Help: Running Lego Star Wars 1 on Windows 10

aidenpons

Oh goody, another game broken on Win10.

Both on my Win10 desktop and Win10 laptop. Both of them have a perfectly functional CD drive, and both of them have no graphics card.

Throwing admin rights and compatibility mode for XP SP3 * hasn't helped, on both the game LegoStarWars.exe and detectGPU.exe .

LegoStarWars.exe briefly shows up in Task Manager before quietly disappearing off the list. detectGPU does the same thing if I run it directly, but never shows up at all if I run LegoStarWars.exe.

* Annoyingly, on my laptop there is no "Compatibility" tab under right-click Properties, meaning any settings have to be made by that annoying troubleshooter, which among other things takes at least 20s to run before telling me "XP SP3 compatibility would help." Heck, I might do some googling for registry edits for compatibility to permanently throw it on there., if anyone can get it to start. But when I run the troubleshooter and tick everything that clearly corresponds to certain settings (fun fact: you can use the troubleshooter to run a program in both 8-bit and 16-bit color mode, no clue which it actually runs in), I still get the same result.

Would installing an XP Virtual Machine actually help?

Running LegoStarWars without the disk (which it needs to run) results in exactly the same phenomenon - starting in Task Manager & quietly vanishing - suggesting it's failing before even checking to see if the disk exists.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.