Suggestion for Discord

RaveV

Not too sure if this is the right place to post this.

But anyways I think there should be a section for modding in the discord. Where you can ask for help and stuff. 

Why this should be added is because if people want to collab with projects or ask questions with a less time of waiting. Thanks for reading and I hope this could get added.

8 minutes ago, RaveV said:

...I think there should be a section for modding in the discord. Where you can ask for help and stuff.

Why this should be added is because if people want to [...] ask questions with a less time of waiting. 

While I can't confirm that posting on the Discord group will get you a faster response than posting here on RRU, I personally think it's better to post questions/modding topics here on the forums.

One minor problem about posting on Discord is that anything you post will get buried under new posts as time goes on (it's just how online chat-rooms work). Say you posted a modding question on the Discord group, and someone replies with an answer. Now imagine if somebody else comes along a few months later with the exact same modding question, they wouldn't waste hours digging through weeks and weeks of Discord posts in the hopes that they'll find the answer to their question (that is, if the thought that someone already asked the question even crosses their mind in the first place).

Meanwhile, if you post a modding question here on RRU, and get an answer, anyone who has the same question/issue in the future can uncover the topic and get an answer without having to ask.

41 minutes ago, RaveV said:

Why this should be added is because if people want to collab with projects...

Assuming you mean two or more people are working on the same collab/project together (not sharing modding questions/experience while working on separate non-collaborative projects), people can send PMs (Private Messages) via Discord or Rock Raiders United instead of through an open chat-room.

But that's just how I feel. I'm not saying that adding a modding chat-room to the RRU Discord group is a bad idea, but personally I don't see any benefit to adding a chat-room solely for modding discussions/questions when posting on RRU works fine. Of course, it's up to the moderators/whoever owns the RRU Discord group whether to add a modding chat-room or not.

Mr. Skeltal

TBH, this should be a thing, imo.

Many times, I see people trying to show off the mods and other things for these old LEGO games, only for it to be often ignored, and brushed aside with LEGO Universe talk.

lol username
1 hour ago, Mr. Skeltal said:

TBH, this should be a thing, imo.

Many times, I see people trying to show off the mods and other things for these old LEGO games, only for it to be often ignored, and brushed aside with LEGO Universe talk.

As Ben said above, yep, things always get buried in chats, and that's one of several reasons we encourage people to post things on the forum. Ben already covered some of the other reasons too. We may add more channels in the future but the chat isn't intended to take over the forum's purpose.

Yeah, a lot of stuff gets dumped in there, it's a gamble if your stuff gets regarded or not.

A bit rude, but eh...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.