Lego Rock Raiders win xp sp3 problem

boopolini

boopolini

I'm running Rock raiders on a windows xp machine it runs smooth but I can't get past the first mission when you find the tool store the environment screen goes black will the ui is still there and functioning. My specs are a intel core 2 duo e7200 cpu ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphics card with 4gb of ram running windows xp service pack 3. And sorry for any misspelling

boopolini
7 hours ago, aidenpons said:

What kind of XP computer is that? D:

Try running in windowed:

I will try that and to answer your questions Windows xp service pack 3 is a the last iteration of windows xp to be  released  the service packs were just major updates to the os that added a lot of feature.

boopolini

Ok so after getting it to Window  Mode  it was fine I got pasta the first mission but if I close and re open the game the same problem will occur and will require a full system restart to fix it.

Which drivers are you using for your graphics card? Actually, can you tell us more about it? I'm getting conflicting information when I search for it online. Some say it's part of the Intel CPU (integrated graphics) which is common on laptops. Others say it's a low-power, traditional graphics card.

boopolini

The card is a ati Radeon HD 3450 which I forgot to add my bad. And a new problem has occurred will playing through frozen frenzy the game will just crash in full screen and window mode

Edited by boopolini

Das Glückskekschen

There should be 2 shortcuts on your desktop to start RR, the "normal mode" and "higher mode" .

Did you tested it with both?

I remember that I had a similar issue with an XP-laptop and one of the shortcuts was the solution.

boopolini

So after reinstalling the game the regular way I tried the standard and enhanced with both leading to crashes the standard lasted the longest and enhanced crashed after killing the first rock monster 

boopolini

I don’t know if this crashing problem is hardware or software it could be the version of Windowsxp or the graphics card.

Have you tried dgVoodoo yet? Pay close attention to the version in the guide. Download the one hosted here instead of the latest version on the author's site:

I can’t get voodoo to work it just crashes the game with out a start up of the  graphics  card select or window,full screen is there something I’m missing 

I'm guessing that it's more or less that LRR hates your graphics card. Radeon + LRR = :cry:

The solution would be to take the graphics card out but... that's not exactly ideal.

All the same, could you give it a go to confirm whether that is the problem?

So I have removed  my graphics card to see wat would happen and as it tearns out I’m missing a display drivers for intugrated graphics so all I did was install the drivers and the game seems to look a lot better and run somthere and the frozen frenzy is still crashing but I have  determined  It’s has something to do with how the map  processes for it runs fine in standard but the rock raiders will just stand there at  certain points and proceed to do nothing so I downloaded one of my old saves that I found of a old laptop and used that to get me past it so overall it seems to be working fine. I thank you all for your help

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.