Help with Installing Rock Raiders on 32 -bit Windows 7

egsader999

I have a 32-bit version of Windows 7 on an old desktop. I cannot seem to get Rock Raiders to play. It will install properly and everything, but when I go to play, nothing happens. I have tried many different compatibilities, but still nothing works.

Thank you,

Have you tried running it with dgVoodoo yet? If you haven't, use version 2.53 that's linked in the guide and not the latest version on the official site.

What size is your LegoRR.icd ? Is it 0 kB, or ~720 ish kB?

If it's the first, great, your copy is diskless and we must be able to get it running. If it's the second, you've got a disk-protected copy. However you should still be able to run it on Windows 7.... haven't seen that OS for a long time...!

Try:

1) the dgVoodoo guide posted above

2) create a shortcut to LegoRR.exe itself - don't use the Basic and Advanced shortcuts - throw on compatibility mode for XP SP2 and admin

3) downloading this, unzipping, moving your LegoRR1.wad somewhere far away and replacing it with this - all it does is force no movies to play, which helps out several people (though you can usually get them to play afterwards with a little shenanigans, but getting LRR working is the priority)

11 hours ago, egsader999 said:

Hey guys,

I've tried all of your suggestions, but still nothing.

My LegoRR.icd file is 720 kb. 

That means your LRR installation requires the disk to run. A little bit of googling later, it also appears that the 'remove SafeDisc' update hit Windows 7 as well. Normally this is the end of the line, but there is this guide we still have. It's for Win10 but

Remember that SafeDisc was removed for security reasons, so it's a good idea to turn it back off when you're done.

Also @Cyrem, I'm still tuned but all I've heard is the crackle of a silent radio OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.e4013114c97501de1099aa06ca5e6529.png

Alright, I gave it a shot, and you're not going to believe this. It still didn't work. I don't understand. 

I am willing to try a Virtualbox. I'll just need instructions on how to set it up. Hopefully without having to enter a license for Windows every 30 days. 

On 9/13/2018 at 4:58 AM, egsader999 said:

Alright, I gave it a shot, and you're not going to believe this. It still didn't work. I don't understand. 

I am willing to try a Virtualbox. I'll just need instructions on how to set it up. Hopefully without having to enter a license for Windows every 30 days. 

Muffled mutterings of muffled curses, it still won't work? Eish, LRR is being more fussy than usual.

Fortunately we have a convenient guide on VirtualBox too: OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.e4013114c97501de1099aa06ca5e6529.png

Thanks. I have tried this and the issue I have with it is having to redo the installation every 30 days.

Let me ask this question. Is there a difference with the LRR Masterpiece Edition? If so, is there a place I can download an iso of it to have it work with either my Windows 7 32-bit desktop or Windows 10 laptop?

5 hours ago, egsader999 said:

Thanks. I have tried this and the issue I have with it is having to redo the installation every 30 days.

Grrr. :| Not sure if there's much you can do about that...

Let me ask this question. Is there a difference with the

LRR Masterpiece Edition? If so, is there a place I can download an iso of it to have it work with either my Windows 7 32-bit desktop or Windows 10 laptop?

The chances are very high, but somebody should confirm this, that the difference is that one has the disk protection (which is causing you all the pain mentioned above) and the other does not (eg my version), and hence runs relatively fine on Win10 (for starters, it will run). There are [presumably?] places where one could download it, but RRU doesn't endorse piracy, so we can't give you any links.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.