LR1 Framerate Issues

Noob Slayer

Noob Slayer

An issue I've been having with Lego Racers on this laptop is a significantly lower framerate. What confuses me is that it just started happening today. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game about 3 times tonight and nothing fixes it.

There was a fix I was using - which required me to have the Lego Digital Designer app open at the same time, but it's not having an effect at all.

Anyone have any idea how to help with this?

SPECS:
Intel Core i3 7th Gen
Intel integrated HD Graphics
Dell Inspiron
8 GB RAM (7.87 Usable)

64-bit Windows 10 Home Edition

Well, you can try compatibility mode for XP SP2 and admin on the executable - but you were probably doing that already. Another slightly crazy idea is to add -alphatrans to the Target box on a shortcut, but I highly doubt that'll do anything.

Did Win10 just update, and can you revert back minor updates and install them one by one?

lol username

For whatever it's worth, I've had some really wonky inconsistent framerate issues with Intel HD graphics too, on two laptops - one running Windows 7, the other running Windows 8.1. Like, struggling to run a game at minimum settings at some times, then suddenly it shoots up to 100+ FPS later, for no discernible reason. Sometimes restarting the programs or PC fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Affects pretty much everything rendered in 3D, though sometimes some things seem to run better than others...? Maybe......? No idea what the real cause is, would love to know, it's been driving me crazy. Is it just LEGO Racers you're having trouble with, or are other things slowing down too?

Noob Slayer

It was just Racers I was having trouble with, however I did a system restore earlier today and it seems to have fixed the issue. Hasn't dipped below 60fps since then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.