how to play without a CD?

Toxical

I was able to download the game and got past the DirectX barrier. But now it wont run because the cd is missing.

im using a windows 10 computer without the cd spot. yes i have the gamefiles on that pc.

i asume this is an easy problem to fix, i just dont know what to do. thanks for the help in advance :)

lol username

As far as I know the game always loads files from the disc. Not sure if there's an easy way around that, besides mounting a disc image or something. I personally use WinCDEmu for that.

Maybe @McJobless would know more, he was poking at this game a little while back...

1 hour ago, Terrev said:

As far as I know the game always loads files from the disc. Not sure if there's an easy way around that, besides mounting a disc image or something. I personally use WinCDEmu for that.

Maybe @McJobless would know more, he was poking at this game a little while back...

thank you, i was able to mount the disc image, but i dont understand how im supposed to use it with the game.

Mounting a virtual CD acts as though it's a real CD. I would first attempt to play the game; if it runs, you're good. If it complains, it means that the game is checking against the installation drive, and so you will need to reinstall the game from the virtual CD this time.

was able to get to the game menu on another computer, but it crashes when i try to play it. do you know a fix for that?

• 2 weeks later...
aidenpons
On 4/24/2018 at 1:50 AM, Toxical said:

was able to get to the game menu on another computer, but it crashes when i try to play it. do you know a fix for that?

Try throwing admin and compatibility rights on all the executables you can find? Also try a reinstall?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.