Licenced error

Lair

in 1999 LEGO® got their first licence with Star Wars. Of all those they have had, that is probably the best.

Around 2001 they mad H**** P*****, which was total garbage IMO. Then after the Lando Calrissino Incident of 2004 (putting a black man with yellow guys, which offended people) they moved to flesh-toned minifigs for licensed products. Then in 2006 they had... Avatar (only 2 sets fortunataly). In 2007 They got S******-B** S*****-P****. And finaly, after 2009 they let him go, only to bring in the worse of all.

Ben Poop.

Oh yeah, Gladiators. Now we wait for LordZakida to explode.

So the point: Other than SOME Star Wars and Indiana Jones (which would be good if it were not the fact that Jonny Thunder is forever gone :'( )(And many more recent sets are just for money in Star Wars, like The 6TH VERSION of the Falcon) have you noticed the fail of licenced products with LEGO®?

yes

they do fail

They make crappy sets for things that they have a licence for (Starwars went down hill)

And they re-use original themes and they fail when they do (Power Miners)

They really need to think of some original ideas

• 1 year later...
Devestater

Star wars the clone wars, power miners , mars mission, space police 3, indeana jones, hero factory and ben 10 are the best Lego series and sets ever! :chief::docs::jet::axle::sparks: :bandit:

Star wars the clone wars, power miners , space police 3, hero factory and ben 10 are the best Lego series and sets ever! :chief::docs::jet::axle::sparks::bandit:

ben 10 are the best Lego series and sets ever! :fail

Dude. Just... gtho. And stop using the same emotes in massive amounts every post.

Tauka Usanake

I stopped getting LEGO magazines about a year or two ago. They forgot about me it seems...

I recall Toy Story sets. Those sounded pretty bad. They even made Prince of Persia with the movie coming out (as if that wasn't bad in itself) and now recently they have Pirates of the Caribbean. Not bad but lacking originality.

How hard would it be to show LEGO that their imagination is dying, and how ironic it is that they made a game based on it?

... Holy [Please Talk Properly] I think I just figured something out. :af:

I'm one of those oldie LEGO fan types. I prefer the old worn bricks in my boxes compared to the shiny new ones my cousins own...LEGO has somewhat lost it's touch and I don't think (due to the new fanbase type) that it will re-gain it's old hype.

Star wars the clone wars, power miners , mars mission, space police 3, indeana jones, hero factory and ben 10 are the best Lego series and sets ever! :chief::docs::jet::axle::sparks::bandit:

Case in point. I've been reading all Devestater's posts, and he makes the most perfect example. Devestater here (I'll call him 'Bob') has been raised up in this new line of products. He's probably young, maybe about 10 or a little older, and gets all his sets from his parents and birthdays and whatnot. The point I'm trying to make is that many people like this are on LEGO's new forums, making these kinds of posts. LEGO takes this as their target market is now just a bunch of underprivlliged children with nothing better to do than watch mindless Television shows which they form some kind of attraction to...

Now, LEGO thinks that the only way to sell is to make new looking sets which have some dumb new feature. WRONG. I wish LEGO would release a "Retro" series, or a feature to buy old sets, so that the nostalgic builder could get his days worth...the great thing about those old sets was that they were cheap rips with something creative in place; some crazy new piece or an awesome new way of building something to solve a problem without re-designing every piece LEGO has only to include 4 studs on it so it can just pass as "A Lego Block"...

Anway, this rant has been long. Short story is, LEGO has lost it's ways and Devestater is yet to grow up...still, let him have his childhood...he'll need it for later...

I wish LEGO would release a "Retro" series, or a feature to buy old sets, so that the nostalgic builder could get his days worth...

Several years ago they rereleased some older Town sets. I got a Pizzeria with a pizza delivery truck, and my brothers got a restaurant (with stickers that said 'Ristorante') and a car wash, though the car wash may have been a newer set. We still have the first two built, so it would be easy to go to Peeron and look at when they were first made. Still, LEGO rarely does this, and I wish they would do it more. I'd like to see them release some of the mid-90's Space sets, since I never got any of the green Roboriders minifigs and I want them. I could probably dig out enough pieces to rebuild some of the UFO sets I had too...

Actually, speaking of Retro Sets, I still have parts from the Shell Gas Station (an officially licensed LEGO Product, as Shell is (actually, "was") a large Gas Station Chain), which included this awesome fuel pump with the sticker and the nozzle on string...and I have things like the original Fire Truck and some construction trucks....

These were all things my dad collected, and stored in this black suitcase. Ah, good times.

These were all thinks my dad collected, and stored in this black suitcase. Ah, good times.

Is your dad a secret LEGO agent?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.