Rock Raiders installed in Italian

Supermuskox

Supermuskox

Hey everyone,

Recently I got bored and decided to install Rock Raiders from my old CD copy. Encountering the usual problems like the 16-bit installer. I decided to solve that issue by using the LRR Alternative Installer. After solving compatibility issues I noticed my game was installed in Italian. I have not had the option to specify which language I wanted and I'm Dutch. I would prefer to have the game back in Dutch, but if changing language is only possible by acquiring the localization files then English is fine too.

I have seen some of the threads regarding language changing, but I wasn't really informed by them.

Any suggestions?

We really got to put together a translation pack for this game, so many people always looking to change the language.

I don't have dutch, but I do have English. Someone else may have a dutch copy.

Supermuskox

Can you give me a link to the English files? I hope I can figure out how to install them, but I assume it's both text and speech?

And yeah, I've been looking through the support category but there are so many posts asking about translation. Would it be possible to extract localization files from the CD? Because I'm pretty sure I had Dutch on this CD.

Supermuskox

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to come back to this post with a workaround. I got the Dutch localization files by installing the game om a virtual machine. Following this tutorial I installed Rock Raiders on my Virtual Machine in my preferred language. After that I transferred the files from the virtual machine onto a portable hand drive. (Doesn't have to be a portable hard drive, I just had to switch operating systems cause my virtual box is on Linux). Then I moved the game files in my original installation folder and badabing badaboom; Rock Raiders is in Dutch!

Bit of a creative workaround but it worked for me.

Good you figured out how to do it, now I come to think of it, I think there was a way to extract a particular language using Universal Extractor.

• 9 months later...

Hey everyone!!!

My question is if there is already a language pack for LEGO RR because my game is in Spanish and I can't change the language in game so that is a bummer.

If there is a language pack for the English language please let me know.

Conceptually, all a language pack needs is:

- Data/Sounds

- Lego.cfg

- ObjectiveText

I don't know: I don't have LRR games in other languages so I don't know what else is needed.

In the interim, this is LegoRR1.wad, which contains Lego.cfg, which contains the in-game names of all the stuff (levels, monsters, vehicles, menus). I think it also contains ObjectiveText, which is the level introduction and outroduction (that's not a word!) text. As the name cryptically indicates, it does mean that the cutscenes will no longer play (it was uploaded because for some people the cutscenes crash their game: you can always fish them out of Data/AVI on the disk and watch them yourself :P

Download that, unzip, move your existing LegoRR1.wad to somewhere safe (or rename it to something that isn't LegoRR#.wad), and move the downloaded .wad into your game directory.

The sound and voiceovers will still be in Spanish, but at least the tooltips, menus, and names should be in English!

• 2 years later...
On 5/9/2018 at 10:33 AM, Supermuskox said:

Hey everyone,

Recently I got bored and decided to install Rock Raiders from my old CD copy. Encountering the usual problems like the 16-bit installer. I decided to solve that issue by using the LRR Alternative Installer. After solving compatibility issues I noticed my game was installed in Italian. I have not had the option to specify which language I wanted and I'm Dutch. I would prefer to have the game back in Dutch, but if changing language is only possible by acquiring the localization files then English is fine too.

I have seen some of the threads regarding language changing, but I wasn't really informed by them.

Any suggestions?

YOOOO I AM ITALIAN AND I DESPERATELY NEED THE ITALIAN LOCALIZATION pleaaase? can you somehow pass me the files somehow? (not sure which files) i would love that thanks youu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.