A question about Ice Planet Pathway

QuirkyTurtle

QuirkyTurtle

Hey look, awful first post!

Jokes aside, I've recently got back into playing Lego Racers, and am trying to clear the time trials, something I have never done. However, one particular track is giving me trouble, namely... Well, it's in the title, isn't it? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to consistently make the second shortcut (skipping the downwards spiral near the end) work, despite the fact that VV aces it every time, and she seems to be unfairly fast, even when not boosting, which she almost constantly is. Is this just me being dumb, or is this one of the hardest time trials to nail down?

lol username

It's one of the tougher ones, yeah. Ignore that drop down in the spiral cave though, just do a tight powerslide (or even better, a superslide) on the road itself - it's faster.

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

It's been over a decade since I cleared it, but yeah, if memory serves, it takes some doing. Note that VV has the best chassis in the game, so her recording is probably playing fair, it's just that she's got a considerable advantage.

I recall Pirate Skull Pass being tougher, but I definitely won it.

This is one of those ones where one wrong mistake will see you fail... in Pirate Skull Pass, you're allowed to miss one white brick once; everything else must be perfect.

I recall something similar for Ice Planet Pathway.

QuirkyTurtle

Skull Pass is definitely also extreme, that and Ice Planet are the only two I haven't beaten yet. Thanks for the help so far, but if I may ask another question (preposterous, I know,) what's the point of the shield bricks on Ice Planet? I'm not aware of any shortcuts or hazards that may warrant the use of them.

lol username

There's only one of them and it's placed right after three white bricks, seems it's just to get in the way of you warping if you accidentally swap your green brick out with it.

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 4:12 PM, Quisoves Potoo said:

It's been over a decade since I cleared it, but yeah, if memory serves, it takes some doing. Note that VV has the best chassis in the game, so her recording is probably playing fair, it's just that she's got a considerable advantage.

I didn't think the different chassis made much of a difference, if at all. I know physics are a bit different depending on the version of the EXE (there is a video showcasing it somewhere around here). Are some cars really faster than others?

dy_enforcer
On 5/24/2018 at 3:55 AM, QuirkyTurtle said:

Hey look, awful first post!

Jokes aside, I've recently got back into playing Lego Racers, and am trying to clear the time trials, something I have never done. However, one particular track is giving me trouble, namely... Well, it's in the title, isn't it? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to consistently make the second shortcut (skipping the downwards spiral near the end) work, despite the fact that VV aces it every time, and she seems to be unfairly fast, even when not boosting, which she almost constantly is. Is this just me being dumb, or is this one of the hardest time trials to nail down?

PRO TIP: Ignore skipping the downward spiral and use the powerslide to get to the white bricks, superslide is much better but I recommend tons of practice to get used to it.

Also, there are times that the default keys (space for powerslide, down arrow for brakes) don't respond when holding down with the left or right arrow keys for turning. Do change your keyboard settings to make the powerslide more effective.

Quisoves Potoo
1 hour ago, Cirevam said:

I didn't think the different chassis made much of a difference, if at all. I know physics are a bit different depending on the version of the EXE (there is a video showcasing it somewhere around here). Are some cars really faster than others?

I've always taken it as a given. It certainly seemed that way to me, but I can't prove it off-hand. If nothing else, I found that the handling was a big difference. The medieval cart chassis, for instance, felt much harder to steer than most. But again, it could all be my imagination.

QuirkyTurtle

I just now cleared it the other day, thanks for all the help! As for chassis differences, I always felt VV and RR's chassis were faster than the rest, VV especially so.

• 1 year later...
Jack0_Parrot

Sorry, its not an answer but a question to this track. At he end of it there is a blue power up, but in the whole track there isnt anything to hurt you.

In these time race tracks if there is a red or a blue brick its because its needed for a shortcut or its against a court trap, but there isnt eny.

So if anybody could answer this i would be grateful.

lol username
1 hour ago, Jack0_Parrot said:

Sorry, its not an answer but a question to this track. At he end of it there is a blue power up, but in the whole track there isnt anything to hurt you.

In these time race tracks if there is a red or a blue brick its because its needed for a shortcut or its against a court trap, but there isnt eny.

So if anybody could answer this i would be grateful.

It's discussed just a few posts up in this very topic.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2018 at 3:15 AM, dy_enforcer said:

Also, there are times that the default keys (space for powerslide, down arrow for brakes) don't respond when holding down with the left or right arrow keys for turning. Do change your keyboard settings to make the powerslide more effective.

This is so stupid why developers put feature in this game which doesn't properly work on default keys. Only way I got it work is that I first press down arrow, second the space bar, then the way I want to go and in the end release the down arrow. I have noticed that it won't work on slow speeds and this sometimes doesn't work (might be that my execution is bad) but it's the only way I can get it work. Usually I switch spacebar to right shift but I need to do same manouver there too.

That brings the question: is it possible to do powerslide while pressing accelerator, brake, powerslide and the left/right simultaneously during playing your keyboard (no mechanical one of course) with reasonable button mapping? 

On 8/28/2019 at 3:12 AM, Jugebox98 said:

This is so stupid why developers put feature in this game which doesn't properly work on default keys. Only way I got it work is that I first press down arrow, second the space bar, then the way I want to go and in the end release the down arrow. I have noticed that it won't work on slow speeds and this sometimes doesn't work (might be that my execution is bad) but it's the only way I can get it work. Usually I switch spacebar to right shift but I need to do same manouver there too.

That brings the question: is it possible to do powerslide while pressing accelerator, brake, powerslide and the left/right simultaneously during playing your keyboard (no mechanical one of course) with reasonable button mapping? 

From first paragraph, Based from what I can understand, its because the keyboards have different setups depending on the manufacturer, there are times that it limits the functionality of a specific key if you hold down one of them and then hold down another. 

From second paragraph, I don't know about button mapping but I do know you can change the keyboards settings from the options menu. Also, you can hold down both brake and powerslide while accelerating. It won't have any effect on slowing the car down and you can still turn left or right to powerslide or superslide.

lol username
20 hours ago, Jugebox98 said:

dy_enforcer is correct, it depends on the keyboard, not the game itself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.