Discontinued Ninjago Scratch Game

headplucker

headplucker

You guys remember the brilliant set called 'Epic Dragon Battle' in the theme of Ninjago? Well, some years ago I made it into a garbage Scratch game based off of it. (Please click on the link as it is easier to show you with a video than with pictures).

The mechanics are slightly based off of an obscure SNES game called 'Live A Live' that I used to idolize; I hadn't played it at the time so it was just guesswork and improvisation for me. The music is also from there, 'Megalomania' and 'Pure Odio' respectively. 

Download link (backwards compatible with Scratch 1.4 but can run in Scratch 2)

The Scratch 2 online editor can be found here, and all you have to do is download the project file above and then go to 'File' > 'Upload from your computer' inside of the editor. 

Now then, onto the game itself, and what makes it so horrible:

1. No hitboxes - This causes a glitch wherein the dragon you play as can get trapped in the right-hand corner.
  2. Only one attack works
  3. Said attack has a very sparse area of effect, meaning it is almost impossible to hit the Great Devourer
  4. The Great Devourer itself only moves after you are stuck with the selected area of effect, making the task Sysphian
  5. The music doesn't loop instantaneously - and there is a very unnerving, albeit digital scream in the second track
  6. If you do get all of the hitpoints for the Great Devourer, then there is no victory; only the music stops

Some 'features' could be considered benevolent:

1. The Great Devourer's attacks do nothing
  2. Your health is four times that of the Devourer's (except you never lose any)
  3. You can probably move the sprites around with your mouse in order to make sure you hit the enemy. I only rediscovered this with the attack menu buttons. This also might just not work, as I haven't tested it recently. 

Please tell me what you think of this thing, if it isn't too horrible. I am probably not going to update it. Feel free to suggest tags to indicate that, as this is only my second post. If you do decide to play it, I suggest only going for one successful attack on your part, as it is very unbalanced. Also, please don't upload it to Scratch. On a side note, what other 'final battles' from the various Lego themes would you like to see in game format? Not that I'd try to recreate them or anything. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.