Hey!

Pixus

So, I'm Cheeyev. I'm currently 19 years old and I have high-functioning Autism (which skews with my social expectations a bit), although I guess I should talk about my intro here. I had a handful of LEGO games while growing up, the PC version of Rock Raiders being one of them. It's been years since I've really played any of the games and with the help of this site, I might be able to actually play it again, which is fairly exciting for me.
While I've only joined recently (and I've been meaning to for a while), I've checked up on here every now and then, and I'm glad to still see that this site is still active. Speaking of that, I'm not sure how active I myself am going to be on this site, although I do know that there's a Discord server for those who reach 10 posts or something, so I'll probably be more active in there than on the forums; I'm not sure.
So, uh, that's it. I'm not sure what else I should say, but hello forums.

Edited by Cheeyev
I'm not sure if I'll get the game working or not.

Welcome to Rock Raiders United, Rock Raider! We've teleported you down into a new cavern, where many Rock Raiders are already established. Some are staring blankly at MDF walls, others constructing Game Remake Pads, others simply sitting in silence, still others eating sandwiches at the Support Station. Explore and find out what you can about this vast Rock Raider HQ! There don't seem to be any Rock Monsters about, so you should be safe here. Welcome to RRU!

On 9/30/2018 at 11:59 AM, Cheeyev said:

I might be able to actually play it again, which is fairly exciting for me.

Does LegoRR.icd have a size of 0 kB?

1) Yes it does - isn't a 0 kB file useless?

2) No it doesn't - it's 700 and something kB big.

If you picked 1, congratulations, we'll eventually be able to get LRR running on nearly all machines using dgVoodoo.

If you picked 2, it's a long and tedious process but if you are prepared to see it all through you can run it!

On 9/30/2018 at 11:59 AM, Cheeyev said:

I had a handful of LEGO games while growing up, the PC version of Rock Raiders being one of them. It's been years since I've really played any of the games

With the exception of Lego Racers 1 and Lego Rock Raiders you're really not missing out on anything. Those two are still worth playing in my opinion. And, like any game, they're better with mods :)  - a couple of powerup tracks for LR1 to give you even more cannonballs, and an overhaul or two for LRR.

Welcome to RRU!

Thanks for the welcome message! I didn't really expect anybody to reply for a while.

19 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Does LegoRR.icd have a size of 0 kB?

If you picked 1, congratulations, we'll eventually be able to get LRR running on nearly all machines using dgVoodoo.

If you picked 2, it's a long and tedious process but if you are prepared to see it all through you can run it!

With the exception of Lego Racers 1 and Lego Rock Raiders you're really not missing out on anything. Those two are still worth playing in my opinion. And, like any game, they're better with mods :)  - a couple of powerup tracks for LR1 to give you even more cannonballs, and an overhaul or two for LRR.

Thanks for the guide, but yeah, I did check and it was around  500,000 KB and I got it running on a virtual machine (even if some stuff like scrolling in the menu is a bit too fast), and I've actually never really played the original Lego Racers but I'll see if I can give it a try. Thanks though!

1 hour ago, Cheeyev said:

Thanks for the guide, but yeah, I did check and it was around  500,000 KB

That's 500 MB. That's more than my entire LRR installation. In fact it's enough for two LRR installations!! What's up with yours? :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.