Cyrem

Rock Raiders: Community Edition - New! - Preview 1

Cyrem

LEGO ROCK RAIDERS | COMMUNITY EDITION | Preview 1

LRR:CE is not so much an overhaul, though in many ways it is an overhaul. Community Edition isn't an overhaul to bring many of the community's mods together under one roof, no, rather you could say its an unofficial quality-of-life patch for LRR that brings improvements, fixes and new features! Yes, this is a new (unofficial) version of LEGO Rock Raiders over 19 years from release! A lot of time and work has gone into this over the last year or more.

Screenshots

1920x1080 LRR

large.ce_prev1_1.jpg.f447ebc099fbe119d83large.ce_prev1_2.jpg.9cbcf310a5b20c67385

large.ce_prev1_3.jpg.3e6bb25177764b9af46large.ce_prev1_4.jpg.82b25e8e4c635bc6881

Updated Mode Select

large.2105378645_rrcelauncher.jpg.78dc7b

Example(s) of LRR:CE in Action:

- System Malfunction

1.0 Preview 1

This is a preview of the first release, with a number of changes. Because of this it is HIGHLY recommended you use this on a fresh install of LRR to avoid any misattributed problems.

Features

• New Resolutions support: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1600x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200
  • New EXE Parameters: -resw <value> & -resh <value>
  • Updated Mode Select Window Layout and Win32 Style.
  • Updated Game Icon.
  • Mode Select now appears in taskbar and is topmost.
  • Enabled game window Minimize button.
  • Loads up to 100 WAD files (from 10)
  • Plays music from folder instead of CD.
  • Music now plays in random order.
  • Fixed Build Panel crash when using more than 11 building icons.
  • Man Teleport queue maximum increased to 20 (from 9)
  • Support for up to 12 RockFallStyles (from 4)
  • Set Crystal Colour on a per-level basis (previously not possible)
  • Set Next & Back button positions for Briefing Panel (previously not possible)
  • Generate a random class of monster on wall collapse (per level, per your selection) instead of only Small Spiders! (Makes it possible to generate new monsters into the game without manual level placement).
  • CD Music Status check removed. Stops micro lockups associated with it.

Issues

• Training Missions, Reward Screen and Load Screen are yet to be resolution adapted and will appear strangely placed, yet still functional.

1.0 Alpha 1 (Coming Soon)

This version is already in the works and the features will be as follows:

- New CFG Property to set the starting oxygen in a level.

- New CFG Property to set unpowered crystal colour per level.

- New Parameter "-debugconsole" (See below)

- New Parameter "-nointro" disables intro screens.

- New debugging information for CFG loading.

- New (Optional) Level Scripting system alongside NERPS to add vast amount of new possibilities now and in the future.

- New (Optional) environment hazard: Level "Toxicity".

- New Multi-Minifigures!. Teleport down different Minifigs instead of only Pilot.

Download

REQUIRES: LEGO ROCK RAIDERS (CE is not a full game, you need your original game installed first)

While it is possible to use CE without Cafeteria in a default install, you will miss out on the resolution features.

Default Package [Preview 1] -  (Includes Cafeteria, required mods, music)

Installing

• Extract the package into your LRR directory. (Replacing any files)
  • Run Cafeteria.exe and click "Start Setup" on welcome screen.
  • Wait until setup is complete, may take several minutes as it extracts around 10k files.
  • Click the "Settings" tab in Cafeteria and select a resolution.
  • Click the "Re-Build Game" button and wait for it to complete. (Only need to do this once, unless you change settings/mods)
  • Congrats, your game is now built for your selected resolution and mods applied. Click "Start Rock Raiders".
  • Enjoy.

More
Combine with dgVoodoo and ReShade for an even better experience!

aidenpons

Ohmigosh, I missed this until scrolling up on the Discord server. GET HYPED! Finally, LRR... just better!

Loads up to 100 WAD files (from 10)

I'm sure this'll be extremely useful :P

... now I need to work out how to make all my mods compatible with Cafeteria again :P

Cyrem
32 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

Ohmigosh, I missed this until scrolling up on the Discord server. GET HYPED! Finally, LRR... just better! 

... now I need to work out how to make all my mods compatible with Cafeteria again :P

It's gone a bit un-noticed I think?

Anyway, your cafe mods should still be compatible. I'm yet to update the cafe topic with the new version and update the guide. There isn't a lot different in how to make mod patches, but there are some really cool new features. (tip: extract CE_Resolutions mod ;) )

JimbobJeffers

I should have commented earlier, this is great work Cyrem! Including Cafeteria I can't imagine how much work this took but it's great to have an all-in-one edition for ease of use.

Sadly my particular PC has never played nice with LRR without other methods like a VM or SafeMode booting so this didn't work for me, but I'm sure it'll be great use for others out there. :)

Xyotic

Doesn't work for me...

Main Menu is really laggy and the game crashes as soon as i try to start a level.

I have the german version of the masterpiece edition.

Could this be the cause of the problems?

Cyrem
6 hours ago, Xyotic said:

Doesn't work for me...

Main Menu is really laggy and the game crashes as soon as i try to start a level.

I have the german version of the masterpiece edition.

Could this be the cause of the problems?

Sounds like you need dgvoodoo, follow this guide: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/guides/run-lego-rock-raiders-with-dgvoodoo-r7/

Do steps 3 & 4 only then re-try your game.

hsof777

Is there anyway that this will be made stand-alone? I haven't been able to get rock raiders running with out it crashing constantly or having a crazy graphical glitch where the screen is constantly flashing icons when I stop moving the mouse or use any menu. 

aidenpons
On 4/27/2019 at 8:11 AM, hsof777 said:

Is there anyway that this will be made stand-alone? I haven't been able to get rock raiders running with out it crashing constantly or having a crazy graphical glitch where the screen is constantly flashing icons when I stop moving the mouse or use any menu. 

Using dgVoodoo should help out with that.

hsof777

i tried with and without dgvoodoo setup and sadly my comp wont run it Y_Y

i am super excited for this mod though. it looks like yall have done amazing work

aidenpons
On 4/30/2019 at 3:06 AM, hsof777 said:

i tried with and without dgvoodoo setup and sadly my comp wont run it Y_Y

Give this a whirl:

Try getting it to run (if very laggily, badly, and in 640x480) first, and then apply dgVoodoo and the Community Edition.

Cyrem

Just an update for those following this topic. I'm excited to announce the next version of LRR:CE will be Alpha 1 and has some big additions, especially so for modders! The non-modders can possibly enjoy the outcome however of some new mods that will then be possible.

So what can you look forward to?

- New CFG Property to set the starting oxygen in a level.
- New CFG Property to set unpowered crystal colour per level.

- New Parameter "-debugconsole" (See below)
- New debugging information for CFG loading.

- New (Optional) Level Scripting system alongside NERPS to add vast amount of new possibilities now and in the future.

- New (Optional) environment hazard: Level "Toxicity".
... and more yet to announce!

Cyrem

The new features list for Alpha 1 have been finalised and the first post updated, including teleporting down different types of Minifigures in new build menu!

Cirevam

There's something interesting about raider types that all of you should know if you decide to pursue your own additional raiders in the future. It seems like the activities that objects can do are not limited by the Activities listed in the object's AE file. The real factors are a combination of CFG entries and (assuming) hard code. I created a brand new raider type with only a few basic activities to see if it was possible to limit what it could do, but the game doesn't ignore missing activities. So while this new raider will pick up and drop materials as expected, since it has the right activities and animations...

large.Minimovers.png.e3439eda9943184e80a

...it will also drive vehicles even though there's no activity. Also, things like teleportation and training/upgrades happen instantly since there's no animation defined (which is specified by the activity). The result is a floating robot that does everything much more quickly than the standard raider.

large.Minidriver.png.e2d5f6571361be895c8

Cyrem

Just a progress update. I've successfully been able to replace font sprite text drawing in some areas with pure font text drawing.

This having a few particular advantages of:

• Use any TrueType font
  • Change size and colour of font
  • Increased performance on Windows 10.

Example:

http://prntscr.com/o4czv2