LRR Graphical Bug on Tooltips

Exsolutus

Hello everyone,

I've been working to get Rock Raiders working on my Windows 10 computer today. So far, I have been fairly successful. The game runs in windowed mode fairly well now, thanks to dgVoodoo. However, during game play, an odd graphical error is occurring.

co5sxsY.jpg

The problem appears to be related to mouse-over tool tips, as it only occurs when the mouse is left where a tooltip can occur. If the mouse is left hovering somewhere no tooltip is generated (shown below), there is no problem. The game also returns to normal once the mouse has been moved, causing the tooltip to disappear.

x11u5MX.jpg

The next time a tooltip appears, everything from the previous instance appears, along with the new tooltip.

I have attempted a variety of combinations of settings within dgVoodoo, none of which appear to have any effect on this problem. Has anyone else seen this issue before? Is there a known fix? I did not find a solution looking through the existing threads here in the Support section.

(Edit) With a bit more experimenting, the issue also occurs when selecting Rock Raiders, when the selection box appears.

Edited by Exsolutus
Additional information

Quick update. I have found that the "Fast video memory access" setting in dgVoodoo eliminates much of the issue. Most of the screen now renders as expected, except for a horizontal band across the screen then tooltips appear.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I used the same fix and had the same outcome. Does anyone know of a fix for the horizontal bands?

Edit: managed to fix the horizontal bands by using dgVoodoo v2.53 instead of v2.55! Everything working perfectly so far.

On 7/29/2018 at 4:30 PM, Ed_ said:

managed to fix the horizontal bands by using dgVoodoo v2.53 instead of v2.55! Everything working perfectly so far.

Hey, thanks for that! Seems to be working for me as well. ?

On 7/30/2018 at 8:30 AM, Ed_ said:

Thanks, I used the same fix and had the same outcome. Does anyone know of a fix for the horizontal bands?

Edit: managed to fix the horizontal bands by using dgVoodoo v2.53 instead of v2.55! Everything working perfectly so far.

Wow, that's a really funny fix. I wonder what it is about 2.53 that isn't in 2.55....

(oh and 2.53 is up on RRU itself in case 2.56 or something else comes out OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.e4013114c97501de1099aa06ca5e6529.png)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.