IGD map modding?

Noob Slayer

Noob Slayer

I'm pretty sure there was a thread like this here years ago, but maybe it got lost in all the website restructuring and whatnot. But I digress.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas how to change the player's icon on the mini-map from that annoying green triangle to a dot like the other characters.

Looking through my /GAMEDATA/COMMON/ folder, there IS a BMP called IGDCRDOT. Considering that every mini-map file is referred to as IGD, my best guess is this texture contains all the minimap icons.

Noob Slayer

Totally forgot that tool existed! Regardless, haven't been able to find the right texture. My gut tells me it's in the .exe somewhere but I don't even want to mess around in there unless I know exactly what to look for

lol username

I'm not 100% sure but I think there's a decent chance it's a mesh, rather than a texture. Haven't really looked into it though.

Noob Slayer

Can't find anything else in my /GAMEDATA/COMMON folder referencing the IGD, except for LEGOIMGS.IDB.

IGDCRDOT contains the red and blue opponent dots on the map, but nothing for the player triangle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.