Lego Drome Racers Doesn't Launch on Windows 10

HaraSwift

So, I found a full copy of Lego Drome Racers, installed it on my system (Win10), and it won't launch at all. The entire internet seems to think I'm talking about the original Lego Racers; but you guys actually know this game exists?

The one bit I've heard (Off topic on a steam search) says you have to EXE edit it to launch. I have no idea how to do this; or if that's even fully the case. I've banged around a bit with compatibility settings but it won't even start the EXE. Anyone know how to fix it to run?

On 8/12/2018 at 1:52 AM, HaraSwift said:

So, I found a full copy of Lego Drome Racers, installed it on my system (Win10), and it won't launch at all. The entire internet seems to think I'm talking about the original Lego Racers; but you guys actually know this game exists?

This is because Lego Racers, by and large, is a much better game than Drome Racers in almost every respect. Drome Racers wins out in its sheer atrociously bad gameplay, the like of which is not to be found in Lego Racers OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.e4013114c97501de1099aa06ca5e6529.png

The one bit I've heard (Off topic on a steam search) says you have to EXE edit it to launch. I have no idea how to do this; or if that's even fully the case. I've banged around a bit with compatibility settings but it won't even start the EXE. Anyone know how to fix it to run?

We have a diskless patch for Lego Racers 2 but unfortunately no diskless patch for Drome Racers - the reason I mention that is that the two games are by the same developer and use the same sort of file stuff. There are two versions of Drome Racers, one that always requires the disk to run and one... that doesn't. Check which one you have by referring to this topic; you should be able to check by date modified.

If you require the disk to run you're basically out of luck, although you can re-enable it by following this tutorial... I think.

Beyond that, compatibility settings, admin rights and the lot should get it to run...?

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.