shinyquagsire23

LOCO RF Unpacker Script

shinyquagsire23

Hi,

I wrote a Python2.7 script for unpacking te RFH/RFD files, I originally wrote https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/LEGO-LOCO-Decompression-Tool but that was an absolute hackjob apparently. Anyhow, the script seems to have no random issues with certain BMPs, audio, etc... everything unpacks perfectly. Script terminates with an error because I'm too lazy to add checks or whatever. No bitmap hackery is required, all files work.

https://gist.github.com/shinyquagsire23/20a86e65206ece28683a9b4c5597e172

Tauka Usanake

I'm not familiar with Python. How do you run this? I've already tried running it in Windows through PowerShell and the system recognizes that it's a Python script so Python should be installed to some extent

mumboking
4 hours ago, Tauka Usanake said:

I'm not familiar with Python. How do you run this? I've already tried running it in Windows through PowerShell and the system recognizes that it's a Python script so Python should be installed to some extent

Looks like you put it in the same folder as the RFH/RFD files then run it.
It won't work with Python 3.6, if that's what you have.

Tauka Usanake
15 hours ago, mumboking said:

Looks like you put it in the same folder as the RFH/RFD files then run it.
It won't work with Python 3.6, if that's what you have.

Being on a campus computer (I do all my everything on campus now) it seems to have both 2.7 and 3.4 but it's installed through SPSS some statistics program. I don't think it would work either way. I'll try installing Python 2.7 on my own computer and try it out

Tauka Usanake

So, I installed Python 2.6.6 on my machine and ran the script. Guess it didn't matter if it was a bit older but it pulled everything out. I don't remember ever a time we ever managed to get all the Loco resources ripped like this. Did I miss something with my years away from RRU?

mumboking

As far as I know, we only were able to extract some of the stuff, with some images being unviewable.

Tauka Usanake

So this came out of no where when no one else could get past those unreadables. I think I remember Cyrem saying that Game Extractor could pull from Loco but I never tried it.

Well, I'm happy either way. I have use for the sprites but it seems that love for Loco has died. That's kind of disappointing