MineTimelapser

LI1 High Quality LEGO Island Music - downloads!

MineTimelapser

As you may have heard, Lorin Nelson has got hold of cassettes of LEGO Island's music - meaning much better quality music than before.

A lot of people have expressed interest in lossless downloads, so we put them up online!

Link to music

More will be add to the page when more is transferred and we get permission from some of the other artists. Some of my personal favorites like Brick by Brick and the park theme have already been included.

We're also planning on making a tuned-up collection of the complete OST. We're doing some tweaks to the music since transferring analog tapes is never perfect, and brings some noise and off frequencies with it.

Enjoy the tracks!

(PS. Lots of lots of love and thanks to Lorin for this, he's done so much work transferring all these tapes!)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Skeltal

Well i'll be!

Thank you so much for releasing these, i've been dying to listen to them ever since Lorin posted the first track to his YouTube channel.

I was wondering, did Lorin happen to send the particular version of LEGOMania he uploaded to his channel? It's a tune that I quite like, and seems to have been used in the E3 Version of the game's intro.

jamesster

Looking forward to hearing more of this.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Skeltal said:

and seems to have been used in the E3 Version of the game's intro.

Before this turns into yet another case of people saying speculation as if it's fact and then everybody believing it's fact without knowing where it comes from:

There's an early version of the intro that was on Wes's site with different music (and voice acting).

Someone at E3 1996 described seeing a video like the intro.

That's all.

• Like 1

Mr. Skeltal

Yeah, thats why I put seems in there. My bad, didn't mean to confuse anyone there.

jamesster
15 minutes ago, Mr. Skeltal said:

Yeah, thats why I put seems in there. My bad, didn't mean to confuse anyone there.

It's alright, just seen waaaaay too much misinformation start like this, heh. "The Kingdoms world in LU was gonna be Chima themed", "The Legend of Mata Nui had eight beta discs that were lost", etc. Just good to say things exactly as we know for sure; often times things that seem plausible or even "obviously right" end up being unexpectedly wrong, and sometimes it's the opposite. Most often it's somewhere in the middle, and the general idea is right but the blanks people filled in are incomplete/somewhat wrong (in this case I'd say the E3 video likely was different from the final intro since it was so far from release, but there were also quite possibly more WIP versions of it than the one on Wes's site, so who knows what exactly it was unless more video surfaces).

MineTimelapser
1 hour ago, Mr. Skeltal said:

I was wondering, did Lorin happen to send the particular version of LEGOMania he uploaded to his channel? It's a tune that I quite like, and seems to have been used in the E3 Version of the game's intro.

Certainly have more of that: I uploaded the suite version of the track for you. It's 50 minutes long - so good chance it will include it!

Also uploaded the Police Station theme since I got permission for it!

On the topic of video, there may be some news on that coming up. The archives had VHS tapes that can be converted relatively soon, so hoping there's something interesting on them.

jamesster
56 minutes ago, MineTimelapser said:

On the topic of video, there may be some news on that coming up. The archives had VHS tapes that can be converted relatively soon, so hoping there's something interesting on them.

With all the stuff going on lately, I've forgotten - was Lorin involved in the TV show pilot, or no? Or is there any chance it could be on them regardless?

MineTimelapser
41 minutes ago, jamesster said:

With all the stuff going on lately, I've forgotten - was Lorin involved in the TV show pilot, or no? Or is there any chance it could be on them regardless?

Not as far as I'm aware, but there's still a possibility that it is included somewhere as the archives also include more than stuff directly related to LEGO Island.

The first video is rendering which is a commercial for LEGO Island.

Going off the title, the first tape also includes something called 'character rig footage' and a third thing that can't be made out. I'll make a topic for it once it's out.

Deathrain

Quite fantastic stuff! I'm very much hoping the race track themes (both for roaming and racing) will turn up at some point, those along with the Torpedoes contributions to the soundtrack (which I only recently found an archive of) shaped my taste in music more than I realized for a long time!

MineTimelapser
4 hours ago, Deathrain said:

Quite fantastic stuff! I'm very much hoping the race track themes (both for roaming and racing) will turn up at some point, those along with the Torpedoes contributions to the soundtrack (which I only recently found an archive of) shaped my taste in music more than I realized for a long time!

Hey! Glad you liked them. Some of these tracks have been converted already. We’re working on getting permission from some of the artists and then will put them up there!

• Like 2