat you're looking for

LegoRR0\Creatures\Bat\Bat.ae

Quote

Also, in all honesty, I want to make helicopter upgradeble so it could carry 20 of ore\crystals, but the upgrade would cost like 100 ore. Thus, it will be the only vehicle in the game that could possible carry out loot from islands covered in lava around. Is it something that is possible? 

Possible? Probably, at least up to carrying nine. But as I haven't got this to work myself (cf. this thread) I can't help you out here.

 

8 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Sonic blaster however, still crash the game. I guess sonic blaster crash the game not only on the final training level as it seems, ehh...

Sonic blasters are a known crash issue that's annoying unpredictable. Even with the best mods available they'll still cause a crash, so RRU kinda abandoned trying to do anything with them.

 

 

Also we've derailed @ZuTheSkunk's topic entirely, and I'm sorry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaxRideWizardLord
Just now, aidenpons said:

The upshot is that editing existing vehicle stats (eg giving the Chrome Crusher a Scanner) is miles easier than actually adding a Scan upgrade, as I think you discovered.

after messing with it around, with a copy-paste mechanic, I've figure out it's not THAT hard. But there is load of non-sense bs in the cfg file that makes no sense for me. Like, why rapid rider have same 3 level, and why in a hell it's velocity speed is 2, then 3, then 4?

 

Just now, aidenpons said:

Possible? Probably, at least up to carrying nine. But as I haven't got this to work myself (cf. this thread) I can't help you out here.

 

If 20 is impossible, I'd like to have at least 9, would you help me with it??? Even 6 or even 3 is better than nothing. Then again, it will be the only vehicle capable to transfer loot over lava.

 

And I wouldn't call it "derail" because we are talking about mods to induce less frustration in the gameplay. :P I still have a few question questions regarding other things to make them less frustrating.

 

1) How do I speed up the Ore Refinery's process of generating studs at least 3 times? I want it so the dumb rock raiders will actually drop ore there once there is still space available, instead of droping ore there once the Ore Refinery already absorbed the previous ore, thus wasting ore in vain. Or maybe some mod that forces the rock raiders to wait untill they can deposit 2 ores only instead of droping all of it even when the space is over. Or maybe both, mod to wait and mod to increase the speed of Ore Refinery in order to make it quicker and making ore, since it's quite frustrating when ore goes in vain instead of making building studs.

 

2) Is it possible to upgrade the large helicopter to carry large vehicles? The upgrade would cost like 50 ore, but at least it would allow you to carry chrome chrusher and bulldoser. Not the largecat, though.

 

3) How do I make upgraded laser cutter have a continous laser beam? I've posted similar question there 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.