Rocket Racers Remake

MinifigRenderer

MinifigRenderer

Hi all. As some of you may know myself and a few others are making a new version of the former LEGOLAND Windsor Resort attraction Rocket Racers. Originally the posts had been taken down due to copyright conflict with Merlin Entertainments. Today I got confirmation from James Dobbs that I'm allowed to publicly release updates on the remake. So I'll be posting updates here.

MinifigRenderer

He rang me on my phone today and further from our original chat earlier from the year was happy to let me continue to post updates publicly. He's allowed me to do so on Facebook sInce then and has said today I can post somewhere a bit more public. Hence this post.

Legoman contacted me and told me that he had a phone conversation with James Dobbs about this, and that James was okay with Legoman posting updates on Facebook. The game will not be released publicly, so I allowed it. I don't know what any of the other mods think yet (I heard from McJobless).

• Like 1

DarkianMaker

I find a phone call a rather suspect way of having obtained permission since it's kind of hard to double check and you haven't been exactly a paragon of truth in the past.

• Like 1

I spoke with James Dobbs through email directly, and apparently LEGOLand (or at least James' superiors at Merlin) are fine with legoman sharing pretty much everything that isn't the executable or has LEGO's copyrights all over it. We can't host the project but it's fine to share updates and discuss it here. Anyone who had concerns can rest easy. We have official word that it's cool.

• 3 weeks later...
MinifigRenderer

Update on The Building Room:

What's new?
* Car selection, name input and tutorial video play have been fully implemented.
* Music and Barry voice lines have been added.
* Cross-resolution scaling has been fixed and should now also work smoothly on any aspect ratio.
* All UI sprites (including the backgrounds) have been redone from the original sources. This aids dynamic scaling and looks cleaner.
* All scenes now have custom timings modeled after those of the original exhibit.
* When nothing has been selected on a selection screen, the screen chooses randomly. If no name has been confirmed on the keyboard, it will set the name to "PLAYER [index]".
* The character model now renders flatly on the UI canvas, through which the LEGO logo can transition over it smoothly.
* Lots of under-the-hood cleanup on files and scripting to ensure a stable experience.
What's broken now?
* The minifigure in the video is no longer in use. Hopefully will be replaced soon.
What's still missing?
* Hats.
* The "get ready" screen.
* Some timed Barry lines.
* Glows for all selection screens.
* The animation where a selected item flows to the center of the screen. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.