Sign in to follow this  
Deathrain

Spybotics

Deathrain

So I was sorting through some of my old stuff in my parents attic and found the two Spybotics sets I had (for those who don't remember it, it was an ill-fated mindstorms successor with an agents theme) and even still have a serial to ir cable for them still sealed. Not sure if I'll find the software, though. I'm curious wether I should make that effort, though! So, does anyone still have these? Is there a way to run the original software on modern hardware?

Cirevam

I have three of the bots (green, blue, red), the CD, and the cable. I haven't tried it on modern hardware because most of my stuff doesn't have a COM port. One of my newer computers does, but I already have around six XP computers that work just as well... I could check it if someone really needed to confirm.

I figured out a way to adjust how the "experience" values are treated when a bot checks in at a PC. You load the modified mission, run it once, check in, and the bot instantly reaches max level. Unfortunately, the effect goes away when you load a different mission. It's too bad there's not a whole lot that can be done with the mission editor.

• Like 2

Deathrain

I heard they work on serial to usb adapters, that would be the solution for me.