Which Lego Island game is the best?

Edwin

I know they're not easy to compare since they're all pretty different, but which of the three Island games do you enjoy playing the most - and why?

everyone will disagree with me but I like Xtreme stunts the most. idk really why but it felt more polished, at least control wise. though lego island 1 is definitely the funniest of them all 

Just now, Zeeslag said:

everyone will disagree with me but I like Xtreme stunts the most. 

YES, thank you. I agree. LI1 is less of a game and more of an ... experience. LI2 has a story, but controls badly, has bad graphs and the minigames are not very fun. Ixs has good skateboarding, is pleasant to look at and the minigames are all right. Yes, the "Xtreme stunts" part is pretty shoehorned in, but the same can be said for the story in LI2

I think it's miles better than the first two games, but LI1 certainly had more character/charm. 

lol username
14 hours ago, Edwin said:

LI1 is less of a game and more of an ... experience

Or as Wes always put it, a "a toy that had gaming features".

As was said earlier, each of them is so different I dunno how I'd rank them... They all have strong strengths and weaknesses. Even LI2, I loved it as a kid, and so has every other kid in the family who's played it in more recent years. As far as the kids it's aimed at are concerned, it's a big adventure where you get to explore a lot of places and build a house and go scuba diving and parachuting and on and on... The problems that tend to become apparent as you get older don't matter to them. (Even on the technical side - the game may have a lot of bugs and quirks, but by far the majority aren't ones you'd encounter while playing the game "normally", or ones kids care about.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terrev said:

The problems that tend to become apparent as you get older don't matter to them. (Even on the technical side - the game may have a lot of bugs and quirks, but by far the majority aren't ones you'd encounter while playing the game "normally", or ones kids care about.)

Also, the bugs are not gamebreaking (for the most part), unlike LRR's random crashes with no save function. The one in LI2 that springs to mind is the framerate shenanigans with the Biplane game, but that's avoidable on my rig by just smashing into the wall (as during the smash-into-wall forced manouvering you lose score, but fuel loss is halted).

IXS is the most polished game of the bunch. It's tighter and less buggy than the others and has a lot more cohesiveness. It's easily my favorite. Just a whole lot of fun in general, great minigames or whatever they are called. Lots of stuff to do, things to collect, and island to explore. You get to skateboard against a skeleton!

LEGO Island has a lot of really neat stuff and the nostalgia is very strong for me but it's not nearly as much fun to play just for the sake of playing. It's fun because of the flavor, the music (good for all the games), and the nostalgia. It's the quirkiest of the bunch, without a doubt, and it is unique. I'd love to see a slightly more polished version but that won't ever happen.

LEGO Island 2 is a game that did a lot of things and did them about as well as is necessary for a children's game. There's a lot I love about it - sure, it's silly, kinda cringey at times, weird, and buggy, but there's a lot of good flavor. More interesting gameplay than LI, for obvious reasons. It's a fun adventure with a lot of really neat stuff all around you that captures a lot of themes from my early childhood (nostalgia is fun). And Ogel is just awesome. Sure, it'd be crap in any context other than this but within the context of LI2 it is perfect. It's a mess, but a glorious one.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.