miningmanna

LRR remake project

jamesster

Great stuff.

2 hours ago, miningmanna said:

If any of you are interrested in getting the project files and libs, I could give you them. You could try to load different models, and just try it out.

My guess is, you guys have expirience with programming, since you have written map editors, patches and more for the game. Though it was probably not Java.

I could leave some comments, so you could find the important variables fast, and also make a video for the eclipse project setup, if you are not familiar with it.

Yeah, I'd be interested in playing around with it or just seeing more of how it works. Maybe put it on GitHub or something?

• Like 1

miningmanna

GitHub repository:

https://github.com/miningmanna/LRR-remake

libs are included. Import the project, and change the build paths in the project settings, to match the path of the lib folder. Dont forget the natives folder of the lwjgl.jar

EDIT:

Info for picking an animation is in the README.md

• Like 3

Cyrem

Thanks mate, I'll check it out as well!

• Like 1

miningmanna

Next thing I will work on is fixing the positioning of the "telepthing" and getting the transparency frames for the LWS animation, making the teleports as good as in the game.

The shader must also implement some basic shading, since, in LRR, the cursor is treated as what seems to be a point light. I would need to address that.

Once most of the graphical stuff is done, I would continue to map loading and generating the coresponding meshes to view in the camera.

1st and 2nd person would come after that. Since those views use some premade meshes (except for the recharge seam apparently).

On a side note:

For the next week or so, posts will come rarer, but with more content I guess? I will be moving in 6 hours to the city, where I study, and I havent gotten an internet connection in my new apartment. So I will be using public wifi, when I have made some solid progress.

Just in case, so that nobody thinks im forgetting/leaving the project.

• Like 2

miningmanna

So, I´ve worked on the transparency component for the animations. The buildings should now transition in, in their teleport animation.

The changes are on the github

Anyone who has tried to import and use the project: Have you had any issues? If so write them in here, and tell me whats going on.

Edit:

I have found a closer spot for an internet connection. So I might be able to update more often than I thought.

Compared to the ~6km to IKEA, this one only is about 1 km

• Like 2

jamesster
5 hours ago, miningmanna said:

Anyone who has tried to import and use the project: Have you had any issues? If so write them in here, and tell me whats going on.

I haven't had time to try it yet (been pretty busy with various other things) but it's definitely on my to-do list, I'm especially interested in learning more about the LWO format myself and maybe trying some things with it (curious if I can get them loaded in Unity, just for fun... Then maybe if I do that, I could also easily rig up an OBJ exporter since I've already done that in a few other Unity projects. I don't think OBJs officially support all the data LWOs can contain, but I'd personally still have use for at least the basic geometry in an OBJ with planar textures converted to UVs - other conversion methods I've tried are unable to do that).

• Like 1