List of bugs that can be fixed?

Mr. Skeltal

Well, im kinda surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to this yet, so I wonder if its possible to compile a list of known bugs, or in game mechanics that don't work right, and mod's to fix them.

I already know of the Sonic Blasters Fix, so what else is there that can be fixed, or perhaps improved upon?

- Laser Beams will sometimes, but very rarely (it either happens 100% of the time on your machine or it doesn't), drain all your crystals.

Fix: under the laser's WeaponTypes in the CFG, add DischargeRate 0.0

- Recharge Seams will avalanche and cannot be reinforced

Fix: All landslides must be defined in Fall.map. From there, in the relevant level section, set NoFallins to TRUE. SafeCaverns can remain FALSE. (Or is it the other way around...? I think it's that way)

- Slug scripts are stupid and for every slug that dies, another will immediately take its place

Fix: Do some NPL scripting. I should really get around to this :P Also double (or triple) the damage hand weapons do in the Slug section, that'll help.

- Manual lasers are terrible

Fix: Buff their stats. Even so, there's no way to "group select" lasers to focus-fire down regenerating monsters.

- Monsters have next to no range on their boulders and a simple electric fence will kill them

Fix: a) CanBeHitByFence FALSE in the relevant monster section in Lego.cfg, or b) get your hands on Lightwave and do some animation shenanigans. Their range is somehow tied to their animation (source: Cirevam)

- Sonic Blasters crash the game

Well, the fix doesn't work on my machine :(

- Scorpions, spiders, and snakes are unimplemented, and when they are, they don't die when they should

First, de-comment the CFG code. Secondly, go into Scorpion.ae (or Spider.ae, Snake.ae, etc) and add a Crumble activity (reference the Rock Monster or Slug). That should be enough to get you started...

- Tunnel Transport is buggy as heck

Current research indicates we can either a) glitch all LRRs off the map, leaving only vehicles (as happens at the moment) or b) crash the game (as happens if you let the Cargo Carrier travel on land). No known solution so far.

- Spiderwebs placed in the OL don't work, but those placed with Debug Key H do

Fix: ????

- Various stupid tiles of terrain (Water Works, Hot Stuff)

Fix: Edit them out of the map using Cyrem's Map Creator

- The hunger mechanic is a jerk

Fix: The quickest and least painful way is to go to the Support Station and set SnaxULike to FALSE (is that what it's called? it's been a while...)

- The RR AI refuses to build paths and instead picks up ore

Fix: Play around with adding Path as a priority and bug @Slimy Slug for more information as he got this working

- Notifications reset game speed and I have to go into Advanced Options every single darn game

Fix: Go to the notifications setting in the CFG and change SLOW at the end of them to NORM.

- LRRs have loads and loads of unused idle animations

Fix: Add them in the .ae, copying the existing waiting data so you don't break anything

- Game crashes randomly

:/ level designers can help with this by making shorter, smaller levels. I've toyed around with the idea of breaking a level into two bits.

- It's impossible to get 100%

Fix: Go through every level and change the Score system to something a little more sane. Run the Gauntlet requires 40 crystals which is entirely impossible even with debug key shenanigans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana
10 hours ago, aidenpons said:

- Sonic Blasters crash the game

Well, the fix doesn't work on my machine :(

Neither the fix by Oboe Shoes or Cire's custom Sonic Blaster fix the crashing on any of my systems.  With slugs, the crashing seems almost random.  With monsters, the game instantly crashes no matter what.  

- Spiderwebs placed in the OL don't work, but those placed with Debug Key H do

Fix: ????

No, spider webs work in the OL, but they break (not literally breaking apart :P) if placed in an undiscovered cavern.  Placing them on the same tile as another object such as a Raider will crash the game upon loading the map however.

- The RR AI refuses to build paths and instead picks up ore

Fix: Play around with adding Path as a priority and bug @Slimy Slug for more information as he got this working

Yeah just add it into the PriorityImages {} section in the CFG, add it to the levels that you want it used on, and set it higher than Ore collection.

Huh, this is all very useful to know, thank you for the info!

Perhaps at some point, Cyrem could implement some of these into his Improvements Pack for the Cafeteria Mod Loader.

Here's a question, which value do I need to change to fix the fact that Rock Raiders keep firing beams at monsters from farther away than the beam is able to reach?

You can't fix the handheld "standard" laser beam as far as I know. There are some hardcoded values for it. You're better off modifying one of the other beams to be more effective. Look in the WeaponTypes { section. This is my modified pusher beam for general "kill everything" usage. Ammo doesn't do anything, but the increased range definitely works. Damage is controlled in each monster's CFG entry. Firing delay and refire time can also be modified, but it's tied to the minifig's animations. I have one custom raider that can fire several times a second that is seriously effective.

Pusher {
			DefaultDamage		5.0
			WeaponRange		250.0
			RechargeTime		0.1
			Ammo			400
		}

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

@aidenpons Nope.  CrossLava FALSE doesn't do squat to fix that with the fence.

@Cirevam @ZuTheSkunk Actually, you can fix the handheld laser beam's distance.  Just shove a weapon range line into Lazer {} section under WeaponTypes in the CFG like this:

Lazer { 		
			SlowDeath			3.0:10.0
			DefaultDamage			1.0
			DischargeRate       		0.0
			RechargeTime			25.0
			WeaponRange			300.0

}

It looks like this is what controls the handheld laser and not the LaserShot {} property.  LaserShot doesn't do s*** as far as I can tell, which is strange considering it sits between the Pusher {} and Freezer {} properties.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Slimy Slug said:

@Cirevam @ZuTheSkunk Actually, you can fix the handheld laser beam's distance.  Just shove a weapon range line into Lazer {} section under WeaponTypes in the CFG like this:

<snip!>

It looks like this is what controls the handheld laser and not the LaserShot {} property.  LaserShot doesn't do s*** as far as I can tell, which is strange considering it sits between the Pusher {} and Freezer {} properties.

Doing so just increases the range of the projectile. This means LRRs will stand even further away - and still out of range - when trying to shoot a Rock Monster. That's what Cirevam meant by "it can't be fixed."

Also, I didn't know Electric Fences are hardcoded to sit on lava :P I must make a level abusing this feature.... power these fences, and upon doing so a massive monster horde emerges which you can watch get zapped to oblivion?

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

In my experience, increasing the weapon range helps cut down on the instances of Raiders doing that, especially in closer quarters.  The real problem is obviously hardcoded, but the range of the weapon helps.  At least from what I've seen. 

It's not just lava that the fences can withstand; they don't take damage from landslides either if you give them an entry in RockFallIn {} under WeaponTypes {}.  Also, I think the fence spark damage auto-kills monsters/slugs no matter what you put but I need to verify that.

This and the lack of NERP commands or a priority for them suggests the fences were very unfinished.

20 minutes ago, Slimy Slug said:

Also, I think the fence spark damage auto-kills monsters/slugs no matter what you put but I need to verify that.

Yup. Fences are either an instakill, or not at all.

Off topic, but ways to balance them:

• give them an OxygenCoef so you need to spam Support Stations
  • increase their dependencies to Mining Laser Level 2 or something crazy like that
  • give them a HealthDecayRate so they eventually teleport up
  • make them not hit all monsters (CanBeHitByFence FALSE)

This and the lack of NERP commands or a priority for them suggests the fences were very unfinished.

I never thought about "very unfinished" in that sense, as instakilling all monsters is what you need them to do; you don't need damage over time or a discrete amount of damage. However, they have no priority as you pointed out and if you select a RR, click "Pick Up Object," and select an Electric Fence, it goes to the Pick Up Crystal cursor.

That said, what in the game was finished on time? :P

One more question, is there a way to fix the fact that Rock Raiders cannot pick up dynamite if they drop it (such as when they get scared of something while carrying it)?

1 hour ago, ZuTheSkunk said:

One more question, is there a way to fix the fact that Rock Raiders cannot pick up dynamite if they drop it (such as when they get scared of something while carrying it)?

... Well,

Well, that's strange. Aside from one or two odd cases long ago (which I might be misremembering), I don't recall any instances of RRs trying to pick up dropped dynamite, even if I specifically direct them to stand next to it.

It might well have something to do with the priority of Drilling (called Destruction in the game files). If that's low they might pick up other things first.

• 1 month later...
MaxRideWizardLord

I found some very, VERY unpleasant bug that I left notion about it in my thread. It's overshadow pretty much every single other bug in this list and makes them insignificant in comparison. Been browsing this forum for solution but haven't found anything...

Summary: ALL of your base become out of energy despite the fact that you still have more than enough energy crystals collected in your base, and I'm unable to fix it anyhow.

How it happens: I'm not entirely sure, but it might be because I forced to build power path tiles around my base... Removing tiles, removing buildings, removing minions, removing all sort of vehicles, collect new energy crystals and let them be absorbed by Power Station - none of that did help... The only other solution I haven't yet tried is to remove Power Station and build a new one, but you gotta understand that my air supply drained DRASTICALLY so I just panicked and tried to finish my game as fast as possible.

I really hope it's a known bug that has some fixes.

As far as I can tell, this bug seems to occur at random when the base goes into Action Stations mode. Allegedly, the fix is to edit the Lego.cfg file and change this:

Lazer {
            SlowDeath        3.0:10.0
            DefaultDamage        1.0
            RechargeTime        30.0

Pilot            1.0:0.6:0.3:0.2
        }

Into this:

Lazer {
            SlowDeath        3.0:10.0
            DefaultDamage        1.0
            RechargeTime        30.0
            DischargeRate    0.0

Pilot            1.0:0.6:0.3:0.2
        }

MaxRideWizardLord

As far as I can tell, this bug seems to occur at random when the base goes into Action Stations mode.

Was that reply to my message? If so, what exaction is "Action Stations" mode? And I'm not exactly understand how the lasers are related to this, given that I didn't used lasers a single time during that run. What I rememeber for sure is that I wanted to build powerpath tiles around my base, then suddenly all of my buildings become out of energy and all my energy crystal column become green, as if none of my crystals were used by power station.

Action Stations is when you put your base into full alert. You know, red lights and sirens going?

I don't know exactly why that lasers setting affects this, all I know is that it's somehow responsible for the problem. As far as I understand, lasers not having that one setting causes the game to get confused and think that some building/vehicle/weapon/whatever consumes energy at an alarming rate.

MaxRideWizardLord

Action Stations is when you put your base into full alert. You know, red lights and sirens going?

I don't know exactly why that lasers setting affects this, all I know is that it's somehow responsible for the problem. As far as I understand, lasers not having that one setting causes the game to get confused and think that some building/vehicle/weapon/whatever consumes energy at an alarming rate.

Weird... Well, anyone else also aware of this issue? Also yeah, I build around 5 mining laser stations around my base (hey, i like my base look cool), all upgraded. But it was all good untill I start building power path tiles around my base.

Then again, I haven't used a single laser even once, and I didn't click "Action Stations" during my build up of power path tiles. So you say, the main reason behind this is the mining laser station? Any idea\suggestion how to prevent this bs from happening again?

Just to be clear, I can build an inifnite amount of power path tiles without fear of getting crash or this bug happen again?

29 minutes ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Just to be clear, I can build an inifnite amount of power path tiles without fear of getting crash or this bug happen again?

If the laser problem truly is the issue here, then fixing it by all accounts should remove any worries about power paths causing problems.

30 minutes ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Any idea\suggestion how to prevent this bs from happening again?

Like I said, you need to edit the Lego.cfg file to add that missing line of code. If you have never done something like this before, then here's the overall procedure:

1. Download and install Notepad++ (you'll need it to edit the file, since the default notepad that comes with Windows is inadvisable for this) and the WAD Tool (to open the files that contain the Lego.cfg file).

2. Using the WAD Tool, extract all contents of the LegoRR1.WAD file (WAD > Extract All Files).

3. In the LegoRR1 folder that should have been created, find the Lego.cfg file, open it with Notepad++, and add the missing line of code in the specified place. Save.

4. Rename the old LegoRR1.WAD file to something else.

5. In the WAD Tool, open File > Compile New WAD, select the LegoRR1 folder and press OK.

If you did everything correctly, then the WAD Tool should create a new LegoRR1.WAD file that contains the modified Lego.cfg. And that's it, the fix should be in the game by then.

MaxRideWizardLord

If the laser problem truly is the issue here, then fixing it by all accounts should remove any worries about power paths causing problems.

I really don't understand how does this work or even related to the issue... Isn't the DischargeRate is paratemeter that affects how quickly the laser beam will waste your energy crystals (turn them in to violet ones) when shooting laser? The thing is, when the bug\issue happened, all of my energy crystals in the right down columb all became (unsused) and none of the purple ones spawned. But alright, I'll try to get wad extractor sometime and try to build my base EXACTLY the way I build it earlier (if my memory won't failed me) and put as many power paths as possible, then I'll report here if it did fixed or not.

MaxRideWizardLord

If you did everything correctly, then the WAD Tool should create a new LegoRR1.WAD file that contains the modified Lego.cfg. And that's it, the fix should be in the game by then.

Did everything as you told me (including attempting to change other things as well), compiled a new wads, but the game doesn't want to launch... It just stuck at loading screen with the line forever stuck at 3/4...

I don't know how I managed to mess it up since I did everything like you told me (maybe except notepad... since other guys told me to use normal notepad).

This is pain.

It's possible that it's either not using Notepad++ that is the problem, or you did something incorrectly while trying to make changes in the Lego.cfg file, or it's a combination of both.

If you don't mind experimenting, you could try using the modified Lego.cfg file I put up here and see if that will at least work, since it definitely did on my end.

MaxRideWizardLord

If you don't mind experimenting, you could try using the modified Lego.cfg file I put up here and see if that will at least work, since it definitely did on my end.

Eh, this website request registration in order to download file, and I still get no verification email (checked spam folder). What's your mod is about anyway?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.