dgVoodoo causes lag only when healthbars are active

aidenpons

^

The game is fine every other time. Slug spam, big maps, twenty raiders.... basically no stutter at all. But visible healthbars cause quite a huge stutter.

I am using dgVoodoo 2.53, so that's not the problem. I haven't tinkered with the settings because I have metaphorically no clue what they do - they're just completely out of my zone of knowledge. Anything that would be particularly good to enable?

It's great that it works at all though :D

• 7 months later...

I recently played Rock Raiders again and encountered the problem, too. I tried some options in dgvoodoo and it went away.
After that I tried to backtrack, if only one option was the solution and it was: activating "Fast video memory access" in the DirectX menu in dgvoodoo.
I hope, that it will help you and other people :). This was also the only RRU thread, that I have found so far, which described the same problem.

edit: The only thing I have to work out is, if that option causes more random game crashes (the game freezes in my case) or if I just played levels*, that are more prone to causing said crashes.

*like "Water Lot Of Fun" and "Rock Hard"

paperpanzer

I've had this problem as well, but only when I have a larger quantity of Raiders on my screen (15+). Any less and the lag isn't noticeable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.